Thread: The Way I See It (game 5)

Default The Way I See It (game 5)

Another east coast beat down...who would have guessed.

1. There's a quote in the movie Almost Famous about the fate of Rock N Roll that IMO applies to the BA era..."It's over...OVER...you got here just in time for the death rattle...last gasp...last grope."

Of course they could find a clue, run off 6 or 7 straight Ws and save the season and the coaching staff, but raise your hand if you think that is remotely possible? Fire up that "coaching choices" thread again. I have enjoyed the BA era. Sustained success we had not seen before, but it is what it is. This organization is in need of a rehab.

2. For all of the blame the offense is going to get...and rightfully so...the defense was AWFUL on 3rd down...they could not get off the field even on 3rd and longs early in the game. That's on them and contributed to the hurtin.

3. SK should have walked down to the field and fired Amos Jones during the 1Q. It wouldn't change much, but it would have been a step in the right direction.

4. PP21 was volcanic on the sideline after the long TD pass given up on 3 & 17. Good to see...one of my critiques of PP21 is he's a little too glamorous to truly lead. He needs to get dirty because there is no edge on this team for the most part.

5. Tyvonne Branch seemed to really struggle in the 1st half. Sometimes with DBs it's hard to know how the scheme affected the outcome, but he seemed to be on the wrong end of several plays.

6. CP3 may not wait until the off-season to announce his retirement.

7. Back to item 1 and the needed changes...you can only address so many areas during 1 off-season, but OL has to be first obviously. Hump may be the only starter to return and start...everyone else should either be gone or a backup.

8. Olsen Pierre is starting to flash more consistently.

9. The defense has enough overall talent but needs more edge and toughness. Not bravado, but true nastiness.

10. Earl Watford got right into the groove, giving up a sack early in the game.

11. As if ST haven't already struggle enough, Brewer is out with a broken wrist. Good times.

12. Phil Dawson's career % is taking a beating.

13. You have to start wondering about a couple of important decisions if things keep trending this way. 1. Do you sit CP3 and play BG to see what you have for next year (I would and I am adamantly in the opinion that this isn't his fault). 2. If they are 2-8 do you allow DJ to even come back?
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Mike Jurecki
    7 mins
    Arians w/@PaulCalvisi postgame, "We'll bring three guys in and try to pick one out" re: LS w/Brewer out with broken hand #AZvsPHI
    Arians w/@PaulCalvisi postgame, "I told Bettch to blitz him" re: 3rd-and-19 TD by Wentz; "That's on me"

Quote Originally Posted by maricopa_taco View Post
    Mike Jurecki
    7 mins
    Arians w/@PaulCalvisi postgame, "We'll bring three guys in and try to pick one out" re: LS w/Brewer out with broken hand #AZvsPHI
    Arians w/@PaulCalvisi postgame, "I told Bettch to blitz him" re: 3rd-and-19 TD by Wentz; "That's on me"
    I tend not to question specific play calls on either O or D but that one did get my attention. And, Buddah has to get turned and running about 3 steps sooner and keep the WR underneath him.

1. There's a quote in the movie Almost Famous about the fate of Rock N Roll that IMO applies to the BA era..."It's over...OVER...you got here just in time for the death rattle...last gasp...last grope."

Of course they could find a clue, run off 6 or 7 straight Ws and save the season and the coaching staff, but raise your hand if you think that is remotely possible? Fire up that "coaching choices" thread again. I have enjoyed the BA era. Sustained success we had not seen before, but it is what it is. This organization is in need of a rehab.
    I'm curious to see how The Whisperer's fan club responds to today's rout. The Whisperer is settling into a very Whis-like way about him in year 5. The way this thing is going The Whisperer's record after 5 years won't be too much better than Whis, much worse in the playoffs. Plus the trend in the copycat NFL is to have the young guy in the big chair, the old guy who never got his rightful chance is so.... 2013.

3. SK should have walked down to the field and fired Amos Jones during the 1Q. It wouldn't change much, but it would have been a step in the right direction.
    If he were going to do that he should fire Arians. I can't fault Jones for accepting an offer to stay when he should have been fired. Arians is the guy who dug in, so Arians has clear title to the mess. Jones can chug a bottle of Jack Daniels and eat a Philly cheesesteak on the sidelines and it still falls completely on Arians.

6. CP3 may not wait until the off-season to announce his retirement.
    He's in an impossible spot. He's pretty much consigned to stay in there and take a beating until he gets the blow that ends his season and likely career. The countdown is on.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I'm curious to see how The Whisperer's fan club responds to today's rout. The Whisperer is settling into a very Whis-like way about him in year 5. The way this thing is going The Whisperer's record after 5 years won't be too much better than Whis, much worse in the playoffs. Plus the trend in the copycat NFL is to have the young guy in the big chair, the old guy who never got his rightful chance is so.... 2013.

If he were going to do that he should fire Arians. I can't fault Jones for accepting an offer to stay when he should have been fired. Arians is the guy who dug in, so Arians has clear title to the mess. Jones can chug a bottle of Jack Daniels and eat a Philly cheesesteak on the sidelines and it still falls completely on Arians.

He's in an impossible spot. He's pretty much consigned to stay in there and take a beating until he gets the blow that ends his season and likely career. The countdown is on.
    YOu and I have pretty well been on the same page regarding coach Annos and BAs stubborn insistence on keeping him.

BA is a good coach from many viewpoints and perspectives. But his stubbornness (an old man trait) has become his downfall.

There would have been no way BB and NE keep a coach and punter even after a very successful season much like we had in 2015.

IT's a slap in the face for the fans and a breach of accountability for a franchise that claims it wants to win.
    Last edited by AriS.; 10-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    season ticket holder

the only surprise in this game was CP making it through...everything else was totally predictable (well i really did`nt see ST taking another level down,But with Amos anything is possible )
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

One other thought I almost put in the OP...name a SB winning team where the 2 "best" players are a CB and WR? Fitz clearly has game left but most people wouldn't put him in the top tier WR any longer, but he's still the face of the franchise and PP21 is our best player.

Jerry Rice was probably the best player on the 49ers teams so there's one...

My point is that CB and WR probably aren't positions that translate into W's as much as other positions (though CB has definitely increased in importance in the last 10 years).

If Fitz wants to come back, he better not need $15M per. I'd think long and hard about that type of contract, even on a 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by maricopa_taco View Post
    Mike Jurecki
    7 mins
    bruce is an idiot . Bettcher is still trash.
    "It's OUR Time"