Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay Ajayi to Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    IMO Ajayi wont help them much. They have big issues on the oline, bringing in another RB wont resolve that issue, just like it didnt for the Cardinals when they signed AP. The media is gushing over this trade calling Ajayi a blockbuster trade because of how good he was last year, rushing over 1000 yards and rushing for 8 TDs. Well Blount last year also ran for over 1000 yards AND rushed for almost 20 TD's. Yet he isnt having a similar year this year and it got worse when they lost Peters. Both are similar backs, power north and south, though Ajayi has more speed. Im just saying, this wont be a blockbuster trade as people may think, at least IMO.

With regards to the Cardinals, I hope they dont trade for players. They need to stock up on draft picks and rebuild next year.
    Ajayi is significantly better than Blount. Although Blounts main issue is personality. If he werent such a lockeroom problem, he would be a top back.

Even though Ajayi doesnt necessarily make a huge difference this year given their Oline is a weakness, theyve successfully added a star piece for the long term. RB is now a major weapon they have whenever they do eventually fix the OL. The more stars you have, the more likely youll be a good team someday

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Ajayi is significantly better than Blount. Although Blounts main issue is personality. If he werent such a lockeroom problem, he would be a top back.

Even though Ajayi doesnt necessarily make a huge difference this year given their Oline is a weakness, theyve successfully added a star piece for the long term. RB is now a major weapon they have whenever they do eventually fix the OL. The more stars you have, the more likely youll be a good team someday
    ajayi and long term don't really go together

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    ajayi and long term don't really go together
    can I get those lotto numbers while youre at it? Teddy Bridgewater was also suppose to never play again. AP would never be the same after blowing his knee, runs for 2K his 1st year back.

Worrying about the future is a fools errand. Whats happening right now is that Ajayi is a healthy dominant runner who wins football games

can I get those lotto numbers while youre at it? Teddy Bridgewater was also suppose to never play again. AP would never be the same after blowing his knee, runs for 2K his 1st year back.

Worrying about the future is a fools errand. Whats happening right now is that Ajayi is a healthy dominant runner who wins football games
    well it was you who said he probably doesn't make a difference this year and they have added a star piece for the long term.

first of all, ajayi is good but far from great. he had a couple of ridiculous games against the bills last year, the rest was more or less "meh".

and same as Blount, Ajayi has "personality" issues as well. he even was kicked off the team for a week or two because ha acted like a baby and was upset about his playing time.

also his knee is a huge concern, that's why he fell in the draft in the first place. nobody knows how much longer he can play and if a team thought he could be their #1 RB for 3-4 more years they surely wouldn't give him away for basically nothing?

Ajayi is a healthy dominant runner who wins football games
    And that is what Im saying, he has been far from dominant this year. Obviously we will see with the Eagles but I was just saying if Blount couldnt have success behind this line, it will be difficult for Ajayi. But thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    And that is what Im saying, he has been far from dominant this year. Obviously we will see with the Eagles but I was just saying if Blount couldnt have success behind this line, it will be difficult for Ajayi. But thats just my opinion.
    Ajayi is much better than Blount. And his "lack of dominance" is better attributed to the futility of Miami. If David Johnson were healthy, and Stanton is our QB, I guarantee he gets bottled up too. Because theres no pass threat. So the defense loads the box. Look at how LA (I almost said St Louis) eliminated AP. Its because when theres no QB, they can kill the run game.

I bet you a nickle Ajayi is better in Philly since Philly has a pass game to keep the defense guessing