Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Special teams

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default Special teams

    I know we constantly harp on it but this unit has been a disaster for years now. I can't think of any average returns this year, I can't think if any blocked kicks (we used to get them often) I can't think of any huge field goals made.
    I can however think of botched kicks, awful returns, poor punt blocking, etc.
    it's a shame because this u it cost us playoff wins when we were competitive and now with our offense struggling isn't able to carry the load at all

    By the way does anyone think it's odd that teams haven't missed a field goal on us? And there have been plenty of 50+ attempts.
    chirp chirp!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Heat View Post

    By the way does anyone think it's odd that teams haven't missed a field goal on us? And there have been plenty of 50+ attempts.
    Kicking FG is all about confidence. It doesn't surprise me at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Heat View Post
    I know we constantly harp on it but this unit has been a disaster for years now. I can't think of any average returns this year, I can't think if any blocked kicks (we used to get them often) I can't think of any huge field goals made.
    I can however think of botched kicks, awful returns, poor punt blocking, etc.
    it's a shame because this u it cost us playoff wins when we were competitive and now with our offense struggling isn't able to carry the load at all

    By the way does anyone think it's odd that teams haven't missed a field goal on us? And there have been plenty of 50+ attempts.
    All the reason Mike Bidwill needs to bum rush The Whisperer out of here, ASSUMING the goal really is to win a Super Bowl. Super Bowls are so dang hard to win and they will not be won keeping good old boy but ultimately failed coaches on the staff.

    It's all down the numbers now. Kangol hats are so.... 2014?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joseph_ii View Post
    when we get a new hc and staff how long will it take before your vitriol and poison gets spilled on them? 1st 4 games? 6? Will bet it will comes out by game 2. It's just who you are.

    Joseph
    Libel!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    Ill take a missed FG every single game over 1 more Kerwynn Williams (or anybody) fair catching at the 1.

    I dont know how many times thats happened at this point. Every game? Fair catch at the 1, 2, 5, 10.

    I wish there were landmines behind the 20 so if our punt returner takes 1 step backwards it blows him to saigon.
    Last edited by Zaz; 11-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    I literally just laughed when he caught the ball at the 1. Don't know what happened to heel at the 10 but just skipped the memo.

    Bethel should honestly just get cut now if he's not even gonna be a ST contributor anymore, that safety was on him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    I literally just laughed when he caught the ball at the 1. Don't know what happened to heel at the 10 but just skipped the memo.

    Bethel should honestly just get cut now if he's not even gonna be a ST contributor anymore, that safety was on him.
    Bethal allowed his contract to be torn up or he would have been cut.

    He was on a one year prove it deal.

    He's back to being a ST player. He proved this season he's not a CB in this league.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post


    Good one! One_Fartbeat.

    Made me chuckle.

    JosEPh
    What's with the NAME CALLING!!!??? Oh my!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Ill take a missed FG every single game over 1 more Kerwynn Williams (or anybody) fair catching at the 1.

    I dont know how many times thats happened at this point. Every game? Fair catch at the 1, 2, 5, 10.

    I wish there were landmines behind the 20 so if our punt returner takes 1 step backwards it blows him to saigon.
    Here’s a thought: Is Williams coached at all on decision making? Does Amos work with him and drill it into this head….. “PUT YOUR TOES ON THE TEN and let it go if it goes over your head!”. Something, anything, to get Williams to make better decisions.

    It’s something that should be taken for granted, but simply can’t be with a clown like Famous Amos in charge. Famous Amos and The Whisperer get no benefits of any doubts. Not anymore.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Apparently, Denver might have a worse kicking game than the Cardinals. Their fans are calling for their first year coach to get kicked to the curb for poor performance. Too bad the guy doesn't work for The Whisperer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •