Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Steve Keim's Tenure

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Injuries is The Reason for the decline last season and the start of this season. SK has No Control over injuries. Do you have control over injuries? If so please inform us on how to avoid/eliminate them, Please!

    JosEPh
    Our Oline and Dline have decorated and not just because of injury. And QB position is still a ?.

    Like I said SK is not blameless.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Nkemdiche can't stay healthy
    Has nothing to do with anything. Nkemdiche on his healthiest day is not a good football player. Hes just athletic. This was a pure Al Davis H/W/S pick where Keim got all googily eyes when he saw Robert in shorts. Awful, awful pick. His sub par resume did not justify his selection.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    For his career Keim gets a B-



    the true test will come next year when he has a full blown rebuild on his hands.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Can't wait for the "Steve Keim can't draft" crowd to get upset over him trading away a 7th round draft pick
    Is that all it is? I guess it is ok to kick the tires for a 7th round pick.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Is that all it is? I guess it is ok to kick the tires for a 7th round pick.
    *conditional 7th, so even better. No risk at all


    heck, we cut a 4th rounder this year. I dont think Keim cares about picks

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Can't wait for the "Steve Keim can't draft" crowd to get upset over him trading away a 7th round draft pick
    If the Cardinals are going to waste late round picks on duds like Logan Thomas who can be had for free, might as well throw them into the slot machine and see if the reels line up.

  7. #17
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    The one position you need to win consistently in the NFL is QB. SK has yet to show he knows what even backup talent looks like at the QB position in the draft. I am not calling for anyone to be fired but there has been steady decline on this team and SK is not blameless.
    I agree SK is not blameless. But that statement is akin to "SK isn't perfect". No one is. The question is how does he compare to the other imperfect GMs around the league.

    And we all knew this would be the tail end of the window. So decline was inevitable.

    I've decided to put my frustration on hold about the QB situation. He's passed on a lot of guys I've liked and taken one I couldn't stand. However, all the guys I've liked wouldn't have played much with CP playing as well as he has. My largest frustration is that we don't have Dak or Mahomes waiting in the wings for the day CP has to hang em up. But that doesn't mean Keim won't land a stud next year and start a new generation. I'm on hold till I see what he does with the QBoF.

    Backup QB is a whole different story. I'm fine with what he's done. Stanton is better than most backups, or was. He's a good clip board holder and can bust a mean move on the sideline to cheer on his team. Gabbert is also a sensible backup. He might even be a good starter if he hasn't been completely ruined by the worst case of bad luck since David Carr.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I agree SK is not blameless. But that statement is akin to "SK isn't perfect". No one is. The question is how does he compare to the other imperfect GMs around the league.
    No, but we can criticize him for the indefensible failures. This discussion has been had before but ill briefly recap it.


    - John Cooper was not a failure. That was an A+ draft pick. Completely valid and justified. The fact Coop busted couldnt be predicted by anyone. This was not a failure. This was out of his control.

    - Nkemdiche. Logan Thomas. Brandon Williams. Several more. Especially in the case of Nkemdiche and Williams, wasting a high draft pick on somebody who runs fast, but stinks at football, and then unsurprisingly busts, is an indefensible failure that demands repercussions.
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-10-2017 at 01:56 PM.

  9. #19
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Past performance is no guarantee of future success. The GM and the head coach had a plan. The built a team to win in 2015 and 2016. We did well in 2015 but weren't as good as a handful of other NFL teams. 2016 the "all in year" the team was a mess. This year the team looks to be outright bad. We haven't drafted a QB and it looks like last years QB draft class might be excellent.

    If your argument is David Johnson, Humphries and Golden make this a playoff team that's reasonable. I can't blame the GM for injuries. I don't think we are a playoff team with those 3 players.

    Just because Keim did some great things when he had a couple of good drafts and cash, doesn't mean that will continue. Very often when you bring a new guy in they aren't married to the players on the team and can be dispassionate about what needs to be done. Once loyalty sets in the view is different.

    Personally I think being outmaneuvered in last years draft is going to hurt this team for a very long time. The contract that the badger got looks pretty bad and you have to wonder if that's why he made the trade up for Baker? The roster is thin and old.
    I disagree that the roster is thin. I don't see another team with much more depth than we have. But age and bad luck mixed with BA's stubbornness have made a mess of things.

    But even then Keim has at least earned some time to right the ship.

    And I would definitely argue that this team is a playoff team with DJ, Hump, and Golden (and Brown, Deone, Brewer, Nkemdiche, and Iupati). Injuries have been a curse. Especially on Oline. The loss of our entire left side utterly destroyed any semblance of chemistry. Which we all know is super important. Had Hump and Iupati stayed healthy we wouldn't be talking about the Oline NEAR as much. I totally agree that doesn't explain the train wreck on the right side. But Boone and Wetzel would be used to support that side. There's a real possibility that Wetzel could replace Boehm this year when Hump and Boone get back. What if that had happened week 2, or what if Boone was at RG?

    I have no doubt injuries have been a large factor in our slide. Especially on offense.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

  10. #20
    Raze's Avatar
    Raze is offline You cant handle the truth
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    No, but we can criticize him for the indefensible failures. This discussion has been had before but ill briefly recap it.


    - John Cooper was not a failure. That was an A+ draft pick. Completely valid and justified. The fact Coop busted couldnt be predicted by anyone. This was not a failure. This was out of his control.

    - Nkemdiche. Logan Thomas. Brandon Williams. Several more. Especially in the case of Nkemdiche and Williams, wasting a high draft pick on somebody who runs fast, but stinks at football, and then unsurprisingly busts, is an indefensible failure that demands repercussions.
    Sure, he has busts and bad decisions. But that's not my point at all. My point is that his busts and bad decisions should be weighed against other GM's busts and bad decisions.

    For example, Seattle. I can't make heads or tails of what they are doing with their drafts. Other than wisely trading away their 1sts, because they kept busting on them. Every year they have 400 picks and I can't tell you how many of them actually make the roster because I've never heard of most of them and can't keep track of that many players. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather have Nkemdiche, Logan, and Brandon PLUS all the good draft picks Keim has brought, over the 38 draft picks the Hawks have dug up over the last 4 years. (I swear some of those names are made up).

    Again, my point isn't that we shouldn't grind Keim's 5%. It's that we should compare it to everyone else's to get a fair view of his work.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •