Thread: Did anyone notice...

Default Did anyone notice...

At least twice in the game, our punt returner let the ball bounce rather than fair catch it. Both times it was on or near the 20 yard line. Both times, it cost us at least 5 yards. If they were hoping for a touchback, it wasn't even close.

I'm not sure how that's coached, but I would think fair catch it 15 yards and out.

Am I the only one that seen that.....am I wrong...
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    At least twice in the game, our punt returner let the ball bounce rather than fair catch it. Both times it was on or near the 20 yard line. Both times, it cost us at least 5 yards. If they were hoping for a touchback, it wasn't even close.

I'm not sure how that's coached, but I would think fair catch it 15 yards and out.

Am I the only one that seen that.....am I wrong...
    Well, I don't recall exactly, but I think they only put 1 punt inside the 20. Take out the 1 good punt (talking Prater) and his other 3 only went about 30 yards. Better to keep it in front of you rather than trying to field it running full speed, ala PP21. KW did fall on one, I just think they were to short to get to.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

I'd say that was the least of the problems for Sunday lol
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    I'd say that was the least of the problems for Sunday lol
    I will agree, its the least of our problems. Still its all in the details.

I tried to find a video of it, but short of full game illegal video...found none.

To be honest, its only the first one I remember well. KW's was standing on the 20yard line and just let it bounce. He could have easily caught it/fair catch it.

Oh well, there is next week....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

I didn't notice this, but a probable explanation is this:

Our punter shredded his knee on that *** play where he bobbled the snap and ran for his life instead of taking the safety. In comes our kicker to punt. He can't punt as far or with as much hang time, meanwhile your return guy is still lined up to take punts from a real punter, so he doesn't have time to run up and catch it in the air.

Our ST play was not the cause for the loss like last year. Our QB had a bad day. And our O-line took an early hit with Hump going out coupled with Iupati playing with 1 arm and Wetzel whiffing on several pass rushes. It was clear thru out the game Iupati was only playing with 1 arm and holding on with the bad one.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I will agree, its the least of our problems. Still its all in the details.

I tried to find a video of it, but short of full game illegal video...found none.

To be honest, its only the first one I remember well. KW's was standing on the 20yard line and just let it bounce. He could have easily caught it/fair catch it.

Oh well, there is next week....
    All 22?

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm