Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN article about BA and player prep on road....

Default ESPN article about BA and player prep on road....

Why is this happening with the oldest team in the NFL??? I thought all of these veterans were brought in for leadership. If players are not using free time to prep that's an issue and maybe these coaches are slowly losing players.

Remember, you're not a leader if you don't have any followers.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-car...d-trips-wisely

Quote Originally Posted by CashT1874 View Post
    Why is this happening with the oldest team in the NFL??? I thought all of these veterans were brought in for leadership. If players are not using free time to prep that's an issue and maybe these coaches are slowly losing players.

Remember, you're not a leader if you don't have any followers.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-car...d-trips-wisely
    Being a professional is more than wearing a tie in transit.

If we had guys who could block and tackle while hung over from an on the road bender this wouldn't be an issue. We have guys who can't do either. Film won't fix that. You think Lawrence Taylor was watching film on the road?
    Last edited by Biggs; 10-10-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    If we had guys who could block and tackle while hung over from an on the road bender this wouldn't be an issue. We have guys who can't do either. Film won't fix that. You think Lawrence Taylor was watching film on the road?
    No but he might have been sampling some of the area's best yeyo.

I keep getting back to NFL success being won or lost on the margin. The difference between the top team and the bottom team is almost certainly smaller than most people think. If peeking at film to try to find that one last edge is what it takes, that's what it takes.

One thing I'll say about The Whisperer is that he sends a mixed message to the players with his "it ain't that difficult" schtick about having his coaching staff home in time for dinner. If it ain't that difficult for the coaches, how can it be that difficult for the players? Hang out in the room and spend a few hours looking for an edge or chilling out with old friends? Hey, it ain't that difficult, I'm all set!

Similar to the stretching thing. BA expect players to just be pro's.

Unfortunately thats not reality. You have to babysit these guys. They are 6'3, 250 pound, multi millionaire children. You must force them to study, to lift, to eat, to sleep, to be a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Unfortunately thats not reality. You have to babysit these guys. They are 6'3, 250 pound, multi millionaire children. You must force them to study, to lift, to eat, to sleep, to be a professional.
    You're right, and that's very sad. I say that from the perspective of a 50+ year old guy who has to babysit the young "professionals" of today.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    No but he might have been sampling some of the area's best yeyo.

I keep getting back to NFL success being won or lost on the margin. The difference between the top team and the bottom team is almost certainly smaller than most people think. If peeking at film to try to find that one last edge is what it takes, that's what it takes.

One thing I'll say about The Whisperer is that he sends a mixed message to the players with his "it ain't that difficult" schtick about having his coaching staff home in time for dinner. If it ain't that difficult for the coaches, how can it be that difficult for the players? Hang out in the room and spend a few hours looking for an edge or chilling out with old friends? Hey, it ain't that difficult, I'm all set!
    We have been losing games in the trenches not the margin. We are vastly out talented. If the players had taken naps, done extra homework, got a good night sleep and had a great morning bowel movement the Eagles would still have crushed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

...for your entertainment?

I bet your work ethic is impeccable and would dare anyone to look over your shoulder all day.

Bruce loves to hold everyone else accountable except him and his coaching staff.

A poor design cannot be executed well. A well designed but poorly coached play cannot be executed well.

Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by VOR View Post
    ...for your entertainment?

I bet your work ethic is impeccable and would dare anyone to look over your shoulder all day.

Bruce loves to hold everyone else accountable except him and his coaching staff.

A poor design cannot be executed well. A well designed but poorly coached play cannot be executed well.

Get off your high horse.
    Nah, I belong up here because I deserve to be. My work ethic is in fact impeccable. Back to work peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    We have been losing games in the trenches not the margin. We are vastly out talented. If the players had taken naps, done extra homework, got a good night sleep and had a great morning bowel movement the Eagles would still have crushed us.
    I don't dispute that at all, I was speaking in a much broader sense. Attention to detail, that kind of stuff. The journey, not the destination. I think I got that metaphor right.