Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 217

Thread: How about calling New Orleans and trading for Peterson?

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    It is pure desperation but hey!! It is a superstar name so it keeps the casual fans engaged so I can see the move simply for that reason. Football heads know that this trade does nothing to improve the Cardinals, heck it might make them worse given AP's lack of blocking ability.
    pretty well my point.

    Reeks of the rod Graves era of signing the "big name".

    Why would Keim do it? Take off some heat for lack of oline.

    Keim is known for always bringing in guys to "improve the team".

    This IMO actually brings it back a little. IF you noticed against the Eagles. CJ was literally lauching himself at pass rushers.

    CJ is better then AP at this point. AP says he can play "another 4-5 years" . He's delusional.
    He'll be out of football after this short stint with the cards.
    season ticket holder

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    No, no, no.

    AP was not in control and I have yet to see an angry parent discipline a child corporately correctly yet. In this case it didn't happen so please provide your burden of proof.

    Couldn't careless what a modern dictionary says about anger. Measured responses don't involve anger sorry.
    You are not omniscient, and are not present at every administering of every corporal punishment that has happened, is happening, or will happen. You speak from ridiculously limited experience, experience that is directly contradicted by that of many other human beings. Also, because of prejudicial bias you are prone to automatically assuming any case that would disprove your previously conceived notions must be wrong.

    Anger does not, has not, and will never automatically preclude effective responses on the part of a mature adult. The only people to whom anger always equates to being out of control are immature, and a liability to those around them. If you continue to insist on the nonsense you've argued, then that description includes you. Otherwise you can simply admit you are wrong. Should it be the former may it weigh heavily on your conscious to such a degree that you should seek personal improvement, should it be the latter congratulations on achieving personal growth.

    And again no. You said that future child will be abused in your response. I said "might" for a reason. As in it could happen.

    Sorry to see you are on the wrong side defending AP but the police, state of Texas, and the NFL saw it way differently.
    The only reason to include "might" is to mention it as a significant possibility, otherwise your statement is utterly inconsequential and you had no reason to write it in the first place.

    I couldn't care less about Peterson, for what it's worth. You're barking up the wrong tree when you invoke his name.

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLCF View Post
    You are not omniscient, and are not present at every administering of every corporal punishment that has happened, is happening, or will happen. You speak from ridiculously limited experience, experience that is directly contradicted by that of many other human beings. Also, because of prejudicial bias you are prone to automatically assuming any case that would disprove your previously conceived notions must be wrong.

    Anger does not, has not, and will never automatically preclude effective responses on the part of a mature adult. The only people to whom anger always equates to being out of control are immature, and a liability to those around them. If you continue to insist on the nonsense you've argued, then that description includes you. Otherwise you can simply admit you are wrong. Should it be the former may it weigh heavily on your conscious to such a degree that you should seek personal improvement, should it be the latter congratulations on achieving personal growth.



    The only reason to include "might" is to mention it as a significant possibility, otherwise your statement is utterly inconsequential and you had no reason to write it in the first place.

    I couldn't care less about Peterson, for what it's worth. You're barking up the wrong tree when you invoke his name.
    So lets ignore that AP was actually indicted for child abuse and suspended for a year after the NFL looked at the evidence. Having children our of wedlock with multiple women isn't exactly self control either. Leaving one of your children with a women who is living with a man who beats your child to death isn't exactly good parenting either. AP had the legal power to plea his indictment down a notch, he probably could have gotten custody if he actual cared about his other kids welfare.

    Whipping a 4 year old 20 times with a tree branch to a point where welts are all over their body including genitals isn't controlled anger. It's pure and simple child abuse. FYI AP didn't call it a switch when he talked to the Police, he called it a tree branch. Some people call smacking their wives for getting out of hand corporal punishment. What exactly is corporal punishment? A spank, a beating with a strap or a switch, a punch to the face? What is the age appropriate for it? Spanking a child once or twice to make a point even if it's in anger isn't going to do damage. Beating them is and it's a reflection on the parents psychosis and lack of control.
    Last edited by Biggs; 10-12-2017 at 10:52 AM.

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Dunno if this article was posted already but yeah I have heard this before lol

    Adrian Peterson says his prayers were answered with trade to Arizona

    “I have so much left,” Peterson said. “I look to play at least four to five more years, God willing. I have a lot left in the tank. Stay tuned and you guys will be able to see that first-hand.”

    Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Peterson is “a violent runner who still has it. He’s not 22 anymore, but he still pours it up in there and is very exciting.”

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adrian-...144709479.html

    At least he didnt say "You got a winner in town"

    RIP Buddy Ryan...

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So lets ignore that AP was actually indicted for child abuse and suspended for a year after the NFL looked at the evidence. Having children our of wedlock with multiple women isn't exactly self control either. Leaving one of your children with a women who is living with a man who beats your child to death isn't exactly good parenting either. AP had the legal power to plea his indictment down a notch, he probably could have gotten custody if he actual cared about his other kids welfare.

    Whipping a 4 year old 20 times with a tree branch to a point where welts are all over their body including genitals isn't controlled anger. It's pure and simple child abuse. FYI AP didn't call it a switch when he talked to the Police, he called it a tree branch. Some people call smacking their wives for getting out of hand corporal punishment. What exactly is corporal punishment? A spank, a beating with a strap or a switch, a punch to the face? What is the age appropriate for it? Spanking a child once or twice to make a point even if it's in anger isn't going to do damage. Beating them is and it's a reflection on the parents psychosis and lack of control.
    But you weren't there............how do you know he was angry?

    The hoops on this board some jump through to justify wife and child abusers is simply incredible.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLCF View Post
    I couldn't care less about Peterson, for what it's worth. You're barking up the wrong tree when you invoke his name.
    You are truly disconnected from reality with a statement like this.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So lets ignore that AP was actually indicted for child abuse and suspended for a year after the NFL looked at the evidence. Having children our of wedlock with multiple women isn't exactly self control either. Leaving one of your children with a women who is living with a man who beats your child to death isn't exactly good parenting either. AP had the legal power to plea his indictment down a notch, he probably could have gotten custody if he actual cared about his other kids welfare.

    Whipping a 4 year old 20 times with a tree branch to a point where welts are all over their body including genitals isn't controlled anger. It's pure and simple child abuse. FYI AP didn't call it a switch when he talked to the Police, he called it a tree branch. Some people call smacking their wives for getting out of hand corporal punishment. What exactly is corporal punishment? A spank, a beating with a strap or a switch, a punch to the face? What is the age appropriate for it? Spanking a child once or twice to make a point even if it's in anger isn't going to do damage. Beating them is and it's a reflection on the parents psychosis and lack of control.
    AP was found wrong and was wrong in what he did. We've evolved as people to recognize we don't need to hit children anymore.

    This PLCF , I've read his posts and it's just a lot of psycho-babble. He doesn't really say anything but throw a lot of words out there.
    Last edited by AriS.; 10-12-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    season ticket holder

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    But you weren't there............how do you know he was angry?

    The hoops on this board some jump through to justify wife and child abusers is simply incredible.
    If he wasn't angry, he's simply a sociopath who abuses children. I'll concede that's very possible.

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    AP was found wrong and was wrong in what he did. We've evolved as people to recognize we don't need to hit children anymore.

    This PLCF , I've read his posts and it's just a lot of psycho-babble. He doesn't really say anything but throw a lot of words out there.
    Based on this thread, apparently we haven't.

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,519

    Default

    Anyway. I just want to see if he can provide that spark to make em take off. After all, they went after AP after the Dallas game so its not like they just woke up and decided to call NO so........... we will see.
    "It's OUR Time"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •