Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Cardinals G.M. suggest that roster changes could come

Unless you are trading for starters why would you want to replace guys that are on no team. Sorry but that is a crazy statement from the guy I defend. That tell's me maybe MB had a talk with him and he is feeling the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Unless you are trading for starters why would you want to replace guys that are on no team. Sorry but that is a crazy statement from the guy I defend. That tell's me maybe MB had a talk with him and he is feeling the pressure.
    I sure hope so. Keim dug in on Jones being awesome yesterday so for me it's time to question his objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I sure hope so. Keim dug in on Jones being awesome yesterday so for me it's time to question his objectivity.
    Exactly. Im done with him
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    That could be the case. BA already has his lake house and is one step out the door. SK is still young and wants to keep his job. You don't get many chances to GM in the NFL so I hope he has a good plan for the money he has made. He is also on with an older coaching staff that doesn't have many assistant coaches in line for HC jobs. This is why I think he will be extremely careful with his next HC hire, he can't afford to bring in a super star that will want him gone.

You always churn the bottom when injuries strike. That is why there are Practice Squads for each team. And all 32 PSs are available to sign from. All PS are mostly Young players still trying to make a roster in the near future. So this "there are no replacements out there" is bogus thinking.

Keep churning SK.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Cut Amos Jones and an Olinemen.
    Who?

Boehm is literally the only option. I went through every OL we got and hes the only one.

And Im pretty sure he was drafted to be our Center of the future. Pretty stupid asset management if you cut 2nd year 4th round pick Center because hes struggling to play not-his-position-Guard.

A part of me loves how bad this OL is because it vindicates my belief in investing in the OL. Put big money and high picks into it. An OL full of old guys and 5th rounders will play like an OL full of old guys and 5th rounders.

What a roster change with the AP trade! Two former Saints in one day could solve areas of need and help stop our season turning into a trainwreck. While the FA signing of LS Drescher is in today's background news, it still is important in a critical area of ST play. An eight year veteran he should mesh with Dawson and Lee.

But, this acquisition of AP is exciting. For it shows SK is working like The Wizard Of Oz behind the curtain pulling all the levers he can to make a difference for BA. I only hope and pray that as we work AP into the mix of getting O-lineman back and BA adjusting his gameplanning our ground game with get some traction and help CP keep an opponents defense honest.

This is different than when Emmitt was brought to the Valley because AP has a legitimate veteran roster to play with. He's not being brought in to sell tickets but to have him run on the field and not at the mouth. Like KW coming aboard for one last hurrah, AP could make a significant contribution. He likely will not have a high per carry average, but may carry a big enough portion of the offense so the passing game and CP's health will be taken care of. I am an old school fan of the running game and would like nothing better than to see AP go out in a blaze of glory, or, at least, a post-season to remember.

Because AP travelled to London with the Saints already he will be a source of experience in how to handle the challenges to come for his new teammates in the game with division rival LA Rams. He knows the do's and don't's of London and its eateries and clubs and this can ease his bonding in the lockerroom.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    I hear the Oline coach from Miami is looking for a job.......
    He's currently lining up suitors as we speak. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    That could be the case. BA already has his lake house and is one step out the door.
    So what is Garrett's excuse for also being 2-3?