Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The rapid demise from 2015 to 2017, most of this is on Arians

Default The rapid demise from 2015 to 2017, most of this is on Arians

I'll try to keep it short and to the point, but the rapid demise of this football team lies at feet of Bruce Arians

1-Special teams, they are poorly coached and poorly constructed, I watch other NFL teams cover kicks with their hair on fire, I see 11 guys that dont want to be out, sprinting to cover kicks, nobody blocks anybody, its just an afterthought, the Cards lose easily 100-150 in hidden yardage game after game with poor coverage and no return yards, take a ******** knee every time to get it at 25. Amos Jones should be fire but Arians wont do it, cause he was a lifer assistant himself and doesnt have it in him to cut loose a close friend. Cant operate that way.

2-OLine, this is the most unathletic, uninspring grouo of fat, out of shape, non athletes I have ever seen. Keim and Arians put together this line, they are held responsible, no nastiness, no toughness, and seriously, AQ Shipley a bowling ball joke, guards are a joke, and tackles are soft, no O-Line no running game, no deep passing game

3-Defense, this is a real disappointment, I see Defensive backs not wanting to stick their nose in on the edge, pass rushers too easily stuffed on their rush, I dont see any urgency like the 2015 team had, Bettcher I think is just average and doesnt command respect of players.

4-Bruce Arians bought into his lovable Uncle Bruce persona, tries to be real cool, say the right things, he has lost his edge, maybe health concerns factor in, but I see some quit in him, two checkdowns on third and 15, I think he is skating to the finish line, maybe this year, the fire is gone.

5-Steve Keim, got too cute with Brandon Williams pick, has whiffed continuously on O-Line, read his press clippings and hasnt done hardly anything to improve this outfit.

They are dangerously close to being the 5-11 Cardinals again for years to come....

Quote Originally Posted by TNCardsFan View Post
    I'll try to keep it short and to the point, but the rapid demise of this football team lies at feet of Bruce Arians

1-Special teams, they are poorly coached and poorly constructed, I watch other NFL teams cover kicks with their hair on fire, I see 11 guys that dont want to be out, sprinting to cover kicks, nobody blocks anybody, its just an afterthought, the Cards lose easily 100-150 in hidden yardage game after game with poor coverage and no return yards, take a ******** knee every time to get it at 25. Amos Jones should be fire but Arians wont do it, cause he was a lifer assistant himself and doesnt have it in him to cut loose a close friend. Cant operate that way.

2-OLine, this is the most unathletic, uninspring grouo of fat, out of shape, non athletes I have ever seen. Keim and Arians put together this line, they are held responsible, no nastiness, no toughness, and seriously, AQ Shipley a bowling ball joke, guards are a joke, and tackles are soft, no O-Line no running game, no deep passing game

3-Defense, this is a real disappointment, I see Defensive backs not wanting to stick their nose in on the edge, pass rushers too easily stuffed on their rush, I dont see any urgency like the 2015 team had, Bettcher I think is just average and doesnt command respect of players.

4-Bruce Arians bought into his lovable Uncle Bruce persona, tries to be real cool, say the right things, he has lost his edge, maybe health concerns factor in, but I see some quit in him, two checkdowns on third and 15, I think he is skating to the finish line, maybe this year, the fire is gone.

5-Steve Keim, got too cute with Brandon Williams pick, has whiffed continuously on O-Line, read his press clippings and hasnt done hardly anything to improve this outfit.

They are dangerously close to being the 5-11 Cardinals again for years to come....
    Ummm, er, uh, hard to argue with any of that although I'd say it's at Arians' and Keims' feet as well.
    STH SINCE '88

The fire and edge left the building in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TNCardsFan View Post
    The fire and edge left the building in 2015
    more precisely... Dec 20 2015 about 10:30 pm ET is when the descent into the Abyss began......slowly at first ..then like a Hammer
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    more precisely... Dec 20 2015 about 10:30 pm ET is when the descent into the Abyss began......slowly at first ..then like a Hammer
    Or December 27, 2015 at about 5:30 MST.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Or December 27, 2015 at about 5:30 MST.
    yeah..you are right,,i always key on the Badger going down,but we did get 1 more good game
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

100% agree. Who would of guessed at the time.

He's also responsible for the rapid rise. Without that there wouldn't have been a rapid demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He's also responsible for the rapid rise. Without that there wouldn't have been a rapid demise.
    The rapid rise that has brought one playoff victory? A team that had "its' window" but achieved one post season success. As opposed to many people's villan, Whiz, who took an underperforming bunch, moulded them into a regular post season winner, and got the Cardinals, yes the Cardinals to a Superbowl.
    And still some posters think these last 4 years are somehow a success?
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

yeah..you are right,,i always key on the Badger going down,but we did get 1 more good game
    A flip of the coin. Suffice to say it's been a long time since this team has put up those kinds of performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Let's revisit this after the season. Compare Whis after five years with Arians after five years. And we can layer in the cost of Whis vs. the cost of Arians to add another dimension.

Whis also had a relatively rapid rise. 8-8 in year one after the 2006 Denny disaster, followed by two division titles, four playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance.

Disclaimer: None of the above should be construed as a statement that Whis should have been retained.