Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Arizona Cardinals Next Head Coach Candidates thread ***

Default *** Arizona Cardinals Next Head Coach Candidates thread ***

This is not an anti-BA thread. Its simply the acknowledgement that BA might retire very soon. His health issues + not wanting to rebuild after CP/Fitz retire, I could easily see BA ride off in the next 2 years.

With that said....let us speculate about the future. No particular order unless specified:

Jim Harbaugh. Michigan Wolverines, formerly 9ers. Terrific coach no matter how you cut it. Innovator. Modern. He adjusts his systems to his players (unlike BA who forces players into his system). He burnt out in San Fran because their owner is a *****. It had nothing to do with Jim. Jim is a great HC. We'd be very lucky and competitive to have him.

Mike Vrabel. Texans DC. Former LB. Very old school tough guy. I think he risks being too abrasive, because honestly NFL players are soft nowadays. But if you want a mans man in charge, hes the best option to command a team. Has produced some very good Texans defenses and helped guide Watt into being the monster he is now.

Todd Downing. Raiders OC. The young guy option. We see more and more across all sports the hiring of younger and younger head coaches. Downing is 37, which is very young for an NFL HC, but not too young, so it works. He has done a brilliant job with Carr and building the Raiders offense. I like Downing because what he did in Oakland is exactly what we will need in AZ. A guy to build a young offense with a new QB, new WRs, new Oline.

Jon Gruden. ESPN Analyst. Former SB winning HC. The ole regular. Itll never happen. Teams knock on his door every year. He is a good coach. Huge personality so he connects well with players. Outstanding talent evaluator which would help with a young rebuilding team.

Chris Peterson. Washington Huskies HC. 2nd choice for the College hire. He runs a pro system and has churned out many terrific pros. He knows how to cultivate young talent which (again) is a huge need for our future when we have a team of mostly youngins.
    Last edited by Zaz; 09-19-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    This is not an anti-BA thread. Its simply the acknowledgement that BA might retire very soon. His health issues + not wanting to rebuild after CP/Fitz retire, I could easily see BA ride off in the next 2 years.

With that said....let us speculate about the future. No particular order unless specified:

Jim Harbaugh. Michigan Wolverines, formerly 9ers. Terrific coach no matter how you cut it. Innovator. Modern. He adjusts his systems to his players (unlike BA who forces players into his system). He burnt out in San Fran because their owner is a *****. It had nothing to do with Jim. Jim is a great HC. We'd be very lucky and competitive to have him.

Mike Vrabel. Texans DC. Former LB. Very old school tough guy. I think he risks being too abrasive, because honestly NFL players are soft nowadays. But if you want a mans man in charge, hes the best option to command a team. Has produced some very good Texans defenses and helped guide Watt into being the monster he is now.

Todd Downing. Raiders OC. The young guy option. We see more and more across all sports the hiring of younger and younger head coaches. Downing is 37, which is very young for an NFL HC, but not too young, so it works. He has done a brilliant job with Carr and building the Raiders offense. I like Downing because what he did in Oakland is exactly what we will need in AZ. A guy to build a young offense with a new QB, new WRs, new Oline.

Jon Gruden. ESPN Analyst. Former SB winning HC. The ole regular. Itll never happen. Teams knock on his door every year. He is a good coach. Huge personality so he connects well with players. Outstanding talent evaluator which would help with a young rebuilding team.

Chris Peterson. Washington Huskies HC. 2nd choice for the College hire. He runs a pro system and has churned out many terrific pros. He knows how to cultivate young talent which (again) is a huge need for our future when we have a team of mostly youngins.
    I would assume Todd Bowles would be at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Any time you wanna be realistic come back and talk thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    I would assume Todd Bowles would be at the top of the list.
    We agree on something. Bowles should be #1 on the list to replace BA. Fate has it going down as early as next season.

As for the original post
    Gruden and Harbaugh are not leaving their cushy jobs for an Arizona team that has no QB of the future on the roster. Sorry but Blaine is not doing it for those two. I think Gruden has said the only QB he would come back for is Luck, I could be wrong but I heard it mentioned somewhere.
    Last edited by monsterike; 09-19-2017 at 05:04 PM.

I like Bowles, but why should he be at the top of the list? Because he was the DC here for 2 years? His current HC’ing job isn’t going too well so far.

Todd Downing does seem like a intriguing hire.

Harbaugh and Gruden aren't going anywhere.

I would love David Shaw but I don't think he will come to an NFL team without a QB. Plus I think Indy will be going after him when the season is over.
    Last edited by native az; 09-19-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    I like Bowles, but why should he be at the top of the list? Because he was the DC here for 2 years? His current HC’ing job isn’t going too well so far.

Todd Downing does seem like a intriguing hire.
    Arizona would give Bowles the support that he isn't getting in New York. That Jets organization is bad, I'm talking Cleveland bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    I like Bowles, but why should he be at the top of the list? Because he was the DC here for 2 years?
    Precisely.

And players like Peterson, Mathieu, Dansby, Bucannon, Bethel, and Rucker are familiar with his scheme. And it is the defense that will need to carry this team as it transitions to a new QB.

Vrabel is a candidate I would say. A good DC in Houston, up and coming coach. Gruden probably remains in the booth for a while and will get the itch again but will choose a high profile type gig, eg: New York or Washington probably east coast because LA isn't high profile in NFL. I don't see Harbaugh leaving college ball at Michigan to go to Cards. He would need to take the Browns to the Super Bowl as a challenge even if his wife didn't want to go to Cleveland.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 09-19-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    Vrabel is a candidate I would say. A good DC in Houston, up and coming coach. Gruden probably remains in the booth for a while and will get the itch again but will choose a high profile type gig, eg: New York or Washington probably east coast because LA isn't high profile in NFL. I don't see Harbaugh leaving college ball at Michigan to go to Cards. He would need to take the Browns to the Super Bowl as a challenge even if his wife didn't want to go to Cleveland.
    winning the cards a SB is not enough Challenge?? don`t look now but its the Biggest Challenge in the history of sports
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock