Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to shut it down

Default It's time to shut it down

It was just over a very short year ago that we went into the 2016-17 as perennial favorites to win the Super Bowl.

This franchise had a small window to win with it's important players CP and Fitz near the end.

Do you fans want to be mired in mediocrity ala the Sketon/Kolb/Hall era?

It's time to put ourselves in position to get a very high draft pick and potentially franchise QB.

I realize nothing is guaranteed (see the Colts and Andrew Luck) but most teams that win year after year have a franchise QB.

We need to suck the rest of the year to ensure we can have the best chance of becoming one of those teams.
    season ticket holder

i have no doubt we are going to suck enough without intentionally doing a thing
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    It was just over a very short year ago that we went into the 2016-17 as perennial favorites to win the Super Bowl.

This franchise had a small window to win with it's important players CP and Fitz near the end.

Do you fans want to be mired in mediocrity ala the Sketon/Kolb/Hall era?

It's time to put ourselves in position to get a very high draft pick and potentially franchise QB.

I realize nothing is guaranteed (see the Colts and Andrew Luck) but most teams that win year after year have a franchise QB.

We need to suck the rest of the year to ensure we can have the best chance of becoming one of those teams.

Name a team that has taken this route and been successful. Not saying there isn't one...just asking for evidence this is a way that has produced results.

Also, remember, 2 top QBs could both return to school. No guarantees there is even a QB worth a top 5 pick, much less overall #1.

If BA is done...and I believe he is...do you think he is willing to tank his career numbers to get a player he'll never coach?

If you go 3-13 or so, the FA price-tags get more expensive.

Losing on purpose, IMO, is like trying to fix a hole in a shirt by cutting it out with another hole.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Hell I just want a brand new O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i have no doubt we are going to suck enough without intentionally doing a thing
    I agree with this. Taking that extra step to turn up the suck is akin to stepping over a curb in a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Name a team that has taken this route and been successful. Not saying there isn't one...just asking for evidence this is a way that has produced results.

Also, remember, 2 top QBs could both return to school. No guarantees there is even a QB worth a top 5 pick, much less overall #1.

If BA is done...and I believe he is...do you think he is willing to tank his career numbers to get a player he'll never coach?

Losing on purpose, IMO, is like trying to fix a hole in a shirt by cutting it out with another hole.
    No, in fact if Palmer somehow survives the 2017 season without a debilitating injury I expect Arians to pen a sequel "The QB Whisperer, I'm Even Better Than I Thought I Was: How I Saved Carson Palmer From a Lifetime of Traction"

I know of no single professional athlete that is capable of tanking. Hell, I don't know any amateur athlete that can just lay down.

This is the rant of desperate fans that don't understand competition.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post

I agree that the "suck for the next big thing" philosophy is suspect at best. Plus, with decades of being a basket case franchise the Cardinals will (for the foreseeable future) be teetering on remission to "same old Cardinals" territory and sucking on purpose IMO could easily permeate everything about the franchise and put the franchise back into the dark ages, albeit with a nicer stadium.

Thumbs down

Today's pathetic loss proved that last weeks win was nothing more then polishing brass on the Titanic.

At the end of the day, every head coach has their win-loss record in parentheses right next to their name and will always want it to be as impressive as possible. And players are all playing for their next contract and need as much positive film as they can get

Either way, I'm hoping for Gabbert or a rookie QB next year which will hopefully allow SK to buy himself a new offensive line, and maybe a No 1 receiver if there's one out there. With CP and Fitz of the books, there should be plenty of money to spend