Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians replacement next year

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I will when you do oney. And who are you to be giving out nicknames anyway? What makes you special?

JosEPh
    I declared myself the Lord of Specialness. I even made myself a certificate, framed it and put in on my wall.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I declared myself the Lord of Specialness. I even made myself a certificate, framed it and put in on my wall.
    yeah but...you need a Book to prove it
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

I will when you do oney. And who are you to be giving out nicknames anyway? What makes you special?

JosEPh

Said Mr. Dividend.

BA and Amos are dug in like Alabama ticks. Said he ain't going no where.

Default I Can See a BA/Keim Battle Looming

I don't see Keim being particularly patient with this team and coaching staff if the next 9 games go like the first 7. He was already talking about shaking things up when the team lost to the Eagles. Imagine what he will be thinking if we go 5-11/6-10?

Where I see the BA/Keim relationship going south is two potential areas:

1. Blaine Gabbert. If BA continues to throw Stanton out there and he's ineffective, BA is making Keim's life that much more difficult. With no playoff berth coming, I'm sure SK would like to see Gabbert start a few games and get some idea if he should be in the mix for 2018. If Stanton goes the distance, or until week 17 when Carson comes back, where does that leave things? Keim will probably let Carson walk, and he will probably not agree with BA that Stanton should be the starter in '18. Any possibility of evaluating Gabbert is out the window because of BA's fiction with Drew. I could see the two going toe to toe on this one.

2. The end of the BA era will not come about because of just the players, but his coaching staff. BA is stubborn to a fault in his defense of his staff. Keim's way too impatient to allow BA to keep his staff in tact for another year. What happens when SK tells BA he wants changes at the following positions:

-OL/OC
    -DC
    -DL
    -ST

I'm thinking SK is thinking this way. Goodwin's star has fallen. He is supposed to teach up the Oline and once again they are a disaster. Every OLine has injuries but Goodwin can't seem to get a unit that can play well together. They also don't play with an edge.

I also think Bettcher should be on the hot seat and I think Keim will agree. There's way too much talent for the defense to play solid for half a game and then play swiss cheese defense the other half. The zone scheme has resulted in a bunch of blunders in the secondary. The DLine is underperforming. We are horrible at 3rd down stops. If things don't pick up for the D Bettcher could be another coach SK talks to BA about.

Finally our buddy Amos. Another awful year of special teams will lead to SK insisting on Amos being fired. I can make a case BA, being his stubborn self will fight the above coaching changes Keim will want. It will I predict lead to the Head Coach resigning rather than firing his guys. Thus the BA era will come to an end after the 2017 season.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it."
    George Castanza

Quote Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
    I don't see Keim being particularly patient with this team and coaching staff if the next 9 games go like the first 7. He was already talking about shaking things up when the team lost to the Eagles. Imagine what he will be thinking if we go 5-11/6-10?

1. Blaine Gabbert. If BA continues to throw Stanton out there and he's ineffective, BA is making Keim's life that much more difficult. With no playoff berth coming, I'm sure SK would like to see Gabbert start a few games and get some idea if he should be in the mix for 2018. If Stanton goes the distance, or until week 17 when Carson comes back, where does that leave things? Keim will probably let Carson walk, and he will probably not agree with BA that Stanton should be the starter in '18. Any possibility of evaluating Gabbert is out the window because of BA's fiction with Drew. I could see the two going toe to toe on this one.

2. The end of the BA era will not come about because of just the players, but his coaching staff. BA is stubborn to a fault in his defense of his staff. Keim's way too impatient to allow BA to keep his staff in tact for another year. What happens when SK tells BA he wants changes at the following positions:

-OL/OC
    -DC
    -DL
    -ST

I'm thinking SK is thinking this way. Goodwin's star has fallen. He is supposed to teach up the Oline and once again they are a disaster. Every OLine has injuries but Goodwin can't seem to get a unit that can play well together. They also don't play with an edge.

I also think Bettcher should be on the hot seat and I think Keim will agree. There's way too much talent for the defense to play solid for half a game and then play swiss cheese defense the other half. The zone scheme has resulted in a bunch of blunders in the secondary. The DLine is underperforming. We are horrible at 3rd down stops. If things don't pick up for the D Bettcher could be another coach SK talks to BA about.

Finally our buddy Amos. Another awful year of special teams will lead to SK insisting on Amos being fired. I can make a case BA, being his stubborn self will fight the above coaching changes Keim will want. It will I predict lead to the Head Coach resigning rather than firing his guys. Thus the BA era will come to an end after the 2017 season.
    I think it is a foregone conclusion that SK will be ready to blow things up because now he probably see's the young talent isn't being developed. The swagger factor ran it's course and knows he needs a better staff to develop players and adapt to the players strengths instead of forcing a system on them that they can't perform. Knowing how the rams can get to your Qb and continue to run slow developing plays was a bad recipe for Palmer now he has been lost. I think SK is ready to be aggressive and make the decisions that have to be made. The only way I see BA sticking around is if most all coaches on the staff will go and BA is no longer calling the offense. I think that is a move that forces BA in to retirement or a parting of the ways.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 10-27-2017 at 04:37 AM.

JosEPh
    Like the Branch Davidians, it's amazing to see the followers go down in the fire and still deny reality. Keep clinging to that fantasy Joey.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebo View Post

-OL/OC
    -DC
    -DL
    -ST

Keim is part of the problem and has a lot in common with BA. Keim decided to enter the season both this year and last year with glaring deficiencies and really did nothing about it. Keim became arrogant as well. We should have re-signed Dwight Freeney last and made a play for Alex Mack at Center. This year, he enters the season with Justin Bethel as the other starting cornerback. Last year, he was in denial about the kicker/punter and kept making excuses about how hard it was to find a kicker in the middle of the season when other teams like the Steelers and Vikings made that happen.

Keim also had 2 back to back terrible drafts. We need to get rid of Steve Keim as much as we need to get rid of BA. Keim is also stubborn to a fault and still prefers to draft from small schools and reach early such as he did with Chad Williams, a bust and overreach in the 3rd round.

Remember Keim was in charge of the draft under Rod Graves. Graves was the figurehead but Keim was the one making the picks. We need to start over and cut the cord from that Rod Graves era. Keim's official title was VP of player personnel. And Keim wanting Adrian Petersen over Levi Brown, I don't believe that for a second. Since when has Keim drafted skilled players with first round picks. Look at last year, he allows Deshaun Watson to be picked ahead of them by one spot and doesn't make sort of offer to acquire him. Keim was a former OL and loved Levi because he was mauler in the run game at Penn St. Keim thinks he can get running back talent in later rounds. It's just revisionist history.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 10-27-2017 at 06:13 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

Default SK is fine..shake needed in coaches and scouting...

I think they butt heads more often than not, but they need to have that "we're on the same page" perception to keep the window to win slightly open adding veterans, etc. With injuries, it has closed and changes are evident now. The coaching staff does need to be shaken up because of poor player development, maybe the players don't relate.

ST - Obvious Jones should have been let go years ago. A BA guy!
    OL - Goodwin I don't see the added value he brings. OL has been horrible, and he doesn't coach up the young guys. Every OL in the league has injuries but we can never get one or two of ours to overachieve like other teams. It's like they're so worried about athleticism and versatility that it causes more harm than good. Players never seem to get comfortable, lack edge, and play soft.
    WR - Besides Fitz, I don't see the development and consistency. I see lazy route running, and players that don't attack the ball in the air especially in traffic.

I think BA is gone after the year anyway which is why I don't think we moved up to get a QB. It wouldn't have been right to have a young QB learn a new system in Year 2, and have minimal draft picks for a new coaching regime to work with. Palmer and Fitz will probably retire along with Veldheer plus releases of Iupati and 2-3 other vets.

SK has had hits and misses in his drafts. All GM's do. Problem is his misses have mostly come in the 1st round. That's not good for any GM. That gets you to where the Cards are right now. That and BA and his stubbornness. The league has figured BA out on offense, but yet he doesn't change. He also doesn't acknowledge that some of his coaches aren't doing their jobs.

Let BA go after this year. We need to start over. Might as well do it with a new head coach. Give SK one more year to right the ship. One more year to draft players. If he misses again then it's time for a new GM also.