Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We will know by the bye week what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Where were you after the Lions destroyed the Cards.

Still thinking the Lions are "lucky"?

Was there any volatility or variance in the game you think decided it?
    He will respond with a bunch of if's.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    No he will look up some words on google that have zero meaning or relevance to football like variance.

He didn't rear his head until well after the loss. Either the internet went out in his Virginia trailer or he felt rightful shame.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Where were you after the Lions destroyed the Cards.

Still thinking the Lions are "lucky"?

Was there any volatility or variance in the game you think decided it?
    Lions outplayed Arizona, Stafford was great while Palmer played poorly, Arizona failed to put Detroit away in the first half when the Lions were giving them chance after chance, and losing Humphries and David Johnson didn't help.

Pretty obvious what happened.

And yes, I still think the 2016 Detroit Lions were incredibly lucky.

As for random variance, to appease you two simpletons--- nothing out of the ordinary. Johnson fumbled twice, losing one. Had Arizona recovered both, or had Detroit recovered both, that would have been lucky either way, but 1 and 1 is the most likely result. Dawson missing a 32 yard FG and Prater hitting a 58-yarder was certainly out of the ordinary, but had little effect on the ultimate outcome.

But sure, I'll play along to show your feeble mind how much random variance can matter.

Dawson makes the 32-yarder and Arizona leads at the half 13-6. Williams' TD puts them up 20-6. Arizona gets a lucky bounce and recovers the Johnson fumble, continuing the drive, which likely ends the 3rd quarter.

Based on nothing more than "luck," what was a 17-15 Cardinals lead to start the 4th is now 20-6 with Arizona possessing the ball, likely near midfield or on the Detroit side.

Much different game at that point, right?

Whether you want to believe it or not, luck and random bounces play a HUGE role in the NFL.

But Detroit deserved to win. Bottom line.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 09-12-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anAlypticOutlaw View Post
    Goof post, OP.

My personal understanding is that Stanton is more of Bruce Arians' in-jersey coach / game-manager than the actual second-string QB. I believe generally, the franchise, as well as, the fan base sees a potential franchise-quarterback in BG. Therefore, I would hope and wouldn't be surprise if they gave BG the reins, especially, since he is in a contract-year if Carson Palmer goes down.

It's hard for me to imagine BA benching CP in his last year. But, it is a business and a good coach should not play favorites; so if Carson's poor play continues, I hope he would.
    If CP mans up about poor execution, he either fixes the problem or tells the HC, "Fire me." If the former conversation happens, it will be done in private and I think BA would accept the self-demotion and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Lions outplayed Arizona, Stafford was great while Palmer played poorly, Arizona failed to put Detroit away in the first half when the Lions were giving them chance after chance, and losing Humphries and David Johnson didn't help.

As for random variance, to appease you two simpletons--- nothing out of the ordinary. Johnson fumbled twice, losing one. Had Arizona recovered both, or had Detroit recovered both, that would have been lucky either way, but 1 and 1 is the most likely result. Dawson missing a 32 yard FG and Prater hitting a 58-yarder was certainly out of the ordinary, but had little effect on the ultimate outcome.

But sure, I'll play along to show your feeble mind how much random variance can matter.

Dawson makes the 32-yarder and Arizona leads at the half 13-6. Williams' TD puts them up 20-6. Arizona gets a lucky bounce and recovers the Johnson fumble, continuing the drive, which likely ends the 3rd quarter.

Based on nothing more than "luck," what was a 17-15 Cardinals lead to start the 4th is now 20-6 with Arizona possessing the ball, likely near midfield or on the Detroit side.

Whether you want to believe it or not, luck and random bounces play a HUGE role in the NFL.

He just wont let go mike.

Look at him breaking it down. Based on how he summarized the game the Cards should win every game If this happens, or that happens. I have no idea what planet this guy lives on. I guess Virginia is pretty close to a planet.

Mike do you know if Tom Brady was off by one percent he'd be the worst QB in the history of football.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Maybe the NFL should start handing out participation trophies.... Then the losses don't seem like losses and we win too....

He just wont let go mike.

Look at him breaking it down. Based on how he summarized the game the Cards should win every game If this happens, or that happens. I have no idea what planet this guy lives on. I guess Virginia is pretty close to a planet.

Mike do you know if Tom Brady was off by one percent he'd be the worst QB in the history of football.
    Apparently you don't know how to read, which shouldn't surprise me since my 2-year-old knows more about football than you do. And you realize your only friend on this board is a Cowboys fan, right? Or that you think I live in the wrong state, so you are clueless in geography, too.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 09-12-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Sad to say were 1 week into the season and it looks bad for the cardinals. David Johnson is the main offense and with him out our offense won't be able to do much.Palmer has hit his wall. the best thing to do is tank the season and get one of the QB'S in next years draft.Every year everyone says wait until next year to draft a QB. Well we waited too long and now Palmer isn't playing like he use to. if the Cards don't tank the season they are just wasting a draft position to pick a good QB. If that happens the Cards only option would be to trade up to get their QB. As for the Cards record at bye week. I'm going to go 2-6. The Colts without Luck are horrible. Should be a win. The other winnable game is with the 49ers, who will probably be drafting a QB in next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawks4ever View Post
    The Cards could start Ryan Lindley and still beat Indy. Without Luck, the Colts are hands down the worst team right now. Worse than the Jets
    Too soon
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post

Detroit outplayed us on both sides of the ball. On the fumbles I don't see this as pure luck. Palmer threw the pass that Johnson got hurt on into triple coverage. Sometimes QB's throw players into taking shots they shouldn't take. That was one of them. The great catch and hit was a result of throwing him into the coverage. Granted that happens all the time in the NFL but it certainly was an interesting read by Palmer and the resulting fumble was a result of a throw that needed a great catch and was coupled with putting the receiver in a defenseless position. That's not all luck when you're talking about a veteran QB. When you throw into triple coverage and put a ball up where your receive needs to lay out to make a catch lots of bad things can happen, including INT's and fumbles not to mention injuries.