Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Paradise? Possible return of another lost son

I wonder if the Giants would have any interest in a 3 time special teams pro bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    switch
    My bad...

Well now it's an indefinite suspension don't think that relationship can be fixed. I am sure teams are making offers for him. No matter what he should not have left the sideline but sometimes these athletes make dumb decisions. As much as I think getting him would help the D moving forward My two biggest concerns for our team is that oline and which young Qb do we get. Ijust don't want to make a move and hurt us improving this team for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Well now it's an indefinite suspension don't think that relationship can be fixed. I am sure teams are making offers for him. No matter what he should not have left the sideline but sometimes these athletes make dumb decisions. As much as I think getting him would help the D moving forward My two biggest concerns for our team is that oline and which young Qb do we get. Ijust don't want to make a move and hurt us improving this team for a long time to come.
    CB is just as big of a need as OL or QB, we just dont immediately notice it. At this point im thinking "future". And in that regard, we 100% need a CB and alot of other positions.

Our deathly dire needs next year are:

- QB
    - LG
    - RG
    - RT
    - CB
    - DL
    - K probably
    - HC hopefully

If we can get DRC, thatll plug our CB need with a very good player for at least 2 years. Those 2 years spent drafting and FA-signing those 7 other positions. Take as much burden off ourselves as possible. Theres an opportunity to solve that problem, of our many problems, on the table now, lets grab it.

As Forrest Gump says "1 less thang"
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-13-2017 at 08:53 AM.

A new HC may very well not believe in our Defensive system of hybrid speed guys all over the field and press coverage. Baker can and should be providing deep help to Bethel. He isn't. We have a hybrid S/LB in DBuch who can't cover anyone. I suspect if we hire a good HC, the entire philosophy of our D is going to change radically. I don't think we should give up any draft picks until the new HC/GM is in place. This team isn't going to be good this year. It's at best a 500 team. Stop trading picks for fingers in the dyke. The team is going to be reevaluated by a new HC and possibly new GM. Don't let these guys trade pieces we might need.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    A new HC may very well not believe in our Defensive system of hybrid speed guys all over the field and press coverage. Baker can and should be providing deep help to Bethel. He isn't. We have a hybrid S/LB in DBuch who can't cover anyone. I suspect if we hire a good HC, the entire philosophy of our D is going to change radically. I don't think we should give up any draft picks until the new HC/GM is in place. This team isn't going to be good this year. It's at best a 500 team. Stop trading picks for fingers in the dyke. The team is going to be reevaluated by a new HC and possibly new GM. Don't let these guys trade pieces we might need.
    That is textbook hoarder mentality. "Im going to hold onto this because it might be useful in the future".

- the "might" situation youre referring to is if BA is gone. Realistically, chances are extremely low. Id say 10% chance BA retires. He is absolutely not getting fired, period. We should not be making decisions based on 10% probabilities.

- Acquiring DRC might take a 4th rounder. Maybe 3rd tops, but extremely unlikely. Guy is suspended from the team and has a big contract. Giants have almost no leverage; otherwise just keeping and paying a guy to not play and poison the lockeroom.

- DRC is better than any player we can use that pick on. 4th round? DRC is obviously better than Dorian Johnson. 3rd Round? DRC has a significant probability of also being better than whoever wed take there, considering we wasted last years on the likes of Chad Williams.

- Keim is not a great drafter. He is very good with trades and free agents. So we should minimize his draft decisions and maximize his FA/Trade decisions.

- As said, we have 100 holes to fill in the next 3 years. Why not fill 1 of them with a very good, proven player? It allows you to focus on the other needs.
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-13-2017 at 10:41 AM.

That is textbook hoarder mentality. "Im going to hold onto this because it might be useful in the future".

- the "might" situation youre referring to is if BA is gone. Realistically, chances are extremely low. Id say 10% chance BA retires. He is absolutely not getting fired, period. We should not be making decisions based on 10% probabilities.

- Acquiring DRC might take a 4th rounder. Maybe 3rd tops, but extremely unlikely. Guy is suspended from the team and has a big contract. Giants have almost no leverage; otherwise just keeping and paying a guy to not play and poison the lockeroom.

- DRC is better than any player we can use that pick on. 4th round? DRC is obviously better than Dorian Johnson. 3rd Round? DRC has a significant probability of also being better than whoever wed take there, considering we wasted last years on the likes of Chad Williams.

- Keim is not a great drafter. He is very good with trades and free agents. So we should minimize his draft decisions and maximize his FA/Trade decisions.

- As said, we have 100 holes to fill in the next 3 years. Why not fill 1 of them with a very good, proven player? It allows you to focus on the other needs.
    Iím open to going after DRC but everyone here always leaves out the part where a 4th round rookie is extremely cheap for 3-4 years while a proven vet like DRC will cost $5-10 million per year against the cap, and you only have him under contract for 1 1/2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Iím open to going after DRC but everyone here always leaves out the part where a 4th round rookie is extremely cheap for 3-4 years while a proven vet like DRC will cost $5-10 million per year against the cap, and you only have him under contract for 1 1/2 yrs.
    Dont worry about the cap. We'll have cash to burn and wont be competitive. Per the CBA we must spend money. Might as well be on a huge need. A 2 year rental is perfect considering we are in a full blown 3 year rebuild.

Also we dont want to find ourselves in a Suns situation. Where we have too many rookies. Plug the CB #2 job with DRC for 2 years while you fill all these other holes, and then in 2-3 years go find a young CB#2.

Lets rebuild this team, but do it right. Rotate youngsters in behind vets. Dont just cut all vets and then draft 50 rooks. DRC will allow us to find and develop the youngsters.

Also we dont want to find ourselves in a Suns situation. Where we have too many rookies.
    Not to get off-topic, but I think the Suns are absolutely doing the right thing, since NOBODY outside the Bay area is winning a title until the Warriors break up in 2020.

One more year of being really lousy, and they will be in prime position to build around a 23-year-old Booker, a 22-year-old Jackson, and a guy like Bagley.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Not to get off-topic, but I think the Suns are absolutely doing the right thing, since NOBODY outside the Bay area is winning a title until the Warriors break up in 2020.

One more year of being really lousy, and they will be in prime position to build around a 23-year-old Booker, a 22-year-old Jackson, and a guy like Bagley.
    Yup the Suns are doing it right.. People forget Golden State drafted Curry, Thompson , and Green .. Yeah they picked up Kevin Durant in free agency but the other 3 were all drafted by Golden State. My son plays club basketball and what not so I know Bagley and have seen him play. That kid was ready for the NBA when he was 15.. The NBA lottery is rigged though. Suns should have had the second pick but for some reason with the odds really against them The Lakers landed the pick...