Thread: Sell the Cardinals to the new HC

Default Sell the Cardinals to the new HC

Obviously, this is on the understanding that BA (ahem) retires at the end of the season.

How does the Cards franchise sell itself to an ambitious young HC, rather than a re-tread?

Also assuming Larry and Carson call it quits. What does the offense offer?

With at least Chandler Jones, the D has a star player, plus Peterson a very competent corner.

How do you sell a rebuild with an unimpressive WR group. A probable new QB (maybe drafted), A rebuild on a very flaky O line, a tired and under performing D who let its best player walk, and do good things in Jacksonville.

I'm not sure someone 'on the up', is going to be too thrilled when they look at the state of the Cards roster.

Add to this, how would you encourage a new GM to come and take over the mess?
    Twickers bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Obviously, this is on the understanding that BA (ahem) retires at the end of the season.

How does the Cards franchise sell itself to an ambitious young HC, rather than a re-tread?

With at least Chandler Jones, the D has a star player, plus Peterson a very competent corner.

How do you sell a rebuild with an unimpressive WR group. A probable new QB (maybe drafted), A rebuild on a very flaky O line, a tired and under performing D who let its best player walk, and do good things in Jacksonville.

I'm not sure someone 'on the up', is going to be too thrilled when they look at the state of the Cards roster.

You left out the biggest factor on O in my opinion, David Johnson. I think having a healthy DJ instantly makes a lot of people think, 'I could do something with that'.

This team has a lot of issues but if the HC gets fired, generally every team has lots of issues. Of the teams that will be looking for a new head coach, AZ might actually be the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post

I don't think SK is going anywhere.

It is an NFL jb so there will be plenty of applicants. Gruden and Harbaugh are not realistic but the pool should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    I don't think SK is going anywhere.
    Any real chance at a high profile coach most likely includes SK being let go. However, I agree he will remain on staff. He will have 1-2 seasons post BA to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    It is an NFL jb so there will be plenty of applicants. Gruden and Harbaugh are not realistic but the pool should be good.
    Harbaugh just got beat and he knows it is too hard to recruit to Michigan and to much competition. I bet he would listen and you have to get them to listen to have a shot. Michigan is not a dream job.

I don't think it's a hard sell. Great stadium, nice facilities, nice weather, Mike Bidwill is an owner who wants to win and will do what it takes. And there's 32 jobs in the entire world called NFL head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Harbaugh just got beat and he knows it is too hard to recruit to Michigan and to much competition. I bet he would listen and you have to get them to listen to have a shot. Michigan is not a dream job.
    It is a lottery ticket long shot. Harbaugh is reportedly making 9 million this year. He would want total control so that means SK would be gone (see San Fran and what ultimately led to him leaving), and yes Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan man. I think he said his "dream" job is the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    It is a lottery ticket long shot. Harbaugh is reportedly making 9 million this year. He would want total control so that means SK would be gone (see San Fran and what ultimately led to him leaving), and yes Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan man. I think he said his "dream" job is the Bears.
    I think MB likes SK but he also strikes me as a guy to do what it takes to put the best team on the field .he likes winning just like the rest of us. I am down to playing fantasy and rooting for someone new to get to the SB and trying to patiently get to the offseason. It should be a very entertaining offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I think MB likes SK but he also strikes me as a guy to do what it takes to put the best team on the field .he likes winning just like the rest of us. I am down to playing fantasy and rooting for someone new to get to the SB and trying to patiently get to the offseason. It should be a very entertaining offseason.
    Yeah, the new coach would know the immediate needs because they are clear. QB, #1 WR to replace Larry, and offensive line. Cornerback opposite PP21 is also an issue.