Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Arizona Cardinals Next Head Coach Candidates thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    I would assume Todd Bowles would be at the top of the list.
    This is a move I could get behind.

I know someone on the Jets staff and I know Bowles is thought of very highly in these parts. From players, to GM to owner he has some fans here.

He has a horrific team talent wise. If he kept someone from the current staff to run Offense (a little more adaptable) then we could possibly have something.

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Gruden is a pipe dream although I would be for that as well.

I like OC Jim Bob Cooter of the Lions. He appears to make good adjustments I like his adaptability. He is young 33 I think which seems to the trend in the league.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

Precisely.

And players like Peterson, Mathieu, Dansby, Bucannon, Bethel, and Rucker are familiar with his scheme. And it is the defense that will need to carry this team as it transitions to a new QB.
    You're assuming all those players will be back next season? Highly likely Dansby, Bethel and Rucker won't be around.

I know it's a long shot but my #1 by a large margin would be Jim Harbaugh. Obviously the current QBOF situation is not appealing to make him leave UM but what if we have a top 5-10 draft pick and/or there's an available NFL QB that he likes. We have pieces to build a team around (DJ, PP, HB, Jones, Golden, Reddick, Baker) and he'd have the chance to shove it down SF/Jed York's throat every year.

Not likely to happen but you never know what Harbaugh will do lol
    Rob Housler (Florida Atlantic) over Justin Houston (Georgia)

I would assume Todd Bowles would be at the top of the list.
    As someone else pointed out, Why?

I like the guy. I also like Ray Horton. But that doesnt mean they are good HC material. Bowles in particular I dont feel has the commander quality it takes to be a HC. Hes too soft spoken for his own good. Terrific DC. Id hire him as a DC in a heart beat. But your HC needs to be the personality of your team. Even if Todd had a QB in NY, I dont think hed be terribly successful. You need emotion in your HC. *Bill excluded

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Any time you wanna be realistic come back and talk thanks
    A+ input as usual. *** *****

HA! thats hilarious, the forum recognized my acronym and blocked it. lolol. Apparently youve been called it many times before so they registered it. Cant be mad at that

Quote Originally Posted by vwvectors View Post
    I like OC Jim Bob Cooter of the Lions. He appears to make good adjustments I like his adaptability. He is young 33 I think which seems to the trend in the league.
    I disagree. I feel Jim Bob has under performed as an OC given he has a very good QB and plenty of weapons. I look at the Lions offense and on paper they should be lighting up the scoreboard.
    Last edited by Zaz; 09-19-2017 at 11:51 PM.

There is a name I often wonder why doesn't get linked with more HC jobs each January onwards.

Matt Patricia, the Pats DC

I think someone will give him a go. From the outside it seems BB gives him total control of the D. And as WV says, the D will be the block that the next coach uses to build from.
    I'm not against Bowles, but wouldn't rule out Patricia at the same time.
    There is a bit of a knock against ex BB coordinators, so maybe he isn't in the frame?

And as we are mentioning ex Cards Coordinators. And to prove it is a business, and people get past previous feelings. How about Todd Haley?
    If Bettcher is retained as DC, would bringing in an offensive minded coach to rebuild the offence be a good idea? Bridges may have been burned, but if not would Haley relish the challenge?
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

This is nuts but if I was going to start over I like Mike Leach. I think he has the "It" factor and you bring in Bowles as assistant HC and DC when he gets canned from the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    This is nuts but if I was going to start over I like Mike Leach. I think he has the "It" factor and you bring in Bowles as assistant HC and DC when he gets canned from the Jets.
    I meant Lincoln Riley of OK. Leach is an interesting guy. Unlike Carroll, his scandals in the NCAA came before he got out. Can't see him getting an NFL gig, to much baggage.
    Last edited by Biggs; 09-20-2017 at 06:39 AM.

My first choice would be Peterson from the U of W. Then bring in Bowles as D coordinator. Peterson has been a winner at both Wash and Boise. He has also knocked off some big time schools when he was at Boise. All with Qb that were questionable pro material. I just don't think he want's to leave WAsh. I think that has been his dream job.

Not fond of Bowles as a head coach. Just doesn't have the it factor. Too laid back.

I don't think Harbaugh leaves Mish. At least not for the Cards.

Gruden has a cushy gig. Nice money and doesn't have to put in the hours of a head coach. I don't think he has the itch to coach. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    This is a move I could get behind.

I know someone on the Jets staff and I know Bowles is thought of very highly in these parts. From players, to GM to owner he has some fans here.

He has a horrific team talent wise. If he kept someone from the current staff to run Offense (a little more adaptable) then we could possibly have something.

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Gruden is a pipe dream although I would be for that as well.
    I like todd bowles but I would have my doubts.

If BA got canned I think they could steer away from anybody associated with BA.

If BA retires different story.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I like todd bowles but I would have my doubts.

If BA got canned I think they could steer away from anybody associated with BA.

If BA retires different story.
    BA is not getting fired.

I understand the doubt thing honestly. I just have some inside info that this may not be so far fetched.