Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from Here ? Changes I'd like to see

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    The only change is qb, put in Gabbert. He's the difference, he can run, escape pressure, throw on run, run for first downs. The rest of the team is actually serviceable even with an average o-line.
    IF CP plays against Indy the way he played against the Lions you will have a point. But Not until after that game.

JosEPh

It could happen that the Colts will not put much of a scare to our defense. If that holds true we will see our $LB and Nkemdiche get in game shape for our challenging first half of the season and the rest of the defense feel they are back on track following that disappointing effort in Detroit.

Not much more can be said about the offense, they must find a new identity 'on the quick' so they can keep pace within the division. Seattle sees themselves the same way and the Rams have winnable game to stay a game ahead of both of us, in that scenerio. I expect BA to make all the right moves.

Eventually if the season goes the way I feel it's gonna go I hope they play BG and see if he is gonna be around next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    It could happen that the Colts will not put much of a scare to our defense. If that holds true we will see our $LB and Nkemdiche get in game shape for our challenging first half of the season and the rest of the defense feel they are back on track following that disappointing effort in Detroit.

Not much more can be said about the offense, they must find a new identity 'on the quick' so they can keep pace within the division. Seattle sees themselves the same way and the Rams have winnable game to stay a game ahead of both of us, in that scenerio. I expect BA to make all the right moves.
    Anything's possible, but I'm hoping Washington can handle the Rams.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

To me I think all the issues last weekend comes down to the oline. I would like to see the team concentrate on getting this oline fixed. I dont know what that entails, moving people around, change practice up etc. But if you look at it if the line could keep Palmer protected and help open the run:

- Palmer wouldnt be throwing with defenders in his face
    - Palmer wouldnt be worried about the rush thus better chance of completions
    - Being able to run the ball and pass the ball better the offense stays on the field longer, allowing defense to rest
    - Defense doesnt gas out and continues to play strong

We saw the defense player fairly well during the first half until the offense continued to sputter and they had to stay on the field a lot. You could tell they were gased when the Lions went down and got their first TD of the game. Palmer is an old school QB, not very mobile, 5 step drops, needs time to make his reads, routine routine routine. When his routine is messed up the whole offense suffers and then eventually the defense suffers. So again I think a lot of the issues can be resolved via the oline. Of course way easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    IF CP plays against Indy the way he played against the Lions you will have a point. But Not until after that game.

JosEPh
    Then what? a real game then a real game after that, then another?
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Then what? a real game then a real game after that, then another?
    I guess we have to wait and see huh? The Dallas game should be pretty enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I guess we have to wait and see huh? The Dallas game should be pretty enlightening.
    I hope you are right but the last couple of seasons after that Carolina game have been rough. Got my hopes up only to see the Sabermatricians, analytics geeks are right. Called it. I want to say they are wrong, that it is sustainable, that people aren't getting old.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

I hope you are right but the last couple of seasons after that Carolina game have been rough. Got my hopes up only to see the Sabermatricians, analytics geeks are right. Called it. I want to say they are wrong, that it is sustainable, that people aren't getting old.
    There's only been 1 season since the Carolina game. The Cards have made a lot of changes to special teams since then.

The kicker and punter are a coupe of the factors in the avg age of our team, but I don't believe anybody would want to exchange Lee and Dawson for Butler and Catman, right?

Dansby Fitz, Frostee and Palmer are the guys that move us into that "old" category with those other 2 primarily, along with Tramon Williams. He's the main one I'd think could be easily upgraded.

I think the age thing matters most if you're talking about guys that tend to not get rotated out enough too. Maybe I'm not up to date on how serious it is, but I'm not getting worked up about this age thing just yet.

Ever heard of George Allen? (yes I'm repeating from another thread cause it's appropriate).

(Michigan)...George Herbert Allen. . .Ranked 10th all-time in coaching victories at time of retirement. . .Had overall record of 118-54-5 . . .Adopted “Future is Now” theme, made 131 trades in career. . .Never had a losing season in 12 years as NFL head coach. . . . Named Coach of the Year, 1967, 1971. . .

He Hoarded older players. The Redskins under his time there was called "The Over The Hill Gang". Maybe you remember or have heard of them?

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 09-14-2017 at 05:17 PM.