Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Go-With-Gabbert Thread***

Thumbs up ***The Go-With-Gabbert Thread***

Rather than a thread to bash Stanton, how about a place to support Gabbert?

So here it is.

I dont believe in completely writing off a guy based on his performance elsewhere. Kurt Warner was terrible on the Giants. Potential MVP Alex Smith was terrible on the 49ers. Just because Gabbert had a less-than-stellar career with the Jags, doesnt mean hes a lost cause.

Based on his limited pre season reps in AZs system, here are some notable reasons to go-with-Gabbert.

1. Composure in the pocket. More than anything, I was stunned how how calm he seemed with chaos around him.

2. Running ability. Adds a 3rd dimension to an offense that we dont have. How many more 3rd downs do we get per game with Gabbert running? Alot.

3. Accuracy. I dont know if it holds up long term, but he looked sharp out there.

4. Not Stanton. I made it 3 points without attacking Stanton, Im proud of the accomplishment.

5. Gives us a chance to look at the future. *Hes not the future. But he will allow us to not make rash decisions in the draft, by knowing what we have.
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-23-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Rather than a thread to bash Stanton, how about a place to support Gabbert?

So here it is.

I dont believe in completely writing off a guy based on his performance elsewhere. Kurt Warner was terrible on the Giants. Potential MVP Alex Smith was terrible on the 49ers. Just because Gabbert had a less-than-stellar career with the Jags, doesnt mean hes a lost cause.

Based on his limited pre season reps in AZs system, here are some notable reasons to go-with-Gabbert.

1. Composure in the pocket. More than anything, I was stunned how how calm he seemed with chaos around him.

2. Running ability. Adds a 3rd dimension to an offense that we dont have. How many more 3rd downs do we get per game with Gabbert running? Alot.

3. Accuracy. I dont know if it holds up long term, but he looked sharp out there.

4. Not Stanton. I made it 3 points without attacking Stanton, Im proud of the accomplishment.

5. Gives us a chance to look at the future. *Hes not the future. But he will allow us to not make rash decisions in the draft, by knowing what we have.
    4. is all the reason anyone needs.

Im interested in seeing what Gabbert can do. I'll go to the games.
    I know what Stanton can do. Not interested in that. I'll donate em but have no interest in watchin this team with Stanton.

We know what Gabbert is.He is a back up QB..same as Stanton.

Honestly doesn't matter who plays at this point.The losses are going to rack up.Gabbert is a bust and is kind of crazy to hear people speak about the future with him involved.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

He will start, just not soon enough.

Whoever the QB is the CArdinals will still stink.. They were lucky to win 5 games with a healthy Palmer and now Stanton or Gabbert.. Season is dunzo !

Gabbert deserves a shot. His legs could buy some of the time our offense needs to get a spark. Not to run all of the time, but to just get out of the pocket.

Levi Brown wont agree, but many teams have taken the path we're suggesting.

"It's just football, it isn't that hard..." BA
    STH SINCE '88

Iíll watch if Gabbert plays, just because I donít like watching reruns of bad episodes of shows I like. If itís a new bad episode, Iíll sit through it and hope next weekís is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Iíll watch if Gabbert plays, just because I donít like watching reruns of bad episodes of shows I like. If itís a new bad episode, Iíll sit through it and hope next weekís is better.
    youll watch no matter who plays, cmon now. We are addicted.

Kind of like those people who say theyll boycott the NFL because of the kneeling protests. OK bucko. Whatre you gonna do instead? Read a book? You aint going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post

Aww come on DH die a slow death like the rest of us!

DH in December Cardinals down 51-7 4th Qrtr 1:30 to go 4th qrtr.

DH Come on give to AP let him get that 100 yards rushing
    or Throw to Fitz let him go out BIG TIME with a TD.

Or but aren't they out of it?
    YES but I got to see if they get the number one PICK TANK IT TANK IT!