Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: The rapid demise from 2015 to 2017, most of this is on Arians

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    The rapid rise that has brought one playoff victory? A team that had "its' window" but achieved one post season success. As opposed to many people's villan, Whiz, who took an underperforming bunch, moulded them into a regular post season winner, and got the Cardinals, yes the Cardinals to a Superbowl.
    And still some posters think these last 4 years are somehow a success?
    Whiz wasn't responsible for taking the team to the super bowl.... everyone knows Kurt Warner was responsible for that. Whiz would have never gotten a playoff victory without Kurt.
    Last edited by R1ppedCardFan; 10-11-2017 at 10:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    Whiz wasn't responsible for taking the team to the super bowl.... everyone knows Kurt Warner was responsible for that. Whiz would have never gotten a playoff victory without Kurt.
    nor is BA a "whisperer" anything. His "QB guru" reputation is completely unfounded. Its easy to look like a genius when your QBs are Manning, Rothlisberger, Luck, Palmer. 3 #1 picks. At least 2 HOFrs. What wouldve thhey done without Bruce?!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    Whiz wasn't responsible for taking the team to the super bowl.... everyone knows Kurt Warner was responsible for that. Whiz would have never gotten a playoff victory without Kurt.
    Right. And Whiz had nothing to do with Kurt getting an opportunity to salvage his career.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    nor is BA a "whisperer" anything. His "QB guru" reputation is completely unfounded. Its easy to look like a genius when your QBs are Manning, Rothlisberger, Luck, Palmer. 3 #1 picks. At least 2 HOFrs. What wouldve thhey done without Bruce?!
    There are 4 guys who know how helpful he was to their development and you're not one of them.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Right. And Whiz had nothing to do with Kurt getting an opportunity to salvage his career.
    I supposed you can giveWhiz credit for giving Kurt a chance... but that's it. Whiz was unable to have any success with any non HoF qb's.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    nor is BA a "whisperer" anything. His "QB guru" reputation is completely unfounded. Its easy to look like a genius when your QBs are Manning, Rothlisberger, Luck, Palmer. 3 #1 picks. At least 2 HOFrs. What wouldve thhey done without Bruce?!
    I would bet anything that those 4 players would all attribute some of their success to quality coaching...including what BA provided.

    It's a mystery to me why it's either all or nothing with some on the MB.

    It's possible to critique BA's shortcomings without losing argument credibility by refusing any credit at all to what he's been able to do. The guy has won more games here than any coach since I've been a fan (40 plus years) and people refuse to say he might know what he's doing. It baffles me.

    I'm ok with him being asked to resign. Sometimes a change is necessary even with the coach is a good coach, but this MB is on loco with much of the criticism.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    I would bet anything that those 4 players would all attribute some of their success to quality coaching...including what BA provided.

    It's a mystery to me why it's either all or nothing with some on the MB.

    It's possible to critique BA's shortcomings without losing argument credibility by refusing any credit at all to what he's been able to do. The guy has won more games here than any coach since I've been a fan (40 plus years) and people refuse to say he might know what he's doing. It baffles me.

    I'm ok with him being asked to resign. Sometimes a change is necessary even with the coach is a good coach, but this MB is on loco with much of the criticism.
    Theres a big gap between "contributed something" and guru".

    If Im in the front row and shout "Hey Palmer, Gresham is open!" and he hears me and throws to Gresham, I am now an offensive coordinator?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    I would bet anything that those 4 players would all attribute some of their success to quality coaching...including what BA provided.

    It's a mystery to me why it's either all or nothing with some on the MB.

    It's possible to critique BA's shortcomings without losing argument credibility by refusing any credit at all to what he's been able to do. The guy has won more games here than any coach since I've been a fan (40 plus years) and people refuse to say he might know what he's doing. It baffles me.

    I'm ok with him being asked to resign. Sometimes a change is necessary even with the coach is a good coach, but this MB is on loco with much of the criticism.
    I'm sure he did contribute something, so what. No need to write a book proclaiming how great he is, in his opinion. Just stupid, improper in appearance. Perception is reality. Oh wait, no, it's stupid because he wrote if after going 7-8-1 and then opening at 2-3 with embarrassing losses and and offense not worthy of a whisperer. He writes it after going 14-2 and winning a Super Bowl it's all good.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    I supposed you can giveWhiz credit for giving Kurt a chance... but that's it. Whiz was unable to have any success with any non HoF qb's.
    Its sickening that sports fans cant give a guy like Whiz credit for taking KW over the first round pick darling Leinart and leading this sorry franchise to a super bowl.

    He couldn't turn Max Hall into anything.

    whiz dealt with having Rod Graves as a GM. Geez.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    1. Mike Iupati
    2. Jarod Veldheer
    3. Michael Floyd
    4. John Brown
    5. Tyrann Mathieu


    Those are the biggest 5 reasons we stink. If you put all of those 5 players back at 2015 performance level and keep everything else on this team exactly the same, we're likely 4-1.

    How much of those 5 are on BA?
    You have to know when a guy needs to be replaced. Mathieu should never have been offered a huge deal after his ACL, that was nuts and pure emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Horrendous kicking game? I'm all for the injury excuse but to leave the kicking game out while Arians keeps saying all is well is a bridge too far.
    This is where credibility as a franchise is plain and simply lost. YOu cant claim to be doing everything you can to win and keep a punter and ST coach after their performances. Old man , long time assistant himself thought loyalty meant keeping garbage around .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •