Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BA "Peterson will only play on 1st and 2nd downs"

Default BA "Peterson will only play on 1st and 2nd downs"

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikejurec...859668993?s=09

So we brought in a guy that can only play on certain downs and we tell people about it. I really wish coaches would be vanilla when it comes to certain things.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post

So we brought in a guy that can only play on certain downs and we tell people about it. I really wish coaches would be vanilla when it comes to certain things.
    Maybe we should put Peterson's jersey on Ellington so the other team won't know we changed personal?

That was already the expectation, but I did find it odd to announce that publically. What benefit is that to us? The team knows. AP knows. Fan expect that. Opponents expect that.

Thats like saying "On all 3rd and longs we will throw the ball". Well yeah, we expect you will, but why the public verification?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    That was already the expectation, but I did find it odd to announce that publically. What benefit is that to us? The team knows. AP knows. Fan expect that. Opponents expect that.

Thats like saying "On all 3rd and longs we will throw the ball". Well yeah, we expect you will, but why the public verification?
    If Ellington is the third down back and reports in the D knows it. Ellington can run the ball, block or go out and catch the ball. AP can only run the ball. Replacing AP with Ellington puts more pressure on the D not less. That's if AP can actually run the ball at this point? If he can't having him in on 1st and 2nd down is going to be a downgrade from CJ who at least could block and take a swing pass.

Don't question The Whisperer! It's almost certainly a ploy to throw the opposition off guard on 1st and 2nd downs, where Peterson serves as a decoy and Palmer throws a jump ball to the most diminutive receiver on the field for the Cardinals. Of course assuming Palmer remains upright long enough to get the throw off.

Genius, I tell you, GENIUS!

Sounds about right. I can totally see us having a 3rd and 1 and instead of letting AP fight for the first we go shotgun and throw a fade to John Brown or draw play with Ellington. Maybe a double reverse screen to KW. Typical BA play calling.
    Last edited by OG Card; 10-13-2017 at 08:59 AM.

IF it's third and one who you gonna call?

I'm pretty sure AP's only value will be third and one where his "violent" running style will get that one yard.

The guy has never pass blocked in his career.

He cant catch out of the backfield.

He will be an impressive decoy on first and second down.

Genius BA.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post

Opponents will look at that statement and say - yeah, right.
    File it away in the Head Coach Tells Lies file.
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 10-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Twickers bound.

We are rarely in 3rd and shorts. Down and distance dictates that. 3rd and 4 wouldn't be a running play obviously. 3rd and 1, run it
    "It's OUR Time"

1st & 2nd downs only? Wat??? Drive AP like a rental car. Does BA want to win, or keep polishing brass on the Titanic?
    Last edited by Herr Eickhorn; 10-13-2017 at 09:12 PM.