Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday morning quarterback

Default Monday morning quarterback

If there is any indications BA has little faith in this team look no further then third down today.
    How many times did we see a little toss to AE and him head to the sidelines. AE had little interest in contact today and BA had little interest in getting third downs.

ifeany Momah had a real tough game on ST's. He whiffed badly on a tackle that allowed a long punt return and he had a holding call.

Special teams regressed today. They are a joke. Can anyone remember the last time we had a long punt return or kick return? We change the guys returning all the time but it's the scheme from this very very well coached team that's an issue.

This Oline we have reminds me a lot of the Whiz years. It matters little what play makers we might have you simply cannot do much with this terrible group. THis is on Keim. I realize we have injuries but Boehn, Valdheer and AQ Shipley are not world beaters or starters on playoff teams.

AE had one good game in two years last week and now he's headed back to being AE. Running for the sidelines on critical third downs wont cut it. And does every third down play have to come down to a swing pass to AE? EVen the announcers said it looked like the Cards weren't very interested in making third downs.

Robert Nkimdeche milked an ankle sprain last year. This year he's "hurt" his calf. Any bets on what body part will hurt next season for the entire season?

Cardinal defense came into the game known as a good tackling football team. They clearly were not interested in getting their uniforms dirty today. A disgraceful performance. Sorry this is not on Bettchner , this is a lack of heart.

Did BA show any passion on the sideline today? This is his return to the Temple area and he looked much like his team. Disinterested.

Our punter Andy Lee was called out last week by a poster on here for having a "poor net gain" . Well again his punts were very good and high. The coverage was AWFUL. so he had to resort to angling his kicks out of bounds taking some yards off of his average. He can thank Coach Amos and the very very well coached ST's for that.

I thought Bethal got burned by his own teammates on the long pass he gave up. He took outside contain and there was no safety help. Clearly a mixup by the two safeties we had on the field. But I thought he played okay today. Not great but nobody was great.

Chandler Jones was a great addition to this team. Consistent and seemingly injury free every game . NE probably wishes they had a redo. Glad we have him signed long term.

Buc had an awful game. Is he slower or is his ankle bothering him. I'm going with the latter right now.

Our defense looked old and slow........it is old and slow. Reddick is one of the bright spots though. I wonder in the end how his career plays out compared to Reuben Foster who many wanted (not me).

Sorry Larry. Your probable final season is going to be one of the worst.

Can we get , along with a stud young QB and new Oline, an elite TE. It's been like never that we've had one. The new NFL has a lot of them and they really help.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    If there is any indications BA has little faith in this team look no further then third down today.
    How many times did we see a little toss to AE and him head to the sidelines. AE had little interest in contact today and BA had little interest in getting third downs.

ifeany Momah had a real tough game on ST's. He whiffed badly on a tackle that allowed a long punt return and he had a holding call.

Special teams regressed today. They are a joke. Can anyone remember the last time we had a long punt return or kick return? We change the guys returning all the time but it's the scheme from this very very well coached team that's an issue.

This Oline we have reminds me a lot of the Whiz years. It matters little what play makers we might have you simply cannot do much with this terrible group. THis is on Keim. I realize we have injuries but Boehn, Valdheer and AQ Shipley are not world beaters or starters on playoff teams.

AE had one good game in two years last week and now he's headed back to being AE. Running for the sidelines on critical third downs wont cut it. And does every third down play have to come down to a swing pass to AE? EVen the announcers said it looked like the Cards weren't very interested in making third downs.

Robert Nkimdeche milked an ankle sprain last year. This year he's "hurt" his calf. Any bets on what body part will hurt next season for the entire season?

Cardinal defense came into the game known as a good tackling football team. They clearly were not interested in getting their uniforms dirty today. A disgraceful performance. Sorry this is not on Bettchner , this is a lack of heart.

Did BA show any passion on the sideline today? This is his return to the Temple area and he looked much like his team. Disinterested.

Our punter Andy Lee was called out last week by a poster on here for having a "poor net gain" . Well again his punts were very good and high. The coverage was AWFUL. so he had to resort to angling his kicks out of bounds taking some yards off of his average. He can thank Coach Amos and the very very well coached ST's for that.

I thought Bethal got burned by his own teammates on the long pass he gave up. He took outside contain and there was no safety help. Clearly a mixup by the two safeties we had on the field. But I thought he played okay today. Not great but nobody was great.

Chandler Jones was a great addition to this team. Consistent and seemingly injury free every game . NE probably wishes they had a redo. Glad we have him signed long term.

Buc had an awful game. Is he slower or is his ankle bothering him. I'm going with the latter right now.

Our defense looked old and slow........it is old and slow. Reddick is one of the bright spots though. I wonder in the end how his career plays out compared to Reuben Foster who many wanted (not me).

Can we get , along with a stud young QB and new Oline, an elite TE. It's been like never that we've had one. The new NFL has a lot of them and they really help.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm starting to lean your way. Especially on that second punt. Just terrible coverage. Why Amos took so long to realize Andy was outkicking the coverage is beyond me. Once they had Andy adjust, we mainly had fair catches.

With the 110 yrds added today to the 155 yds we already had, I'm sure we'll best last in the league for punt return yardage.....thanks Amos.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

AE had little interest in contact today.

Take a hike with your displaced AE hate. The game was over 21-0 in the first. And you complain that he didnt scramble his brains for a lost cause?

You make no mention of CJ2K and his 1.2 yard average. I saw AE be more physical than half our defense as well, yet you make no mention of them either.

Interesting that you and many others are bagging on Keim for the Oline. I'm not here to defend him but how is he responsible for the number of eve taken? Or do you expect him to have been able to sign two complete starting caliber Olines?

I understand the injuries happen but in this whole mess, no one has brought up conditioning or the lack of. While some injuries may be preventable, I believe several of these have been soft tissue like triceps. Couldn't those be reduced if the conditioning was better?

Nkimdeche...forgot to even make fun of him today.

DBuc was not good in coverage...reminded me of the good ole days when TE's torched us week in and week out.

OL play around the league is suffering. Theories abound, but DL have gotten more and more athletic. Add some key injuries and player decline (ahem, Veldheer and Iupati) and it's a recipe for disaster.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by TnTCardFans View Post
    Interesting that you and many others are bagging on Keim for the Oline. I'm not here to defend him but how is he responsible for the number of eve taken? Or do you expect him to have been able to sign two complete starting caliber Olines?

I understand the injuries happen but in this whole mess, no one has brought up conditioning or the lack of. While some injuries may be preventable, I believe several of these have been soft tissue like triceps. Couldn't those be reduced if the conditioning was better?
    Look around the league year after year injuries are not a Cardinals problem. It's a league wide problem. Now if you want to point out players who milk their injuries... Nkemdiche... feel free to point your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Take a hike with your displaced AE hate. The game was over 21-0 in the first. And you complain that he didnt scramble his brains for a lost cause?

You make no mention of CJ2K and his 1.2 yard average. I saw AE be more physical than half our defense as well, yet you make no mention of them either.
    CJ would have shredded the Eagles 5 years ago.

AE? What's his excuse?

One good game in two years. Am I lying?
    season ticket holder

You are making excuses for Bethel because of what you said last week. He got burned for a touchdown. Expecting safety help because he got burned isn't the fault of his teammates. He simply had poor coverage and was beaten. I told you last week, he would get burned. I'll repeat myself, he will get burned again. How many times does he need to give up a TD before you recognize that he shouldn't be starting?

Was Bethel the reason we lost, of course not. And he wasn't the only one who got burned. Budda Baker and Deone Buchanon got burned badly as well.

I think the secondary has been overrated and in previous games, offenses respected them. The Eagles didn't. What all of you will learn is that other teams learned they can throw on our secondary because the Eagles put that on display. Future opponents are going to take shots downfield on our secondary and it's going to get ugly folks. This is primarily's Keim's fault. He drafted guys who couldn't cover like Deone Buchanon, who was criticized for his coverage skills even before he was drafted. Keim passed on Ha Ha Clinton Dix, who had much better coverage skills than Deone.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 10-08-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Bettcher continues to get a pass on this board. He just is not DC material. The defense has talent, but is severely undercoached. Players are out of place. Poor blitz designs. The TD against Baker had 7 guys seemingly blindly running after the QB on 3rd and 19 leaving open the one part of the field you couldn't afford to.

12 TD/3 FG against Stafford, Prescott, and Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    You are making excuses for Bethel because of what you said last week. He got burned for a touchdown. Expecting safety help because he got burned isn't the fault of his teammates. He simply had poor coverage and was beaten. I told you last week, he would get burned. I'll repeat myself, he will get burned again. How many times does he need to give up a TD before you recognize that he shouldn't be starting?

Was Bethel the reason we lost, of course not. And he wasn't the only one who got burned. Budda Baker and Deone Buchanon got burned badly as well.

I think the secondary has been overrated and in previous games, offenses respected them. The Eagles didn't. What all of you will learn is that other teams learned they can throw on our secondary because the Eagles put that on display. Future opponents are going to take shots downfield on our secondary and it's going to get ugly folks. This is primarily's Keim's fault. He drafted guys who couldn't cover like Deone Buchanon, who was criticized for his coverage skills even before he was drafted. Keim passed on Ha Ha Clinton Dix, who had much better coverage skills than Deone.
    I wasn't very confident Bethal would be our second corner this year. But he's done pretty good.

We hardly had pressure today against Wentz. And yes Bethal should have had safety help on that long play.

And get real. Corners get beat all day every day in the NFL. Keep congratulating yourself on predicting the demise of Bethal but he has risen from the ashes to do a pretty darn good job. Better then Cooper last year.
    season ticket holder