Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special teams

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Ill take a missed FG every single game over 1 more Kerwynn Williams (or anybody) fair catching at the 1.

I dont know how many times thats happened at this point. Every game? Fair catch at the 1, 2, 5, 10.

I wish there were landmines behind the 20 so if our punt returner takes 1 step backwards it blows him to saigon.
    Here’s a thought: Is Williams coached at all on decision making? Does Amos work with him and drill it into this head….. “PUT YOUR TOES ON THE TEN and let it go if it goes over your head!”. Something, anything, to get Williams to make better decisions.

It’s something that should be taken for granted, but simply can’t be with a clown like Famous Amos in charge. Famous Amos and The Whisperer get no benefits of any doubts. Not anymore.

Apparently, Denver might have a worse kicking game than the Cardinals. Their fans are calling for their first year coach to get kicked to the curb for poor performance. Too bad the guy doesn't work for The Whisperer.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Here’s a thought: Is Williams coached at all on decision making? Does Amos work with him and drill it into this head….. “PUT YOUR TOES ON THE TEN and let it go if it goes over your head!”. Something, anything, to get Williams to make better decisions.

It’s something that should be taken for granted, but simply can’t be with a clown like Famous Amos in charge. Famous Amos and The Whisperer get no benefits of any doubts. Not anymore.

Its 100% an Amos issue.

Reason being that all of our kick returners have done this. Williams, Javier Arenas, even Patrick Peterson. I cant think of the other names, but its been a constant.

All of them have regularly fielded it at the 5, and even though we've had different returners the one constant has been Amos.

IT's called "special teams" for a reason?

What is "special" about our special teams?

How many punt/kick off returns for just a nice number? Not all the way, that's asking for the moon. But how about a kickoff to mid field? A dazzling punt return? JUST ONCE?

And the kicking/punting has been well documented. Andy Lee though gets a special award although his net average if the national media looks at it is poor. But not his fault they cant cover. His kicks are high and deep.

Just to show Amos the door would be worth seeing BA leave.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

Well I did some research to see....

This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

In a nutshell, this is what it says.

2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

2014 ranked 21st

2015 ranked 29th

2016 ranked 30th

2017 ranked 31st

By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

2014 ranked 21st

2015 ranked 29th

2016 ranked 30th

2017 ranked 31st

31st ST ranking is just one rung above nothing. Or Cleveland. I was not aware of the ST 'ranking' but clearly every Cards fan is aware of the ST foul odors for years. There's no hiding Jones' consistently poor work as a coach and these grades now. What's hard for me to understand is that a bottom-third coach for 2 years is still on the payroll. How does MB and SK tolerate that guy? BA can't have that kind of authority for 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    31st ST ranking is just one rung above nothing. Or Cleveland. I was not aware of the ST 'ranking' but clearly every Cards fan is aware of the ST foul odors for years. There's no hiding Jones' consistently poor work as a coach and these grades now. What's hard for me to understand is that a bottom-third coach for 2 years is still on the payroll. How does MB and SK tolerate that guy? BA can't have that kind of authority for 5 years!

We need these ST rankings flown over UOP Stadium and Cardinals HQ. Nice long banner!
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 11-13-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post

2014 ranked 21st

2015 ranked 29th

2016 ranked 30th

2017 ranked 31st

yeah but they are extremely well coach....i know cuz i heard it from a whisper
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Excellent Point!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    A careless whisper..... who's old enough to get that one.