Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Monday morning quarterback

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sun City AZ
    Posts
    2,285

    Default Playes .

    The players can only do what the coaching staff calls for, if that is to miss tackles, miss catchable balls, that is all but Larry Fitzgerald, not even try to run the darn ball. and all of the other **** they do to lose. Last week it was a tossup who wanted to lose the worst, the 49ers or Cardinals. If not for Larry we would probably have 1 win. I hate a team, mostly the coaches that will, not win on purpose for a draft pick. I believe without a doubt that is what is going on. They should have to refund every season ticket holder's money when they don't even try. And don't even start about injuries. A one legged dog could do better. Today was no better, as far as coaching goes, neither was the resulting play. That ST Coach should have been fired two years ago. If the Cardinals had went out and hired a good DC when Bowles left, we just might have a better defense. No instead they have to hire from within, and look what has happened.
    CP3 All the way to the SB.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VOR View Post
    Bettcher continues to get a pass on this board. He just is not DC material. The defense has talent, but is severely undercoached. Players are out of place. Poor blitz designs. The TD against Baker had 7 guys seemingly blindly running after the QB on 3rd and 19 leaving open the one part of the field you couldn't afford to.

    12 TD/3 FG against Stafford, Prescott, and Wentz.
    I think Arians officially took the fall for the TD on 3rd and long, saying he called for a blitz. I guess he doesn't have enough faith in his DC to make the right call. I don't know what to make of Bettcher, the D is there some days and not others. I so pine for the old days of Bowles and his famous halftime adjustments.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I think Arians officially took the fall for the TD on 3rd and long, saying he called for a blitz. I guess he doesn't have enough faith in his DC to make the right call. I don't know what to make of Bettcher, the D is there some days and not others. I so pine for the old days of Bowles and his famous halftime adjustments.
    Bowles has made it unfair for Bettcher. I've come a long way with James. I think overall he has done a good job with the D. At least if you compare him to mere mortals.
    season ticket holder

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    I know of at least 6 balls AE has dropped in the last 3 games. Each and every one has hit him right in the hands. Add in his let me find a hole and crawl in running style, and his poor pass blocking....This should be his last year with the team. I Hope it's Ba last year also. He has worn out his welcome. Just like he did in Pittsburgh and Indy.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Our D# just quits. It's their MO.
    The days of that Ray Horton D# is just loooooong gone.
    We aint carrying anyone anymore.

    (Bettcher is bad, but their did it with Bowles too)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    CJ would have shredded the Eagles 5 years ago.

    AE? What's his excuse?
    One good game in two years. Am I lying?


    Hes 2nd on the team in catches and has a 4.2 rush avg. 4.2 is higher than Ezekiel Elliot this year.

    Youre not lying, you just dont know what youre talking about. If you havent noticed, this team sucks. But AE is one of the very few bright spots. For you to complain about one of the only guys helping us win, and not lose, is asinine.
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-08-2017 at 09:10 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Bowles has made it unfair for Bettcher. I've come a long way with James. I think overall he has done a good job with the D. At least if you compare him to mere mortals.
    12 TD's/3 FG's

    Bettcher has made it unfair on himself.

    Arizona's D hasn't been this bad predating Bowles.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    275

    Default I think the message is getting old

    Players know when schemes and game plans arenít working, and if the coaches donít take inputs or make adjustments ITís WORSE!!

    1 - Special teams - itís been a major problem since BA has been here. BA covers for his buddy Jones, and even covered for Drew Butler over a 2 year span even though he was worse punter in the league. Remember they cut the 5th round safety to keep him around. If you donít think players donít pick up on the favoritism YOURE A FOOL after theyíre busting their tails weekly. Poor special teams play over a long time is the lack of talent on your team and/or wrong players on ST.

    2 - How many old tired players is Keim gonna sign? What veteran leadership are they providing when Iíve never seen so many breakdowns on defense? We let Campbell, Jefferson and Swearinger leave to replace with Bethea and Dansby? They had money to bring one of the safeties back. Do the players even respect Bettcher? I donít think they do. I think Lamar Woodley was right with his comments about Bettcher, but of course BA takes up for him because thatís his guy.

    3 - OL issues. It seems to be 2 average highly paid players and 3 below average players. When things are good the problems are masked and never addressed. Itís been like that for a long time Cards always seem to either draft lineman that are undersized or have major deficiencies like short arms or not strong.

    4 - Where are the complementary players? Where are the young players sliding into those roles? The complementary CB? Is Keim allergic to having a solid #2? Theyíre not even drafting them!! They draft projects. Where is the replacement for Fitz? Itís only been the past 3 years heís been waiting because we know they never liked Floyd. What about the TE position? Been below average for a long time.

    Last thing because I just got back from the game Philly game. Hey Keim STOP DRAFTING LAZY IMMATURE SOFT PLAYERS!! Both Humohries and Nkemdiche were labeled that out of college on top of that their numbers didnít back it up. With the short window to win the past 4 years we draft to guys in positions of need to REDSHIRT. MAJOR MISTAKE!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CashT1874 View Post
    Players know when schemes and game plans arenít working, and if the coaches donít take inputs or make adjustments ITís WORSE!!

    1 - Special teams - itís been a major problem since BA has been here. BA covers for his buddy Jones, and even covered for Drew Butler over a 2 year span even though he was worse punter in the league. Remember they cut the 5th round safety to keep him around. If you donít think players donít pick up on the favoritism YOURE A FOOL after theyíre busting their tails weekly. Poor special teams play over a long time is the lack of talent on your team and/or wrong players on ST.

    2 - How many old tired players is Keim gonna sign? What veteran leadership are they providing when Iíve never seen so many breakdowns on defense? We let Campbell, Jefferson and Swearinger leave to replace with Bethea and Dansby? They had money to bring one of the safeties back. Do the players even respect Bettcher? I donít think they do. I think Lamar Woodley was right with his comments about Bettcher, but of course BA takes up for him because thatís his guy.

    3 - OL issues. It seems to be 2 average highly paid players and 3 below average players. When things are good the problems are masked and never addressed. Itís been like that for a long time Cards always seem to either draft lineman that are undersized or have major deficiencies like short arms or not strong.

    4 - Where are the complementary players? Where are the young players sliding into those roles? The complementary CB? Is Keim allergic to having a solid #2? Theyíre not even drafting them!! They draft projects. Where is the replacement for Fitz? Itís only been the past 3 years heís been waiting because we know they never liked Floyd. What about the TE position? Been below average for a long time.

    Last thing because I just got back from the game Philly game. Hey Keim STOP DRAFTING LAZY IMMATURE SOFT PLAYERS!! Both Humohries and Nkemdiche were labeled that out of college on top of that their numbers didnít back it up. With the short window to win the past 4 years we draft to guys in positions of need to REDSHIRT. MAJOR MISTAKE!!
    One thing I've always always said is that DL especially takes a special kind of motor. If you aren't willing to run through a brick wall on every play, then you aren't a DL I want to have. Markus Golden has the type of motor I'm talking about. JJ Watt is the poster boy for non-stop motor.

    It's hard to judge a players motivation or thought process from the outside, but I get the sense the Nkemdiche thinks he's good enough to play in the NFL and that's good enough for him. He doesn't have to go out every day, every rep and keep proving it. He makes a play here or there in a practice or p/s game and reinforces his own self-image and that satisfies him. And it doesn't seem football is that important to him. He's intelligent, has a lot of outside interest and football is just a small piece of his puzzle. Just my take.

    But you are right, never draft a guy with the lazy label and we've done that more times than I care to recall (Wendell Bryant, Alan "get me a sammich" Branch).
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    This team is just awful. Why is Palmer even under center? No one in their right mind bites on play action fake. Play action fakes only work when you can run the football. They would be more productive just running out of shotgun. Gives Palmer an extra second or two. You can mix a run in out of that formation every now and then. Might as well throw it 50 times...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •