Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer practicing on scheduled off day

Default Carson Palmer practicing on scheduled off day

Not sure if Carson has chosen to practice or if coaching staff was not happy and everyone is practicing.

Fact is, can't hurt and its a good sign.

No link, this is via two reports on the radio. I am sure it is on twitter as well.

Personally, I don't think Palmer has been thrilled with all the days off. He's voiced the company line and done as he was told. This worked at the end of last year (I still think some of the early issues were more on the non-performance of M. Floyd and other receivers).

Palmer is a perfectionist, and has probably watched the film of the game numerous times. With new players coming in, and obviously a change in play planning because of DJ's injury, I would be SHOCKED if he did take today off unless they chained him to his locker.

PS - Iupati didn't practice - hope Boone is in there and learns quickly. I don't see Iupati lasting the season or if he does, Palmer will be dead meat.

Carson flat out said he loves to practice so I agree. Something to be said for conserving arm, but if we don't start well we won't need his arm in second half of season.

The Boone signing could end up being huge for us.

I was thinking today that maybe the way OTA practices and preseason are going that teams may start using PS Game 4 as the real warm-up, instead of Game 3.

They would still have 10 days to recoup, but not be working off 2 full weeks of rust.

It's hard to turn things on and off athletically like a light switch at the elite levels. They geared up for ATL like it was a real game, then let all the air out. Clearly they didn't get right for the opener 15 days later.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Now BA says this was scheduled all along. He wasn't happy about the questions so I wonder how true that is. Sched was set two months ago according to him.

Regardless, I am glad the guys were out there working on improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Now BA says this was scheduled all along. He wasn't happy about the questions so I wonder how true that is. Sched was set two months ago according to him.

Regardless, I am glad the guys were out there working on improving.
    Bruce is lying. His you know what is responsible for how they come out.
    "It's OUR Time"

BA responded angrily in a news conference yesterday re: Larry and CP practicing on a Wednesday.

Cool Uncle is turning into angry Grandpa real fast.

This will get real interesting if the team rolls over again this year. Might be another Rex Ryan situation.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    BA responded angrily in a news conference yesterday re: Larry and CP practicing on a Wednesday.

Cool Uncle is turning into angry Grandpa real fast.

This will get real interesting if the team rolls over again this year. Might be another Rex Ryan situation.
    Dang I just heard it on the radio. He lost his cool. He's not used to media asking "challenging" questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Not sure if Carson has chosen to practice or if coaching staff was not happy and everyone is practicing.

Fact is, can't hurt and its a good sign.

No link, this is via two reports on the radio. I am sure it is on twitter as well.
    The flip side of this good news is it takes practice time away from Gabbert. If Palmer is in fact done we might want Gabbert to have that practice time. I would hate to have our QB of the future or not on the team and not find out in a down year.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    The flip side of this good news is it takes practice time away from Gabbert. If Palmer is in fact done we might want Gabbert to have that practice time. I would hate to have our QB of the future or not on the team and not find out in a down year.
    No worries. We're heading towards seeing what we got in Gabbert this year.
    season ticket holder