Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals re-sign Chris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Just who out there us better than CJ right now ? Williams ? He is pretty much done and is older than CJ. The rest haven't really done anything except for maybe having one decent year. CJ isn't DJ, but he can still lug the ball and help keep defenses somewhat honest. He might not be the runner he was 4 years ago but he can still break and occasional run for 30 to 40 yards. He also is a heck of a lot better runner even at his age than AE. Mr. lets find a hole because I'm going to get hit.
    As many people have mentioned a few times there are guys like Matt Jones and Jonathan Williams. Broncos who seem to have a good eye for RB talent chose to pay Williams $22k a week to outbid other teams to have him around.

I absolutely think the OP has a point saying the Cards value knowing the system (see Drew Stanton) over talent in some cases.

I am not excited about the Chris Johnson signing either. Anyone who is excited is literally banking on the first half of the season in 2015. He is two years older and two season injuries older than that Chris you all are excited about. I hope he comes in and does well. If he totes the rock often, good chance he doesnt even survive the season without going to IR.

He didn't make the team out of camp and people around here applauded it. I don't see a difference he can make now as he is still rolling on the same tired legs. Age is undefeated
    Last edited by monsterike; 09-13-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Just who out there us better than CJ right now ? Williams ? He is pretty much done and is older than CJ. The rest haven't really done anything except for maybe having one decent year. CJ isn't DJ, but he can still lug the ball and help keep defenses somewhat honest. He might not be the runner he was 4 years ago but he can still break and occasional run for 30 to 40 yards. He also is a heck of a lot better runner even at his age than AE. Mr. lets find a hole because I'm going to get hit.
    Jonathon Williams is 23 and Matt Jones is 24. Both have shown the potential to be every down backs and Jones would be a very complimentary "power back" to DJ once he was healthy.

CJ is a shell of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Joseph is the Cards goodwill police.

Any perceived insult will be dealt with by Officer Joseph.

Mama is real proud of him.
    LOL.. So true

He'll make a nice third down back. I still believe Kerwin Williams and eventually TJ Logan get a majority of the carries and should because of their speed.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I thought it was a straightforward simple question. You are the one who posted this: . Which seems to question this re-signing. Are you questioning this resigning?

JosEPh
    You asked if the purpose of my post was to question the resigning, I already answered:

Huh? The purpose of this thread was to report Cardinals resigned Chris Johnson.
    Seems like you are hung up on this. So to re-answer it, the purpose of this post was to simply post that Cardinals officially resigned CJ. Now to answer your second question, Im not surprised they resigned him because he knows the system, yet we saw in pres-season his talent level was far less than previously. Do I have an issue with the resigning? No clue, have to see how they use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    You asked if the purpose of my post was to question the resigning, I already answered:

Seems like you are hung up on this. So to re-answer it, the purpose of this post was to simply post that Cardinals officially resigned CJ. Now to answer your second question, Im not surprised they resigned him because he knows the system, yet we saw in pres-season his talent level was far less than previously. Do I have an issue with the resigning? No clue, have to see how they use him.
    You left out what I quoted in red but you finally gave a straight answer. Thanks.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Jonathon Williams is 23 and Matt Jones is 24. Both have shown the potential to be every down backs and Jones would be a very complimentary "power back" to DJ once he was healthy.

CJ is a shell of his former self.
    Matt Jones is not an every down back. I'd be surprised if he ever starts another game in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    Matt Jones is not an every down back. I'd be surprised if he ever starts another game in the NFL.
    You think Chris Johnson is going to be our every down back?

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    You left out what I quoted in red but you finally gave a straight answer. Thanks.

JosEPh
    Perhaps you should take a minute and re-read your own replies:

You said:
    "If this was the purpose of your thread why not say so in the OP?"

I replied:
    "Huh? The purpose of this thread was to report Cardinals resigned Chris Johnson"

So I answered your original question, it wasnt the purpose of my thread. I dont know how you could misunderstand that or that it mattered if I put it in my original post or not. If I said it was a bad signing then what? It doesnt change the purpose of my original post nor does it matter.