Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: *** Arizona Cardinals Next Head Coach Candidates thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    You don't know that. Penn St had their way with Michigan. Michigan is also likely to lose to Ohio St too. Wouldn't surprise me if they start talking about getting rid of Harbaugh or force him out.
    Even if Harbaugh wants to come back to the NFL, why would he come here? Harbaugh might be able to get either the Giants or the Bears job. Both would be much more attractive to his family and both are high profile jobs equivalent to the SF job. The Bears job comes with a very good D and a good young QB to build around. The Giants job comes with NYC and great ownership both something he and his wife are likely to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    MS, thanks for posting the data. Even if BA ekes ahead of KW by a win, which I consider unlikely after CP's broken arm, until BA delivers ARI to a SB he'll play second fiddle to KW in my mind.

CC, my comment "ok" regarding BA as HC is a positive, with reservation. There are plenty threads discussing BA's coaching attributes.
    Both Bruce and Ken pulled a Bob Brenley except for the fact that Brenley won the World Series. Inherited a talented team and created enough excitement that they played above their pay grade for a short period of time but proved unable to develop players and coaches in the following seasons to SUSTAIN that success.

Actually in Brenley's case all he did was loosen the screws on a very tightly wound Buck Showalter run team. The guy was even inspecting the players unis pre practice to make sure everyone was dressed according to his standards.

I for one loved the 2015 season but would have been happier with a gradual build up of wins and player/coach development that lasts more than one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Even if Harbaugh wants to come back to the NFL, why would he come here? Harbaugh might be able to get either the Giants or the Bears job. Both would be much more attractive to his family and both are high profile jobs equivalent to the SF job. The Bears job comes with a very good D and a good young QB to build around. The Giants job comes with NYC and great ownership both something he and his wife are likely to appreciate.
    John Fox is getting it together in Chicago and is a good coach fact is he is one of my choices for here don't think the bears will make a change there though but if they do. Why did Harbaugh take the 49er job ? it was a dumpster fire there when he took over. Arizona believe it or not is very popular with people from the Mid West. I wonder why lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    For him to leave it's gonna be up to Harbaugh period and the team hiring him. He will be very well paid and the team would have to pay the 1.1 million buy out not much if you truly want the guy. Actually I think it is less now to buy out the contract that 1.1 million was the buyout cost in 2016. When asked Harbaugh if he was gonna leave Michigan for the NFL he said no that is coming out of the enemies camp to hurt him in his recruiting but followed that up with that is what he likes about the nfl there is no recruiting when it's your turn to pick you make the pick. The 5th year of his contract the university has the right to review his performance and can get out of the contract without having to pay him. Don't sound all that secure to me.
    He is in the third year of his contract though not his fifth. His first two seasons at Michigan he has gone 10-3. Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean it will. Cardinals ain't buying out anybody. Hell BA wasn't even their first choice as HC. Our FO is way to conservative for that. People are going to be mighty disappointed at the beginning of next year if they think Khakis are going to be on our sideline.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    No need to crush his feelings with that comment. Some people think we are an upper echelon team historically, we aren't.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

My top choice would be Davis Shaw from Stanford. He always seems to get the most out of his players. It's not easy getting into Stanford, and their are a lot of high school players he cant go after because of Stanford's academic standards. He also has won with Luck as his QB and also with a ground and pound offense. So he is versatile in his offense philosophy. They also usually have a strong defense. He would be my first choice. Just not sure he would consider leaving Stanford.

Thumbs up Hire Jon Gruden.

I believe if they offered enough $$$$$$ Gruden would take it. He would be wanting to prove that he can take this HC failure and turn it into a winner. I would also like to see Todd Bowels on the sidelines again.
    We need a QB of the future NOW!

Harbaugh cometh!!

The more I watch hapless BA and his "my way or the highway" mentality, the more I respect Harbaugh. Jim builds an offensive system that complements his players strengths. Thats how he turned Kaepernick into a superbowl caliber QB. He doesnt force guys into "his" rigid system.

Especially now that we will be rebuilding and bringing in a new, young drafted QB, Harbaugh is the perfect guy to grow and mold him.