Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Cardinals G.M. suggest that roster changes could come

Default Article: Cardinals G.M. suggest that roster changes could come

And Keim, appearing Monday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, suggesting that changes could be coming.

“Quite frankly, we need to continue rotate players in and out of here and find players who can help us,” Keim said, via az central sports. “If a guy continually makes the same mistake and he’s not going to fix it, we’ll go ahead and make a decision and look at the ready list [of available free agents] and bring on some guys, who we are this week, and make some changes.”

Keim bemoaned the performance of both sides of the ball in the loss to the Eagles.

“Starting off defensively, I mean the third-down conversions that they made, third and 19, obviously that can’t happen,” Keim said. “Poor tackling. Simple coverage basics that you’re taught. Playing the sticks. Playing aggressive in coverage. Not giving up first downs as easily as we did. It’s really frustrating.

“And offensively, I don’t think it’s any question that we had to try and run the ball effectively to get them off balance and maybe try to throw some play actions. Maybe we hit some deep shots on them. But when you can’t run the ball effectively, I think we all know . . . when teams tee off and know you’re going to throw the football quite a bit, not only is it extremely difficult to pass protect but it’s difficult to pass protect knowing what’s coming. You’re going to be constantly getting pressure.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-could-come/

After the interview, Doug and Wolf were talking about "Will Keim cut somebody to send a message?"

And my only thought is who? Nobody cares if you cut some 3rd stringer. The only way to send a message is to cut a starter. And theres almost no starter you can cut, because we have no depth (excellent job Keim. Maybe you should cut yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    After the interview, Doug and Wolf were talking about "Will Keim cut somebody to send a message?"

And my only thought is who? Nobody cares if you cut some 3rd stringer. The only way to send a message is to cut a starter. And theres almost no starter you can cut, because we have no depth (excellent job Keim. Maybe you should cut yourself)
    Cut Chris Johnson. He's garbage now.

How about a player AND a coach? Wanna send a message?
    STH SINCE '88

Cut Amos Jones and an Olinemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Ditto
    If the Romans were in charge
    they would drag these guys ( Amos )
    from one end zone to the other

The O line coaches as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    THIS^^ it probably won`t help at this place and time but it would make me feel better
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Ditto
    If the Romans were in charge
    they would drag these guys ( Amos )
    from one end zone to the other

The O line coaches as well
    I hear the Oline coach from Miami is looking for a job.......

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    I hear the Oline coach from Miami is looking for a job.......
    Hey Boomer its in my other post

THERE IS A VIDEO out there

maybe he was lining the field on the table eh?

Default More churn the roster? That's a solution??

Bring in more bodies for tryouts? Haven't we done that pretty much continually, and here we are sliding?

What is the point of exchanging one or more poor producers for another batch of equally poor producers, as are usually found on the street during a season? Players available are in that situation for a reason. Therefore, saying we will bring in more is not a solution and is fooling nobody. It is not a fix. It is actually an admission that the selection of current players was faulty in the first place, and someone made poor decisions. There aren't many gems at the bottom of the FA barrel, scrape as you will.

We hear about the time consuming learning process of BA's playbook and how it is hard for some, a complete puzzle for others, yet some worn out tire is supposed to come in and provide traction right away? Preposterous. A temporary spare maybe, but not much else.

One of the problems of this team is that they have not had a chance to gell and learn how each other plays best. I don't know quite how to state it, but if a group stays together long enough they begin to think less and react to each other and situations by instinct. With personnel changes due to departures and injury, this group has not had the luxury of becoming a real team. With NFL rules and players union impediments perfection will never occur, but it can be attempted with effort and persistence. Those who do will field the most successful teams. Maximum effort applies to all, not just players on the field. (hint to the "it ain't hard" thinkers)

Another principal problem does not involve the players, and has yet to be recognized, admitted or rectified:
    How about an independent review of all facets of the team from top to bottom? How about examining the performance of scouts, management, coaches, and support personnel (trainers etc) in addition to players? I'm betting poor performers can be found at all levels, and until those are replaced with competent people it is extremely unlikely that much will change in the win/loss column.

Those who have been in business at some point in their lives know that ineptitude, patronage, bias, blame, ** and CYA is found everywhere, and the Cardinals, being a business, are not exempt.

IMO, Mike Bidwill has the ability to see and understand this, but has yet to act - maybe with small moves at first, big moves after the season, but hopefully decisive and firm steps to right the ship.