Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will this be the year we end up with a top 10 draft pick and land a franchise QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Obviously before Thursday nights loss is accounted for but it goes back to my original post in this thread, there are alot of bad teams this year, worse than the Cardinals.

Its more or less accurate. We are a 4 win team, lots of 3 and less win teams. Even if they all win Sunday, we are all 4 win teams. Might still be 14th.

14th is accurate +/- 1, lots of bad teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Obviously before Thursday nights loss is accounted for but it goes back to my original post in this thread, there are alot of bad teams this year, worse than the Cardinals.
    Competition for awful is really keen this year. Is that the same as what you said?

Without its play-makers, every team is a bottom feeder. The Cardinals in 2017 are no different. A few teams are worse off, I admit.

I have a hunch that SK is also calculating the odds of a top 10 pick. He's got to know that 1 win can set the team back 4-5 years (knocks us out of the QB race). Just 1 more loss can do the same if the top draft pick is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Its more or less accurate. We are a 4 win team, lots of 3 and less win teams. Even if they all win Sunday, we are all 4 win teams. Might still be 14th.

14th is accurate +/- 1, lots of bad teams this year.
    Iím pretty sure we would be 11th right now, and should move to 10 or 9 after the weekend, as some teams lower than us play each other and one has to win, and some bad teams will beat good teams. Iím pretty sure the tie breaker for teams with equal records goes first to strength of schedule, and our 4 wins come against three teams with a combined 5 wins.

Next week is a game we could win. Stanton vs Savage in Houston. After that, we have the Jags/Rams/Titans. Does 5-11/6-10 keep us within the top 10?
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 11-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.

bump.

A lower pick would be nice but just do what it takes and get it done. We should have done it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    What do you guys think? Or are we destined to finish 7-9/8-8 and be stuck with a middling pick?
    I'm thinking we might have a historically bad football team. Unfortunately this may be a year where the NFL has several historically bad teams. In a normal NFL year we could have been a zero to 2 win team. This year we might win 6. The NFL in it's desire to move the pendulum away from dominating teams to a league of mediocrity has over shot this year. Sadly we probably are picking 8 to 12.
    Last edited by Biggs; 11-14-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I'm thinking we might have a historically bad football team. Unfortunately this may be a year where the NFL has several historically bad teams. In a normal NFL year we could have been a zero to 2 win team. This year we might win 6. The NFL in it's desire to move the pendulum away from dominating teams to a league of mediocrity has over shot this year. Sadly we probably are picking 8 to 12.
    We have scored the 6th least total points and allowed the 8th most. Bad all around, but there are worse. Injury issues all around the league too.

Let me remind everyone that a top ten pick does not necessarily guarantee a franchise QB. Brady went in round 6, Prescott went in round 3, Wilson went in round 3, Rogers went at end of round 1. Most of the QBs selected before these individuals are no longer in the NFL. Our last top ten choice was Leinart - believed to be a can't miss QB along with Cutler; neither of whom impressed much in NFL. So, I am not as optimistic as some that getting an early draft choice means that we will draft a franchise QB. Selecting a QB is always a crapshoot; regardless of where taken.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Let me remind everyone that a top ten pick does not necessarily guarantee a franchise QB. Brady went in round 6, Prescott went in round 3, Wilson went in round 3, Rogers went at end of round 1. Most of the QBs selected before these individuals are no longer in the NFL. Our last top ten choice was Leinart - believed to be a can't miss QB along with Cutler; neither of whom impressed much in NFL. So, I am not as optimistic as some that getting an early draft choice means that we will draft a franchise QB. Selecting a QB is always a crapshoot; regardless of where taken.
    Anybody can cherry pick to support their thesis. Here is what is undeniable:

More than half of the starting QB in the NFL were selected in the top-10 overall.

Just based on odds, you have a better chance of finding "the guy" the higher you pick.

And despite all of this- it makes zero sense to tank.

So..... there's that.