Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's time to shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i have no doubt we are going to suck enough without intentionally doing a thing
    And if the Cards suck scale is accurate for 2017 then also kiss goodbye a 1-4 draft pick in 2018 for QBofF. We'll pick just low enough to fail. That's the Cards 80- year dark history to a T. Except for a few bright spot teasers.

Lol. The Board is angry tonight. And rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    And if the Cards suck scale is accurate for 2017 then also kiss goodbye a 1-4 draft pick in 2018 for QBofF. We'll pick just low enough to fail. That's the Cards 80- year dark history to a T. Except for a few bright spot teasers.

We're gonna have a hard time out sucking SF, NYG, CLE, and LAC.

Quote Originally Posted by jgmotorsport View Post
    you might be underestimating our team....or overestimating ...
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

So this is what it has come down to....who can/will suck the most....very sad, but almost true.

Sorry should not have said that....and yes the board is angry. I guess I am too.

Give me a couple of days and I just might say why we are gonna beat the Buccaneers....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Angry

There are deficiencies everywhere from the coaches down to the players. A deep organizational malaise has formed. It will be hard to correct without a purge.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post

I'm very happy to see the anger. It compares well to last year's denial well into November insisting the Cardinals were in the playoff hunt. I don't know if The Whisperer penning a tome about the greatness of The Whisperer has turned up the anger for others, it sure as heckfire has for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    you might be underestimating our team....or overestimating ...
    LOL. Dang that is one heck of a conundrum. I think I'm going to stay up all night trying to determine which is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by longimanus View Post
    Hell I just want a brand new O-line.
    It seems like we have been asking Santa for this gift forever. When was the last time we had a good, healthy, functioning O-line? I can't remember but then watching our QB's get beaten up (literally and figuratively) for years has been a nightmare for all of us.

I do believe we would have a hard time beating a team unless it has a 2nd or 3rd string Qb if they have a decent D all bets are off. It's not a fluke it took overtime to beat back up Qb's.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 10-09-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    It was just over a very short year ago that we went into the 2016-17 as perennial favorites to win the Super Bowl.

This franchise had a small window to win with it's important players CP and Fitz near the end.

Do you fans want to be mired in mediocrity ala the Sketon/Kolb/Hall era?

It's time to put ourselves in position to get a very high draft pick and potentially franchise QB.

I realize nothing is guaranteed (see the Colts and Andrew Luck) but most teams that win year after year have a franchise QB.

We need to suck the rest of the year to ensure we can have the best chance of becoming one of those teams.
    The idea that drafting higher through 1 draft will change the course of mediocrity is highly suspect. What separates mediocrity is talent evaluation and coaching.

Reacting to yesterdays game, the Eagles are a much better team on both sides of the ball. I expected us to lose, I expected the Eagles to put up 30 plus on us because our D hasn't shown any ability to stop a decent O with a quality NFL QB. I was a little disappointed we didn't score more points because the Eagles D was banged up. It's hard for me to over react to the beat down we got yesterday. The game was a mismatch of talent in every aspect of the game.

The real question is, if we had Humphries, DJ and Golden would that have made us competitive? Is our team really bad because of injuries or is it just really bad because we have bad overall talent, no depth and a coaching staff that's out of it's league? Or is it some combination of all of those things?

It looks like we could have gotten a franchise QB this year. We allowed a few teams to trade ahead of us and grab one. I don't see any scenario where we are guaranteed one of the first 3 picks in this coming draft. That means we probably have to give away a ton of picks to move up if of course one of the teams in front of us want to pass. This isn't going to be the suck for Luck year. That really hasn't worked out all that well for the Colts because the rest of their team has sucked with Luck.

The question is who is going to run this team. That's what will change our future. We are going to be clearing cap space and cutting ties with several key vets. The teams future is about a lot more than 1 draft class. We need to overhaul lots of pieces on both sides of the ball. I don't have an opinion about Keim one way or another. I do know there are HC candidates that are going to want a lot more control over player personal decisions, FA singings and the draft. At the end of the day it's who's running the show, not your draft position that will determine how competitive we are.

Amos is still coaching because both Keim and BA were on board with it. Betcher is our DC because both Keim and BA supported it. We drafted two undersized players in rounds 1 and 2 because both Keim and BA supported it. I suspect if we want to bring in a great young talented HC, they are going to demand much more control over the entire team. It's high risk with high potential reward. Chip Kelly destroyed two teams. Control was the price for entry. I suspect many of the great candidates are going to want control over their destiny as part of the package.

I think we need to see What Gabbart has with both Humphries and DJ in the lineup. Keim brough him in with a low risk contract to see if he could be the QB of the future. If we don't find out what he could do in the best scenario we can put him in, we are doing a deserve to the next management group. Whoever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    The idea that drafting higher through 1 draft will change the course of mediocrity is highly suspect. What separates mediocrity is talent evaluation and coaching.

Reacting to yesterdays game, the Eagles are a much better team on both sides of the ball. I expected us to lose, I expected the Eagles to put up 30 plus on us because our D hasn't shown any ability to stop a decent O with a quality NFL QB. I was a little disappointed we didn't score more points because the Eagles D was banged up. It's hard for me to over react to the beat down we got yesterday. The game was a mismatch of talent in every aspect of the game.

The real question is, if we had Humphries, DJ and Golden would that have made us competitive? Is our team really bad because of injuries or is it just really bad because we have bad overall talent, no depth and a coaching staff that's out of it's league? Or is it some combination of all of those things?

It looks like we could have gotten a franchise QB this year. We allowed a few teams to trade ahead of us and grab one. I don't see any scenario where we are guaranteed one of the first 3 picks in this coming draft. That means we probably have to give away a ton of picks to move up if of course one of the teams in front of us want to pass. This isn't going to be the suck for Luck year. That really hasn't worked out all that well for the Colts because the rest of their team has sucked with Luck.

The question is who is going to run this team. That's what will change our future. We are going to be clearing cap space and cutting ties with several key vets. The teams future is about a lot more than 1 draft class. We need to overhaul lots of pieces on both sides of the ball. I don't have an opinion about Keim one way or another. I do know there are HC candidates that are going to want a lot more control over player personal decisions, FA singings and the draft. At the end of the day it's who's running the show, not your draft position that will determine how competitive we are.

Amos is still coaching because both Keim and BA were on board with it. Betcher is our DC because both Keim and BA supported it. We drafted two undersized players in rounds 1 and 2 because both Keim and BA supported it. I suspect if we want to bring in a great young talented HC, they are going to demand much more control over the entire team. It's high risk with high potential reward. Chip Kelly destroyed two teams. Control was the price for entry. I suspect many of the great candidates are going to want control over their destiny as part of the package.

I think we need to see What Gabbart has with both Humphries and DJ in the lineup. Keim brough him in with a low risk contract to see if he could be the QB of the future. If we don't find out what he could do in the best scenario we can put him in, we are doing a deserve to the next management group. Whoever that is.
    I don't think too many on here think it's gonna take one draft. We should focus on the oline in free agency and maybe a defender or two and give BG a shot and maybe we might get lucky and we get a young Qb that does well his first year. We have a cadillac in the backfield and need some snow plows in front of him and hope the best for the Qb. Never know what could happen if we pick up a few players for the D and get an offense that can rest the D. I really don't believe we can turn it around in one season but the future is gonna be determined by this offseason.