Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: Arians replacement next year

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    SK has had hits and misses in his drafts. All GM's do. Problem is his misses have mostly come in the 1st round. That's not good for any GM. That gets you to where the Cards are right now. That and BA and his stubbornness. The league has figured BA out on offense, but yet he doesn't change. He also doesn't acknowledge that some of his coaches aren't doing their jobs.

    Let BA go after this year. We need to start over. Might as well do it with a new head coach. Give SK one more year to right the ship. One more year to draft players. If he misses again then it's time for a new GM also.
    Lots of it depends on wether Bidwell thinks he can sell one more run with Palmer. If he does I can see BA staying. Hopefully the special teams and defensive staff will be completely overhauled but I doubt it. If they don't think they can sell the season ticket holders on another run with Palmer back I suspect they blow up management and start over including taking the dead cap hit on Palmers contract.
    Last edited by Biggs; 10-27-2017 at 09:58 AM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Lots of it depends on wether Bidwell thinks he can sell one more run with Palmer. If he does I can see BA staying. Hopefully the special teams and defensive staff will be completely overhauled but I doubt it. If they don't think they can sell the season ticket holders on another run with Palmer back I suspect they blow up management and start over including taking the dead cap hit on Palmers contract.
    I'm pretty sure The Whisperer has made it abundantly clear that every coach he has on the staff is top notch and not subject to replacement.

    The uglier this thing gets down the stretch, the easier Mike's decision will be if The Whisperer doesn't retire. Bidwill/Keim deferred to The Whisperer and he dug in, so there's no obstacles to holding The Whisperer accountable.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I'm pretty sure The Whisperer has made it abundantly clear that every coach he has on the staff is top notch and not subject to replacement.

    The uglier this thing gets down the stretch, the easier Mike's decision will be if The Whisperer doesn't retire. Bidwill/Keim deferred to The Whisperer and he dug in, so there's no obstacles to holding The Whisperer accountable.
    Why does any of your hate for Arians get Bidwell and Keim off the hook. The buck stops at the top. If he isn't accountable to them, they need to go.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Why does any of your hate for Arians get Bidwell and Keim off the hook. The buck stops at the top. If he isn't accountable to them, they need to go.
    It is not unusual for a HC to have control over his staff.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post

    Remember Keim was in charge of the draft under Rod Graves. Graves was the figurehead but Keim was the one making the picks.
    That is false, Keim has said he wasn't the final say and didn't make the picks.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Why does any of your hate for Arians get Bidwell and Keim off the hook. The buck stops at the top. If he isn't accountable to them, they need to go.
    Nothing gets them off the hook. They properly deferred to The Whisperer when he dug in his coaches, that was a bad move by The Whisperer as we all now know, so The Whisperer is accountable to them and should be fired. Now if they act like The Whisperer and turn the other cheek while he lets his buddy(s) off the hook then they are just as guilty as The Whisperer.

    FYI I don't hate The Whisperer, I hate the concept of keeping friends employed when they fail and I like the concept of holding people accountable. Maybe that's a distinction without a difference, I will leave that to others, suffice to say I know that a coach saying he wants a ring or nothing and then not doing what it takes to get that ring is absurd.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    It is not unusual for a HC to have control over his staff.
    I would assume it's not only not unusual but pretty much the norm league wide. Now if the coach picks bad coaches then he can find himself fired, which should be the case here absent a retirement.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I would assume it's not only not unusual but pretty much the norm league wide. Now if the coach picks bad coaches then he can find himself fired, which should be the case here absent a retirement.
    Lets hope we pick a coach who can pick coachable players and is so good he makes the GM a figurehead in the organization.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Lets hope we pick a coach who can pick coachable players and is so good he makes the GM a figurehead in the organization.
    Keim has done a pretty good job making players available to BA, minus the disaster at Oline. (injuries have made some of that unfair to Keim).

    I still go back to keeping Amos and the punter as proof this team gave lip service to winning at all costs ala NE.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Keim has done a pretty good job making players available to BA, minus the disaster at Oline. (injuries have made some of that unfair to Keim).

    I still go back to keeping Amos and the punter as proof this team gave lip service to winning at all costs ala NE.
    Of course it was lip service the window was 2014 and 2015. It was simply a pitch to the season ticket holders. Last years team doesn't sniff a SB with Ray Guy punting and Lombardi coaching the special teams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •