Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Arians replacement next year

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    He whispered to Big Ben, Andrew Luck and now to CP.

I have no problem with him Coaching up a prime talent given his record.

I do, if he has any say in drafting a QB. Correct me if wrong, but doesn't the record show he stumbled into Ben
    and Luck as QBs? That is not the same as picking one to draft and groom. Additionally, it is nearly sure that we
    will not be in a position to draft the top talent in 2018, and would have to settle for who is available when we pick.

BA's only pick was Logan Thomas, and all the whispering or shouting in the world couldn't make a QB out of him.
    That slim record makes his "coaching up a prime talent" a bet with lousy odds IMHO, and could well make it harder
    for the next head coach with a different approach.

Feel free to hold your opinion, though. No crime in disagreeing - yet.
    Last edited by Knobby; 11-17-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: replaced "will" with "would"

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    if they try to convince me that we are making 1 more shot at a SB with the current cast ...I`ll...I`ll...***............that ship sailed in 2015 with some character kicking bricks off the bow
    There are some here that love to Wallow in mediocrity,I`m not one of them...If it don`t work.....FIX it
    2018 will be more like one more shot at a .500 record before the iceberg hits in 2019.

Default Thinking Outside the Box

Not a conventional HC change of command idea but it retains current coaching wisdom....SK hires a much younger version of BA, someone that is a 21st century play innovator and a player motivator and that can be the HC for 15-20 years...BA agrees to a 'reassignment' as the OC full-time until he finally retires with Tom Moore in 2025 or so.

All you mind reader sarcastic no Brainers can take a hike don't you rain on my parade signed Joseph. Joseph before you go off the deep end and put me on the bad mods list. I am with ya, I think this can be a positive thing one more time for us good ol boys getting up in age.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 11-18-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    if they try to convince me that we are making 1 more shot at a SB with the current cast ...I`ll...I`ll...***............that ship sailed in 2015 with some character kicking bricks off the bow
    There are some here that love to Wallow in mediocrity,I`m not one of them...If it don`t work.....FIX it
    You better say that
    "It's OUR Time"

I can just see Amos, BA and Stanton on the river boat drinking this summer.

Amos "Bruce how did you manage to get another year milking this thing for all of us".

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by 11andCounting View Post
    I would like Harbaugh too, especially if he could bring Fangio back as his DC. I would love to see Feeley as a ST coach via the Michigan connection.
    I would go crazy. I respect Harbaugh and I wanted Fangio to replace Todd
    "It's OUR Time"