Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Keim's Tenure

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    No, but we can criticize him for the indefensible failures. This discussion has been had before but ill briefly recap it.

- John Cooper was not a failure. That was an A+ draft pick. Completely valid and justified. The fact Coop busted couldnt be predicted by anyone. This was not a failure. This was out of his control.

- Nkemdiche. Logan Thomas. Brandon Williams. Several more. Especially in the case of Nkemdiche and Williams, wasting a high draft pick on somebody who runs fast, but stinks at football, and then unsurprisingly busts, is an indefensible failure that demands repercussions.
    I wasn’t high on the Nkemdiche pick either, but I’ll give Keim a slight pass because although Nkemdiche didn’t show much production at OM, he showed up for their big games. Still, wasn’t high at all on the pick at the time.

The Brandon Williams pick, on the other hand, was just atrocious in every sense of the word. Drafting a converted RB-to-CB, in which he didn’t show any promise at all that lone year as a CB in the 3rd round was just stupid as hell. I guarantee he would’ve been drafted in the late 6th round at best if Keim never drafted him. Most likely would’ve been a UDFA. I fear what their draft boards actually look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I disagree that the roster is thin. I don't see another team with much more depth than we have. But age and bad luck mixed with BA's stubbornness have made a mess of things.

But even then Keim has at least earned some time to right the ship.

And I would definitely argue that this team is a playoff team with DJ, Hump, and Golden (and Brown, Deone, Brewer, Nkemdiche, and Iupati). Injuries have been a curse. Especially on Oline. The loss of our entire left side utterly destroyed any semblance of chemistry. Which we all know is super important. Had Hump and Iupati stayed healthy we wouldn't be talking about the Oline NEAR as much. I totally agree that doesn't explain the train wreck on the right side. But Boone and Wetzel would be used to support that side. There's a real possibility that Wetzel could replace Boehm this year when Hump and Boone get back. What if that had happened week 2, or what if Boone was at RG?

I have no doubt injuries have been a large factor in our slide. Especially on offense.
    That's an argument for BA and Keim. BA's O would be top 5 based on that scenario. I think our D would still be lousy but I'm not a big proponent of undersized, speed and a DC that doesn't believe in basic containment.

Keim has shown enough capability for assembling talent to outlast the current coaching regime. . . . Keim is only as good as the current head coach; although, I like BA—he has not produced promising results circa '15.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    That's an argument for BA and Keim. BA's O would be top 5 based on that scenario. I think our D would still be lousy but I'm not a big proponent of undersized, speed and a DC that doesn't believe in basic containment.
    I miss Todd Bowles.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

I miss Todd Bowles.
    I think he was a big lose to the Cardinals and he took a couple of other coaches with him.

When it comes to BA and SK. I am closer to getting rid of BA than SK.

Let me be clear, I want the season to play out before I call for heads.

With BA...hes not gonna change...so this season will show if his philosophy is correct or not. If it is, we should at least end up at 8-8. If its worse than that, he's got to go. Asking for a 500 year is not asking too much for a good coach.

When it comes to SK, he's relatively young and still learning. In other words, he has a better chance to adapt and improve, were as BA is who he is.

I haven't given up on BA, but he's gonna have to show me....

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

My problem with SK is he has missed on too many top picks. DJH, jury is still out on this kid. He didn't exactly light it up last year. Now he can't get on the field because he is hurt. I also don't think you draft any 1st rounder other than a QB to sit his first year and grow up. That's a wasted year on a 1st rounder. Kinche is looking like a bust. This is two years now where our 1st rounder can't get on the field. More wasted time on a player.

I'll give SK a couple more years but he has to start hitting on those early picks. Other wise it's time for him to go also.

One playoff win is a pretty poor return considering where the Cardinals were set, following the excellent acquisition of Palmer.
    With drafts there has to be some leeway, but not taking Carr, to take a hybrid Safety/Linebacker is a whiff of major proportions.
    Not trading up for Watson, but trading up next day for a safety? Where is the logic? They could be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, but without the QBoF, its going to be more fruitless Januaries.

Seeing the struggles on D and seeing the effect Campbell is having in Jacksonville is gutting as well. It had to be a tough call, but one I think he got wrong.

I've stated from the get go, I hate the one year deals where a guy plays well and goes to be on another team, leaving the Cardinals nothing to show for it. Apart from a draft pick in the 20s.

BASK has been a period of underachievement and failure to reach the potential they had, especially in 2014/2015. The demise is very rapid. They've cleared the roster of guys drafted by Graves, and what is left? A sorry mess.

Time to move on was last January. I think Mike Bidwill stayed loyal, which is nice. But I would have rather they'd started afresh, and who knows, maybe Watson would be on the Cardinals roster and there would be hope for this season and the near future. Right now its looking like, maybe getting competitive again in the 2020s some time....maybe.
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 10-11-2017 at 02:40 AM.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    One playoff win is a pretty poor return considering where the Cardinals were set, following the excellent acquisition of Palmer.
    With drafts there has to be some leeway, but not taking Carr, to take a hybrid Safety/Linebacker is a whiff of major proportions.
    Not trading up for Watson, but trading up next day for a safety? Where is the logic? They could be Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, but without the QBoF, its going to be more fruitless Januaries.

Seeing the struggles on D and seeing the effect Campbell is having in Jacksonville is gutting as well. It had to be a tough call, but one I think he got wrong.

I've stated from the get go, I hate the one year deals where a guy plays well and goes to be on another team, leaving the Cardinals nothing to show for it. Apart from a draft pick in the 20s.

BASK has been a period of underachievement and failure to reach the potential they had, especially in 2014/2015. The demise is very rapid. They've cleared the roster of guys drafted by Graves, and what is left? A sorry mess.

Time to move on was last January. I think Mike Bidwill stayed loyal, which is nice. But I would have rather they'd started afresh, and who knows, maybe Watson would be on the Cardinals roster and there would be hope for this season and the near future. Right now its looking like, maybe getting competitive again in the 2020s some time....maybe.
    Is your avatar a broken record too? And pessimism still rules the day as well?

Your "dislike" for the 1 yr deals only has 1 foundation, your limited opinion of it's effectiveness. That many other do not share.

They've cleared the roster of guys drafted by Graves, and what is left? A sorry mess.
    Ah a Graves supporter, that's okay. But there is Plenty left and added after his tenure. The "sorry mess" is your own speculation over a situation caused by injuries to key players. Not from a lack of talent.

No NS can't agree with your assessment or it's base for blame.

JosEPh

I miss Todd Bowles.
    Raze -- what do you think of Goodwin as OL coach ?? I see that J. Cooper graded out very well this past week according to PFF -- https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...las-cowboys-31 -- you can also see Jahri Evans was the highest OL and he was available at beginning of season. I am not sure between BA's complicated offense and Goodwin as OL coach that development of young OL is being optimized.

Still is upsetting that L'ael Collins was available in 7th round for a team that desperately needed OL help.