Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: We will know by the bye week what needs to be done.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Two things. I don't think it's going to take until the bye week to find out if Palmer is done or not. Probably with in the next 3 games. If he keeps throwing balls into the ground like he did with 3 or 4 last game his arm is shot. Which I think it is.

    I'm not sure BA would bench Palmer. Just look how stubborn he has been about everything else. If he does and moves on to Stanton we will surely be drafting in the top 10 in the 2018 draft.

    If some how we loose to the Colts I don't see more than 4 wins total the whole season. Then we should be able to get one of the QB because we will be drafting in the top 5 most likely.

    Don't forget we lost half our offense with DJ going down. It's going to be a lot harder to win, and a lot easier for D coordinators to game plan for the Cards. There not going to need the 8 man box near as much so that will leave more guys roaming the secondary. More picks from Palmer.

    I predicted this team could go anywhere from 6 and 10 to 12 and 4. Looking more like 6 and 10 now with DJ down for then next 7 or 8 games.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Two things. I don't think it's going to take until the bye week to find out if Palmer is done or not. Probably with in the next 3 games. If he keeps throwing balls into the ground like he did with 3 or 4 last game his arm is shot. Which I think it is.

    I'm not sure BA would bench Palmer. Just look how stubborn he has been about everything else. If he does and moves on to Stanton we will surely be drafting in the top 10 in the 2018 draft.

    If some how we loose to the Colts I don't see more than 4 wins total the whole season. Then we should be able to get one of the QB because we will be drafting in the top 5 most likely.

    Don't forget we lost half our offense with DJ going down. It's going to be a lot harder to win, and a lot easier for D coordinators to game plan for the Cards. There not going to need the 8 man box near as much so that will leave more guys roaming the secondary. More picks from Palmer.

    I predicted this team could go anywhere from 6 and 10 to 12 and 4. Looking more like 6 and 10 now with DJ down for then next 7 or 8 games.
    This is the key. Teams no longer have to load the box to stop DJ. It is really all on Palmer now and he needs to find that magic or it will be a long season.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    423

    Default

    If a team is considered a post-season contender, and by all accounts our Big Red qualifies, then the roster makeup and its promise is legitimate. Therefore, the long-term loss of DJ is a big challenge to overcome, but just that, an in-season challenge. If this was CP going down for an extended period, that could be insurmountable.

    Your point, 'monster...,' of DJ being one-half of the offense could, also, be a path to a solution. By that, I mean, that while the opponent's defense will relax from playing eight in the box, this could open up more space for our RB's and Larry and Gresham to being more successful. A defense that is leery of DJ and playing to prevent him from hurting him can benefit in having more defenders clogging up running and route lanes. If they are no longer facing the talents of DJ they'll play a more appropriate defensive scheme that BA will adjust to and get back to 'yardage in chunks.'

    I will see for myself at the Colt game on Sunday how different our gameplan is going forward. It can be favorable for us in playing a weakened Colt team and us being, again, a road favorite. Our offense can get good practice in the new offensive approach so the necessary adjustments in personnel and playcalling can be made in preparation for your MNF sellout home-opener. My only real concern is how BA will play to the final gun' considering the Colts are coached by his very good friend, Chuck Pagano. If we have a comfortable lead entering the 4th quarter will BA keep his foot on Pagano's neck to ensure our first victory? Win first, hug after.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    The key to offensive success is that O-line.


    I saw running plays called with 8 in the box. Palmer needs to audible out of the run in this case.
    I also think we are to predictable. Even I can tell whether the play coming is run or pass most of the time.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir60 View Post
    The key to offensive success is that O-line.


    I saw running plays called with 8 in the box. Palmer needs to audible out of the run in this case.
    I also think we are to predictable. Even I can tell whether the play coming is run or pass most of the time.
    We don't have the o-line good enough for an immobile qb. In a perfect world, with all pro linemen for a pure pocket passer, it would work but we need a mobile quarterback to win.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    If a team is considered a post-season contender, and by all accounts our Big Red qualifies, then the roster makeup and its promise is legitimate. Therefore, the long-term loss of DJ is a big challenge to overcome, but just that, an in-season challenge. If this was CP going down for an extended period, that could be insurmountable.

    Your point, 'monster...,' of DJ being one-half of the offense could, also, be a path to a solution. By that, I mean, that while the opponent's defense will relax from playing eight in the box, this could open up more space for our RB's and Larry and Gresham to being more successful. A defense that is leery of DJ and playing to prevent him from hurting him can benefit in having more defenders clogging up running and route lanes. If they are no longer facing the talents of DJ they'll play a more appropriate defensive scheme that BA will adjust to and get back to 'yardage in chunks.'

    I will see for myself at the Colt game on Sunday how different our gameplan is going forward. It can be favorable for us in playing a weakened Colt team and us being, again, a road favorite. Our offense can get good practice in the new offensive approach so the necessary adjustments in personnel and playcalling can be made in preparation for your MNF sellout home-opener. My only real concern is how BA will play to the final gun' considering the Colts are coached by his very good friend, Chuck Pagano. If we have a comfortable lead entering the 4th quarter will BA keep his foot on Pagano's neck to ensure our first victory? Win first, hug after.
    Tom do you remember what BA said the 1st time the Team played Indy and Pagano? Handshakes and hugs before the game, but game time, "I'm gonna kick your butt" "Just like when older brother plays younger brother".That game was at UoP and the Colts lost 42-7 or 42-10 iirc. BA never let up. He won't let up in Indy either if we are ahead.

    JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 09-13-2017 at 10:46 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    We don't have the o-line good enough for an immobile qb. In a perfect world, with all pro linemen for a pure pocket passer, it would work but we need a mobile quarterback to win.
    That's true, we don't have an o-line good enough and we haven't had a mobile quarterback and yet we have won 49 of our last 65 regular season games. Palmer has always done a good job stepping up into the pocket. The one thing he sometimes fails at is getting rid of the ball, even throw it away, in a timely manner.

    We lost, not because Palmer was reckless, but because he was cautiously trying not to may mistakes. He needs to trust his instincts.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir60 View Post
    That's true, we don't have an o-line good enough and we haven't had a mobile quarterback and yet we have won 49 of our last 65 regular season games. Palmer has always done a good job stepping up into the pocket. The one thing he sometimes fails at is getting rid of the ball, even throw it away, in a timely manner.

    We lost, not because Palmer was reckless, but because he was cautiously trying not to may mistakes. He needs to trust his instincts.
    Huh? If that's what he was doing, he sure did a lousy job at it. He was rattled. It got worse after Hump went out.
    Watch that first Int. His head was facing that direction before he ever threw the ball. There was nobody in red within 10 yards. After that it was downhill.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Huh? If that's what he was doing, he sure did a lousy job at it. He was rattled. It got worse after Hump went out.
    Watch that first Int. His head was facing that direction before he ever threw the ball. There was nobody in red within 10 yards. After that it was downhill.
    The first INT happened because David Johnson apparently thought his route tree was an option/stick of out of his nasty split. He chose to run a flat/out and squat. But obviously it wasn't an option route, because Palmer released the ball before the break, expecting Johnson to run a stick/slant inside of that defender. It was either Palmer not remembering the play he just called (unlikely) or Johnson hearing the play wrong (most likely.)

    The second INT was a result of poor footwork by Palmer as he was climbing the pocket. He sailed it.

    The third INT was an imperfect (but certainly catchable) ball that bounced off Ellington.

    Palmer played poorly. He was skipping easy and open outs, his footwork was dicey, and he appeared to be feeling ghost pressure (which is unlike him.) But most likely, two of the INT's were not his fault.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 09-13-2017 at 01:35 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    The first INT happened because David Johnson apparently thought his route tree was an option/stick of out of his nasty split. He chose to run a flat/out and squat. But obviously it wasn't an option route, because Palmer released the ball before the break, expecting Johnson to run a stick/slant inside of that defender. It was either Palmer not remembering the play he just called (unlikely) or Johnson hearing the play wrong (most likely.)

    The second INT was a result of poor footwork by Palmer as he was climbing the pocket. He sailed it.

    The third INT was an imperfect (but certainly catchable) ball that bounced off Ellington.

    Palmer played poorly. He was skipping easy and open outs, his footwork was dicey, and he appeared to be feeling ghost pressure (which is unlike him.) But most likely, two of the INT's were not his fault.
    OK...but I disagree on the int off Ellington. That I would put on Palmer. Either way, it's different than Palmer being overly cautious/careful.

    I haven't had a chance to see all22, but hope to today.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •