Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: ESPN article about BA and player prep on road....

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I don't dispute that at all, I was speaking in a much broader sense. Attention to detail, that kind of stuff. The journey, not the destination. I think I got that metaphor right.
    There's no question that our D and special teams looks out of position on a lot of plays. My gut is if we don't get that fixed before we leave, film isn't going to do it. There's no question we have way to many basic containment issues. Part of the journey is teammates should enjoy themselves on the road. I get that our team needs a lot of work. We have a lot of veteran players and it seems like we don't have a lot of leadership in the locker room. I think some of the road trip study has to be indoctrinated by the leaders on the team. The coaching staff has to do their job when they are at practice. If guys don't do the homework and aren't performing change the locker room.

    I think we are quickly coming to the point where a new staff and lots of new players will be part of the mix. Hopefully the new staff and players develop a professional approach that works. I do think talent needs to be allowed to blow off steam and get away from the game a little during the season. What's going on now is a hot mess. How it gets fixed, if it can get fixed is anyone's guess. Once the coaches and the players in leadership positions lose the team, you have to change the coaches and leaders.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    There's no question that our D and special teams looks out of position on a lot of plays. My gut is if we don't get that fixed before we leave, film isn't going to do it. There's no question we have way to many basic containment issues. Part of the journey is teammates should enjoy themselves on the road. I get that our team needs a lot of work. We have a lot of veteran players and it seems like we don't have a lot of leadership in the locker room. I think some of the road trip study has to be indoctrinated by the leaders on the team. The coaching staff has to do their job when they are at practice. If guys don't do the homework and aren't performing change the locker room.

    I think we are quickly coming to the point where a new staff and lots of new players will be part of the mix. Hopefully the new staff and players develop a professional approach that works. I do think talent needs to be allowed to blow off steam and get away from the game a little during the season. What's going on now is a hot mess. How it gets fixed, if it can get fixed is anyone's guess. Once the coaches and the players in leadership positions lose the team, you have to change the coaches and leaders.
    Agreed, providing they did the necessary work up to that point. Maybe that's what's missing.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Nah, I belong up here because I deserve to be. My work ethic is in fact impeccable. Back to work peasant.

    Lol.... Jeez man.. The board wouldn't be the same without you lol

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's prep or conditioning ...as I don't think I've ever seen an O line get whooooooooped so bad play after play by EVERY team.
    The O lineman are being thrown like rag dolls by an angry dog.
    They are either not ready at all or simply FAT and OUT OF SHAPE...this goes well beyond technique.

    I do blame coaching and ownership with Veldheer. Veldheer was a top PFF player every year at LT....he simply CAN NOT play RT....yet they leave him there.
    When it doesn't work....why keep pounding a square peg into a round hole. At some point you stop blaming the kid and blame the parents for allowing it to continue.

    They are essentialy trying to tell a + .300 batter all his life right handed to now bat left handed...and he's batting .075 and they refuse to put him back to batting right handed....why? They want DJ at LT....because of his draft position....not because it fits the team best.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 10-11-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Owner

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    I'm not sure if it's prep or conditioning ...as I don't think I've ever seen an O line get whooooooooped so bad play after play by EVERY team.
    The O lineman are being thrown like rag dolls by an angry dog.
    They are either not ready at all or simply FAT and OUT OF SHAPE...this goes well beyond technique.

    I do blame coaching and ownership with Veldheer. Veldheer was a top PFF player every year at LT....he simply CAN NOT play RT....yet they leave him there.
    When it doesn't work....why keep pounding a square peg into a round hole. At some point you stop blaming the kid and blame the parents for allowing it to continue.

    They are essentialy trying to tell a + .300 batter all his life right handed to now bat left handed...and he's batting .075 and they refuse to put him back to batting right handed....why? They want DJ at LT....because of his draft position....not because it fits the team best.
    It fits somewhere in here:

    1. The guys brought in can't play. Coach them, yell at them, encourage them. They just can't do it. What do you get when you train an idiot? A well-trained idiot. Fault = GM.
    2. The guys brought in can play, they have talent, some catch on quicker than others but there's hope for all of them. The ones that are serviceable don't get better. Fault = Coaching staff.

    Now comes the hard part. Do we have a collection of stiffs or people who can get better with proper coaching? i'd guess the answer is yes.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAngelG View Post
    Lol.... Jeez man.. The board wouldn't be the same without you lol


    Meanwhile

    Maybe we should hire this Temple graduate as a TV reporter for the Cardinal sidelines. Great work ethic
    and she knows her limits Wow!
    Warning offensive language:

    http://nypost.com/2017/06/07/fired-t...olent-threats/

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Meanwhile

    Maybe we should hire this Temple graduate as a TV reporter for the Cardinal sidelines. Great work ethic
    and she knows her limits Wow!
    Warning offensive language:

    http://nypost.com/2017/06/07/fired-t...olent-threats/
    Alcohol is a heckuva drug!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    We have been losing games in the trenches not the margin. We are vastly out talented. If the players had taken naps, done extra homework, got a good night sleep and had a great morning bowel movement the Eagles would still have crushed us.
    did you watch the game?

    Did you see anything that resembled effort?

    The tackling was atrocious!!!

    This type of loss is very worrisome.

    Does BA still have this lockeroom.

    It's a legit question now.
    season ticket holder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •