Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rapid demise from 2015 to 2017, most of this is on Arians

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    The rapid rise that has brought one playoff victory? A team that had "its' window" but achieved one post season success. As opposed to many people's villan, Whiz, who took an underperforming bunch, moulded them into a regular post season winner, and got the Cardinals, yes the Cardinals to a Superbowl.
    And still some posters think these last 4 years are somehow a success?
    Whiz did a good job here. So did Arians. It's not like the Cards were better than the teams it lost to in the playoffs. They weren't as good as the teams it lost to in the playoffs. Nobody is saying he is Bill Parcels that beat the Bills who had a much better team or Coughlin who beat the Pats twice who had better teams. He did a very good job with a good not great roster and lost in the playoffs when he was undermanned. Beating Rodgers isn't an easy thing to do. Going into Carolina against a much better team isn't either.

Lots of good teams go to the playoffs and lose to better teams. It happens most of the time.
    Last edited by Biggs; 10-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    The rapid rise that has brought one playoff victory? A team that had "its' window" but achieved one post season success. As opposed to many people's villan, Whiz, who took an underperforming bunch, moulded them into a regular post season winner, and got the Cardinals, yes the Cardinals to a Superbowl.
    And still some posters think these last 4 years are somehow a success?
    Yes. And not to think that is outright prejudice. Whiz and Arians have Both elevated a Team that has floundered for years. The past 2 Coaching staffs have been some of the best since the 1970's.

Whiz made some repeated mistakes that ended up costing him his job here. And Whiz was Not the reason for the Cardinals rise and run to the SB. That has been well documented that it was KW's game plans that KW would bring into Whiz each week. After KW left/retired then Whiz's "Coaching" was exposed.

We have yet to experience any such thing under Arians. Is it get to be crunch time for BA? Most assuredly the seat is warming up. But to blast him for making us winners and not losers as of old, is mean spirited and short sighted. You don't have to "Like" the man and his staff. But you should at the very least acknowledge his performance in it's true light. He brought this team back into National recognition and increased the respect for this Organization over the past 4+ years.

It is injuries that is killing this team for the last 1+ season. That is the core of the problem. No more no less. The rest is just fan irrational behaviour on where to put Blame. Fans Love to Blame someone.

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 10-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.

1. Mike Iupati
    2. Jarod Veldheer
    3. Michael Floyd
    4. John Brown
    5. Tyrann Mathieu

Those are the biggest 5 reasons we stink. If you put all of those 5 players back at 2015 performance level and keep everything else on this team exactly the same, we're likely 4-1.

How much of those 5 are on BA?
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    1. Mike Iupati
    2. Jarod Veldheer
    3. Michael Floyd
    4. John Brown
    5. Tyrann Mathieu

Those are the biggest 5 reasons we stink. If you put all of those 5 players back at 2015 performance level and keep everything else on this team exactly the same, we're likely 4-1.

I think our OL still stinks but it's a very valid point.

1. Mike Iupati
    2. Jarod Veldheer
    3. Michael Floyd
    4. John Brown
    5. Tyrann Mathieu

Horrendous kicking game? I'm all for the injury excuse but to leave the kicking game out while Arians keeps saying all is well is a bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Horrendous kicking game? I'm all for the injury excuse but to leave the kicking game out while Arians keeps saying all is well is a bridge too far.
    You're correct, but it doesn't change my point. We beat Detroit and Dallas with those 5 guys at 2015 levels. And the kicking game becomes less of a focus.

BA is to blame for ST...no argument there...but this team rapidly declined because 5 of it's better to best players rapidly declined.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

1. Mike Iupati
    2. Jarod Veldheer
    3. Michael Floyd
    4. John Brown
    5. Tyrann Mathieu

The 5 you list above are the primary reasons the Cards have gone from the #1 team in the NFL (every power poll after the Philly game in 2015) to today. Special Teams failures and Nkemdiche not getting on field to see if he's ever going to be anything close to Darnell Dockett 2.0 or even 80% of the departed CC.

BA has some culpability with Amos and Goodwin as I don't believe these are great coaches and BA still has too many darn plays. Practice reps on less plays with 100% execution by everyplayer = more success than more plays executed @ a 85% level.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He's also responsible for the rapid rise. Without that there wouldn't have been a rapid demise.
    I would argue that the rising, falling, success and failure was more directly related to the arrival of CP and him getting hurt and not keeping him upright.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerCardinal View Post
    I would argue that the rising, falling, success and failure was more directly related to the arrival of CP and him getting hurt and not keeping him upright.
    Palmer did very well under BA. Palmer is a sub 500 QB for his career before he got here. He had a couple of big years for the Bengals. the last big year he had before coming here was in 2006. By couple I mean 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Palmer did very well under BA. Palmer is a sub 500 QB for his career before he got here. He had a couple of big years for the Bengals. the last big year he had before coming here was in 2006. By couple I mean 2.
    I wasn't talking about his career. Follow the timeline while he was here. There have been plenty of ups and downs that seemed to follow CP's injuries. And there have been plenty. Now they can't keep him upright and they again struggle. The mercury has risen and fallen with the health of CP. Outside of drafting DJ, the single best move by BASK has been to get CP for a 7th round pick. And the record/success has mirrored his ability/inability to stay healthy.