Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from Here ? Changes I'd like to see

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    With David Johinson out (for maybe the season depending on Cards record in week #12) and Humphries most likely out for next 2 games (according to Jurecki this morning). Jurecki says Bucannon will practice this week so I'd expect to see him against Dallas.

The changes I'd like to see:
    1. Shorten up the playbook from 170 - 200 plays to about 80-90 plays. I believe the reason OL cannot start in 1st year including 1st round draft picks (Humphries) is there are too many plays. Limited practice time needs to have an old school coach like BA amend his ways. Many coaches believe it is much better to have all 11 men on offense EXECUTE their assignment perfectly on a given play then to have the best designed play against a defense but to have poor execution ... the former will at least get positive yards wherein the latter will fail.
    2. If John Brown is only 80% and can't take the top of the defense, then play Brittain Golden more until JB gets to at least 95%.
    3. Without DJ, shorten the game and run the ball with more use of the TE.
    4. Chandler Jones was good early but didn't do anything in 4th qtr. -- Rotate improved Kareem Martin in for more snaps -- only 7 on Sunday and those were for M. Golden.
    5. If Iupati's arm prevents him from performing, then put in Alex Boone and run the darn ball more.
    6. Please have the faster WR's go in motion (JJ and Golden) and snap the ball after they've crossed the OL so they are able to get a free release and can quickly get to top speed and get on the other team's #3 CB very quickly. Fitz is the ONLY player going in motion which is okay for some of the slot pass patterns but not every single time.
    7. No red zone passes to the back pylon to 5'9" receivers (JB again ??) when you have 6'7" TE's and either Fitz or Jaron Brown.

Right now the wild card which can change the season for the positive is if Nkemdiche could play at a level like Everson Griffen - M. Daniels or even better Fletcher Cox. I know I am asking a lot but since we are at Defcon #2 and based on the fact that it appears there is only about 8 teams with decent OL's in the entire league = Nkemdiche needs to be a disrupter ... this will allow the rush from Golden - C. Jones - Reddick to cause havoc and cause turnovers.

Last year Honey Badger lamented on the radio that in 2015 he was able to get to a top speed of around 21.5 MPH but last year was topping out at 18-19 MPH so when I read he gained 10-12 lbs in off season I wondered how that would impact his speed. I wonder what the metrics are for him now (20 MPH ??) because it seemed the Lions started picking on him with Tate in 2nd half. I am not saying anything yet after 1 game but this is definitely something the coaches need to monitor as Budda may get his shot if HB doesn't return to at least 95% of his 2015 speed.
    What makes you think there are 170-200 plays they have to know.??

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    No, it's okay.

I love watching people with blind optimism trying to find ways to take a 4-11 team and turn them into a 7-9 team.

Nothing is as funny and equally depressing as watching people trying to find ways to justify us not getting a top 5 pick in order to fulfill some unwritten code of not tanking.

Our QB is old. Our O line is weak. Our LT is out 2-3 weeks and we just lost our stud RB for 2-3 months. What more evidence do people need that it's in this organization's best interest to write off this season in order to get one of the top tier QBs in the 2018 class?
    He's right, gosh darn it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZDream View Post
    Do you guys really believe that BA might change his ways or givin to adjustments ??!!! He demands the entire system to adjust to him and adapt to his ways and not the other way around.

And that is exactly why we are in decline and it's all down hill from here.

It's so embarrassing to even consider picking the Colts game as the game we will bounce back at. I mean common guys !! Seriously !! The miserable Rams offence put up 46 points on that defense ! And thats the team that you will re-evaluate your so called (playoff) team.

It is embarrassing to say the least.

What happened to the all or nothing statement?!
    So.....your idea is we should go ahead and lose that game and wait until the home opener against Dallas to "bounce back"? Or did you want to wait longer?
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Changes I'd like to see.

Valdeer back to LT.
    Wetzel to RG.
    Boehm to center,
    John to RT.

With the way BA's offense is set up the read for the QB is deep receiver first. Then the QB works his way back to the shortest receiver. Need to change that to just the other way around. Short receiver 1st at 7 to 8 yards down field. Then work your way our.

Use the TE more. ESPECIALLY in the red zone.

Quit with the bunch formation so close to the tackle. Move them out 7 to 8 yards. Stops the LB from getting a chip on one of the receivers. Either takes the LB out of the box or gives your receivers a better get off.

Quit with Larry in motion towards the tackle. When he does that about 70 % of the time the D knows it's a run.

More off tackle runs and less right up the gut. Shipley can't get a push.

Stick a TE in the backfield as a lead blocker.

Thiose are just some of the things that need to change.

More 3 and 5 step drops. Especially with this line.
    Your RT just got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAngelG View Post
    What makes you think there are 170-200 plays they have to know.??
    You can read this in an interview Carson Palmer did with Peter King last year -- I was all over this complaint last year because it is VALID.

Article - https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/n...side-game-plan

I mean 171 plays to prepare for the lowly Cleveland Browns ?????????

2015 season deep ball destroyed other teams.
    2016 teams take it away passing game stinks
    2017 teams take it away passing game stinks (minus David Johnson now too)

What I have noticed is when ever this team does 2 minute drills they move the ball consistently.
    This needs to happen man. With the deep ball gone and pro bowl HB gone. Go uptempo start to get defenses on its heals, the cardinals are already good at it why not use it more often

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    So.....your idea is we should go ahead and lose that game and wait until the home opener against Dallas to "bounce back"? Or did you want to wait longer?
    What makes you think we will intentionally have to tank it to get one of the top tier QBs?

Fix the OL. Ellington needs to catch 60 to 70 passes like he did in 2014 and we have to get a running attack from Williams and Johnson. If we can't fix the OL the season is toast.

The only change is qb, put in Gabbert. He's the difference, he can run, escape pressure, throw on run, run for first downs. The rest of the team is actually serviceable even with an average o-line.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dills View Post
    What makes you think we will intentionally have to tank it to get one of the top tier QBs?
    You need to go back and read the post I was responding to.
    The question of Daryl Washington.