Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Arians try kicking the ball off to start a game at least once this year?

Default Will Arians try kicking the ball off to start a game at least once this year?

Not to say the Cardinals would have won yesterday if they did, but it boggles the mind how he sees absolutely no benefit in kicking the ball.

Starting the offense 1st puts a lot of pressure on the O to score the first possesion. Statistically speaking most teams do not score their first possesion but he keeps making the same **** decision over and over again. We have been absolutely horrible having the ball first possesion. The defense has a much better chance of stopping another teams offense on the first possesion than we do of scoring first possesion. These are statistical facts. Yesterday was a prime example, not only does Palmer throw an int first posession (saved by bethel pick6) Detroit ends up getting a field goal to end the half and then they end up getting the ball back to start the second half. It makes zero sense someone who has coached as long as Arians see no benefit kicking the Ball first and getting the defense off to a fast start. It's so infuriating to watch because the same **** things keep happening when we start with the ball. We do not score.

Seriously, can someone from this message board that has connections to the team relay this information to Arians or the coaching staff? If Palmer Cardinals is around can you tell Carson to request kicking the ball of to start the game as an experiment. It seriously cannot get any worse than it has been the last couple of years. Arians stubbornness and pride is going to be the death of this team.

He is not willing to change at all

Quote Originally Posted by CP3USCLEGEND View Post
    Not to say the Cardinals would have won yesterday if they did, but it boggles the mind how he sees absolutely no benefit in kicking the ball.

Starting the offense 1st puts a lot of pressure on the O to score the first possesion. Statistically speaking most teams do not score their first possesion but he keeps making the same **** decision over and over again. We have been absolutely horrible having the ball first possesion. The defense has a much better chance of stopping another teams offense on the first possesion than we do of scoring first possesion. These are statistical facts. Yesterday was a prime example, not only does Palmer throw an int first posession (saved by bethel pick6) Detroit ends up getting a field goal to end the half and then they end up getting the ball back to start the second half. It makes zero sense someone who has coached as long as Arians see no benefit kicking the Ball first and getting the defense off to a fast start. It's so infuriating to watch because the same **** things keep happening when we start with the ball. We do not score.

Seriously, can someone from this message board that has connections to the team relay this information to Arians or the coaching staff? If Palmer Cardinals is around can you tell Carson to request kicking the ball of to start the game as an experiment. It seriously cannot get any worse than it has been the last couple of years. Arians stubbornness and pride is going to be the death of this team.

He is not willing to change at all

It does'nt matter if Jesus came back and told BA to defer. Once he has set his mind on something nothing will change that. We will receive as long as he is head coach and he wins the toss.

OMG...this is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to Arians.....

I couldn't agree more. I like Arians, but he is just wrong here.

I've seen a quote where he said... paraphrasing here...I like to score first to demoralize the enemy. Well that sounds good, but we almost never do it.

There is a reason why most coaches choose to kickoff when they win the toss....time for BA to learn that.
    Last edited by thomas cat; 09-11-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

I find many of the complaints about BA to be somewhat tedious. You can second-guess play calling for every team, even when they win.

But this one is frustrating because the trend is so established and so against him. I honestly don't remember the last time they scored a TD on the first possession. But I know overall the percentage in the last 2 years is probably less than 10% of the time, which should call for a different strategy.

But....
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

No risk it no biscuit.............

Well said OJ Anderson....just hope Arians can see the light.

I don't mind stubborn, sometimes that can be good, but if you don't learn from the past....well...your gonna fail.

Please Arians....open you mind....its ok to change it.....
    Last edited by thomas cat; 09-11-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Hate this as well...and always seems to let the other team have back to back possessions...feels like we always give up a late 2nd quarter score then they get ball right back.

BA literally only coach who does this every sunday.So frustrating.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    No risk it no biscuit.............
    I'm assuming that's sarcastic....

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I agree... If its not working then do something different. receiving the ball to start a game isn't working.

After reading some of the non sense after the game this is a great thread! I'm sure someone can look it up but it would be really interesting to see statistically what the Cardinals have done with the opening possession in games since Arians has been here when receiving the opening kickoff. I think we all know the numbers aren't good but I would like to see how many times they have scored. Hell I would like to know how many times they've gone 3 and out or turned it over. Way more than they should. It's as if BA has to get into his script as soon as possible regardless of whether it makes sense depending on what team you are playing, etc.

Let's put it this way. As awful as Indy's offense is BA will look like a couple fool if he elects to take the ball in the 1st half. I think we would all agree the defense is way ahead of the offense. Why wouldn't you want Golden and Jones to tee off on Scott ******** Tolzien? There's a huge probability you get the Colts off the field and have good field position for your opening possession, plus you get the ball in the second half. Plus DJ, your best offensive player is out. All logic screams to defer. Let's see if BA sees the light
    "It's not a lie if you believe it."
    George Castanza