Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Go-With-Gabbert Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Aww come on DH die a slow death like the rest of us!

DH in December Cardinals down 51-7 4th Qrtr 1:30 to go 4th qrtr.

DH Come on give to AP let him get that 100 yards rushing
    or Throw to Fitz let him go out BIG TIME with a TD.

Or but aren't they out of it?
    YES but I got to see if they get the number one PICK TANK IT TANK IT!
    It is very early, but who are you thinking you want with the number 1 pick? Side note, they can lose out and probably still donít get number 1 overall pick.

It's the perfect scenario at this point. Starting Blaine would give him half the year to see what he can do for us. If he sucks we get a higher draft pick and can maybe go after a QB. If he's good or great even then he's our guy and we will get a lower pick so we could add an OLine guy or WR.

I have said this elsewhere, if BA doesn't start Blaine the rest of the year then BA should be convinced by the brass to retire now. But, there isn't anybody who can take his place...convince Gruden? Maybe that QB coach, "the black fella" a little Jerry McGuire reference there ( forget his name but he was getting a lot of Kudo's before the season started ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    youll watch no matter who plays, cmon now. We are addicted.

Kind of like those people who say theyll boycott the NFL because of the kneeling protests. OK bucko. Whatre you gonna do instead? Read a book? You aint going anywhere.
    I’ll have it on, but I won’t be watching much. I’ll be reading a book. I’ve done it before, just not the last four years.

Edit: Also, I don’t think those who will boycott the NFL are represented in fan message boards. There are maybe a few hundred of us on this board? It’s the other end of the fan spectrum that will leave first, and it’s happening. I know a bunch of them.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 10-23-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    It is very early, but who are you thinking you want with the number 1 pick? Side note, they can lose out and probably still don’t get number 1 overall pick.
    I agree with you we will win too many games to get the top pick.

I have no favorite just yet! I will message it to you when I do.

Here is a Thread I started a few weeks ago:

Way too early to speculate on what will happen in the draft.
    But if we do well or do enough to keep ourselves out of the hunt
    for a top 5 pick. Things could change. Odds are we will not get a high
    pick without giving up a lot to get there. Will we have to go for another position? I.E. CB, WR, OT

Long ago I posted a link to an article that Stanton will be given his shot
    at the starting QB once CP retires. BA is stubborn enough to stay on this course.

Don't rule Gabbert Out of the Picture. I would love for him to come
    out and haunt the teams who gave up on him.

Here is a link to the Azcentral.com article on an Early Mock Draft:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...n-z/773425001/

Before we draft we need to know what the 49ers might be doing since I am sure
    they will draft ahead of us.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10...nfl-evaluators

If we go deep in the playoffs A player like CB Tavarus Mcfadden FSU or WR James Washington Oklahoma ST. will fill
    a big hole.

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 10-23-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Iíll have it on, but I wonít be watching much. Iíll be reading a book. Iíve done it before, just not the last four years.

Edit: Also, I donít think those who will boycott the NFL are represented in fan message boards. There are maybe a few hundred of us on this board? Itís the other end of the fan spectrum that will leave first, and itís happening. I know a bunch of them.
    i Know quiet a few that have quit watching as well...not hard core fans,but fans just the same
    Me..? if stanton is running the O i won`t make it a point to watch games..say the lawn needs mowed or leaves need raking..or my pet cockroach needs walking I`ll go do it....if BG is under center i will put those things aside till after the game(for awhile anyway..lol)
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i Know quiet a few that have quit watching as well...not hard core fans,but fans just the same
    Me..? if stanton is running the O i won`t make it a point to watch games..say the lawn needs mowed or leaves need raking..or my pet cockroach needs walking I`ll go do it....if BG is under center i will put those things aside till after the game(for awhile anyway..lol)

Come on RIM You gotta give Stanton his shot!

And if it comes down to Gabbert you will give him ay least 3 quarters in a game right?

Then back to raking and walking roaches.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    I am more politically conservative than 98% of the population, so take my opinion with that in mind. I have quit watching any NFL except Cardinal games (with some very brief exceptions). The protest and the NFL's mishandling of the entire situation, Michael Bennet's arrest and subsequent use of "police brutality" to describe the situation was a complete embarrassment and the league has never said boo about their mistake of immediately backing his story. The idiocy of the players union (Richard Sherman's comments on NFL vs. NBA salaries should nullify his Stanford diploma). The never ending trail of player arrests. Roger's lack of a clue and generally bad football have led me to cut my viewing by probably 75%. I got NFL ticket for free this year, or I wouldn't have renewed that package either.

I almost never watch ESPN because they've gone off the deep end and the NFL seems determined to follow them. And the NBA, where Adam Silver said he wants the players to be more active in social causes. Why is that Adam? Well, you're an idiot for one and secondly, you're a flaming liberal and you know your players will, for the most part, be socially active in liberal causes. If a bunch of players decided to protest abortion or SSM, I'm sure Mr. Silver would be less than thrilled. I'll take my sports with little to no social activism, thank you very much.

Anyway, the NFL is dying the death of a thousand cuts, IMO.

And Gabbert should start.
    Last edited by OJ Anderson; 10-23-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

I've been watching Blaine Gabbert going back to his college days(huge Missou fan) and the only reason anyone might want him as a starter is sheer desperation. He's the same player he was back in college, same flaws and similar tendencies. He absolutely looks the part of a franchise QB, he talks the part, he just lacks the ability. Otherwise he's a QB right out of central casting, good looking guy, big frame, big arm, athletic, a scout's wet dream of a QB.

This is what you can expect out of Blaine Gabbert.

A. Excellent practice player. Gabbert throughout his career has routinely killed it in practice and the preseason. He says all the right things and coaches have raved about his ability to read defenses and know exactly where to go with the football. He makes good timely throws and puts the ball right on the money. Great guy in the film room, highly intelligent, seems to have it all going right for him.

B. Tremendous athlete. Compared to Stanton and especially Palmer, Gabbert is a gazelle. He can get out and run away from defenders, pick up huge chunks of yards with his feet. That ability to run is a dimension that teams have to take into consideration when defending against him.

C. Falls apart under actual game conditions. Once the games start for real, for numerous reasons, Gabbert tends to fall apart. He might be fine for awhile and make some big plays but the first time someone puts him into the dirt you can see him try to accelerate his whole throwing process, his footwork falls apart, he starts throwing off his back foot, he panics and starts leaving the pocket early, he often underthrows open receivers because he's not throwing from a stable platform. Interceptions can come in bunches because he's just trying to gun the football out of there in an attempt to avoid the pass rush.

D. Gets all moody and pouts when he does mess up ala Cam Newton. Didn't earn the nickname "Blame" for no reason though he seems to have matured in recent years.

You can say that he's struggled on some poor teams with Jacksonville and San Francisco and you'd be right but he was a major reason for his own struggles. The guy just doesn't function at all under pressure. You get pass rushers anywhere within 5 feet of him and that is all she wrote. Here come the happy feet, the off-target throws and poor decision-making. Composure goes out the window and he winds up becoming an interception machine. There is nothing magical about Bruce's system that is going to make Gabbert stop being Gabbert. His issues with performing under pressure are so well ingrained at this point that I don't see anything changing them.

None of this is an endorsement of Stanton who can't hit the broadside of the barn consistently. I've never understood Bruce's infatuation with him aside from knowing the offense and being a nice guy. I just think that with either one of these guys the team is screwed and will have to hope that they can run and defense their way into victories in spite of the quarterbacking.

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    I've been watching Blaine Gabbert going back to his college days(huge Missou fan) and the only reason anyone might want him as a starter is sheer desperation. He's the same player he was back in college, same flaws and similar tendencies. He absolutely looks the part of a franchise QB, he talks the part, he just lacks the ability. Otherwise he's a QB right out of central casting, good looking guy, big frame, big arm, athletic, a scout's wet dream of a QB.

A. Excellent practice player. Gabbert throughout his career has routinely killed it in practice and the preseason. He says all the right things and coaches have raved about his ability to read defenses and know exactly where to go with the football. He makes good timely throws and puts the ball right on the money. Great guy in the film room, highly intelligent, seems to have it all going right for him.

B. Tremendous athlete. Compared to Stanton and especially Palmer, Gabbert is a gazelle. He can get out and run away from defenders, pick up huge chunks of yards with his feet. That ability to run is a dimension that teams have to take into consideration when defending against him.

C. Falls apart under actual game conditions. Once the games start for real, for numerous reasons, Gabbert tends to fall apart. He might be fine for awhile and make some big plays but the first time someone puts him into the dirt you can see him try to accelerate his whole throwing process, his footwork falls apart, he starts throwing off his back foot, he panics and starts leaving the pocket early, he often underthrows open receivers because he's not throwing from a stable platform. Interceptions can come in bunches because he's just trying to gun the football out of there in an attempt to avoid the pass rush.

D. Gets all moody and pouts when he does mess up ala Cam Newton. Didn't earn the nickname "Blame" for no reason though he seems to have matured in recent years.

You can say that he's struggled on some poor teams with Jacksonville and San Francisco and you'd be right but he was a major reason for his own struggles. The guy just doesn't function at all under pressure. You get pass rushers anywhere within 5 feet of him and that is all she wrote. Here come the happy feet, the off-target throws and poor decision-making. Composure goes out the window and he winds up becoming an interception machine. There is nothing magical about Bruce's system that is going to make Gabbert stop being Gabbert. His issues with performing under pressure are so well ingrained at this point that I don't see anything changing them.

None of this is an endorsement of Stanton who can't hit the broadside of the barn consistently. I've never understood Bruce's infatuation with him aside from knowing the offense and being a nice guy. I just think that with either one of these guys the team is screwed and will have to hope that they can run and defense their way into victories in spite of the quarterbacking.
    Yes, but now he works for The Whisperer. The Whisperer can turn a pile of mush into an all-pro NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post

Yup........What he said..........Rimrockcard approves this message
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting