Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How about calling New Orleans and trading for Peterson?

This is a joke of a signing and reeks of the Rod Graves era.

sounds so exciting Adrian Peterson!!!!!

I would also have been......7 years ago.

It's a deflection away from the real issues and failures of this team.....the Oline.

AP will suck real bad here. At least CJ could block!!

And to compare this signing with KW is a joke. QB's last well into the mid thirties. Not washed up running backs playing behind a horrible Oline.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by PLCF View Post
    1. Your definition of emotional control is inane. A parent can be angry, in control, and capable of administering effective punishment that effectively instills discipline in the child.

2. Anger is not, by definition, out of control. See: a dictionary. Anger and discipline are not mutually exclusive, and if they are to any individual it is a mark of immaturity.

You either made a mistake in conveying your thoughts, or my point stands. Your quote looks, to any reader, like you are saying the child is being taught abuse is good and that he might abuse his own future children.
    No, no, no.

AP was not in control and I have yet to see an angry parent discipline a child corporately correctly yet. In this case it didn't happen so please provide your burden of proof.

Couldn't careless what a modern dictionary says about anger. Measured responses don't involve anger sorry.

And again no. You said that future child will be abused in your response. I said "might" for a reason. As in it could happen.

Sorry to see you are on the wrong side defending AP but the police, state of Texas, and the NFL saw it way differently.
    Last edited by native az; 10-11-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    This is a joke of a signing and reeks of the Rod Graves era.

sounds so exciting Adrian Peterson!!!!!

I would also have been......7 years ago.

It's a deflection away from the real issues and failures of this team.....the Oline.

AP will suck real bad here. At least CJ could block!!

And to compare this signing with KW is a joke. QB's last well into the mid thirties. Not washed up running backs playing behind a horrible Oline.

In case your last sentence refers to the analogy I made earlier, once again it wasn't about the two players being equivalent, it was a criticism of jumping to conclusions. Sometimes rent a players turn out to be more than intended, like KW did, sometimes they are more hype than help because of past performances like Emmett Smith turned out to be. I understand your skepticism as well as others optimism......because we don't know how this is going to workout until we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    [/B]

In case your last sentence refers to the analogy I made earlier, once again it wasn't about the two players being equivalent, it was a criticism of jumping to conclusions. Sometimes rent a players turn out to be more than intended, like KW did, sometimes they are more hype than help because of past performances like Emmett Smith turned out to be. I understand your skepticism as well as others optimism......because we don't know how this is going to workout until we know.
    You're point well taken but AP will do nothing here.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    You're point well taken but AP will do nothing here.
    Yours as well......we shall see. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens sunday so for now I'll give them credit for that much (lol!).

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    <sigh> The future is still the future and no one can see it till it happens.
    >The Championship Game<
    ^This Predicted the future of this not ready for bright lights combo Coach and QB..
    Next up....Rubs crystal ball...................BG still sucks,,,,,,BAD
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

It is pure desperation but hey!! It is a superstar name so it keeps the casual fans engaged so I can see the move simply for that reason. Football heads know that this trade does nothing to improve the Cardinals, heck it might make them worse given AP's lack of blocking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    It is pure desperation but hey!! It is a superstar name so it keeps the casual fans engaged so I can see the move simply for that reason. Football heads know that this trade does nothing to improve the Cardinals, heck it might make them worse given AP's lack of blocking ability.
    Cowboy fan makes a good point! Just saying

I'm thinking about what this signing really does for us. On the margin it probably does improve our running game. It might inject a little enthusiasm in the team for a short burst. Does it make us a playoff team? I really don't think so.

The reality is AP is older than the guy he replaced. He does nothing to help evaluate what guys who aren't playing should be here as part of the rebuild. What SK and Arians should really be thinking about is Gabbert, NK, Baker, Williams, what position should Reddick play in the future. It's time to play all the young guys and really evaluate who we keep and who we dump.

Reality is Philadelphia, Detroit and the Cowboys destroyed us in almost every phase of the game. This is a bad team on D, on O and on special teams. It's also an old team. Time to see who is part of the future and sit everyone who isn't. What we gave up for AP doesn't seem like a lot until you're in the draft room and you want to move up a couple of spots in the third or 4th round. It could be the difference in the next David Johnson or the next guy blocking a defender in the back on a 74 yard punt return.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    This!
    "It's OUR Time"