Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special teams

Default Special teams

I know we constantly harp on it but this unit has been a disaster for years now. I can't think of any average returns this year, I can't think if any blocked kicks (we used to get them often) I can't think of any huge field goals made.
    I can however think of botched kicks, awful returns, poor punt blocking, etc.
    it's a shame because this u it cost us playoff wins when we were competitive and now with our offense struggling isn't able to carry the load at all

By the way does anyone think it's odd that teams haven't missed a field goal on us? And there have been plenty of 50+ attempts.
    chirp chirp!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Heat View Post

By the way does anyone think it's odd that teams haven't missed a field goal on us? And there have been plenty of 50+ attempts.
    Kicking FG is all about confidence. It doesn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Heat View Post
    I know we constantly harp on it but this unit has been a disaster for years now. I can't think of any average returns this year, I can't think if any blocked kicks (we used to get them often) I can't think of any huge field goals made.
    I can however think of botched kicks, awful returns, poor punt blocking, etc.
    it's a shame because this u it cost us playoff wins when we were competitive and now with our offense struggling isn't able to carry the load at all

All the reason Mike Bidwill needs to bum rush The Whisperer out of here, ASSUMING the goal really is to win a Super Bowl. Super Bowls are so dang hard to win and they will not be won keeping good old boy but ultimately failed coaches on the staff.

It's all down the numbers now. Kangol hats are so.... 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    All the reason Mike Bidwill needs to bum rush The Whisperer out of here, ASSUMING the goal really is to win a Super Bowl. Super Bowls are so dang hard to win and they will not be won keeping good old boy but ultimately failed coaches on the staff.

It's all down the numbers now. Kangol hats are so.... 2014?
    When we get a new HC and staff how long will it take before your vitriol and poison gets spilled on them? 1st 4 games? 6? Will bet it will comes out by game 2. It's just who you are.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by joseph_ii View Post
    when we get a new hc and staff how long will it take before your vitriol and poison gets spilled on them? 1st 4 games? 6? Will bet it will comes out by game 2. It's just who you are.

Joseph
    Libel!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Libel!

Good one! One_Fartbeat.

Made me chuckle.

JosEPh

Ill take a missed FG every single game over 1 more Kerwynn Williams (or anybody) fair catching at the 1.

I dont know how many times thats happened at this point. Every game? Fair catch at the 1, 2, 5, 10.

I wish there were landmines behind the 20 so if our punt returner takes 1 step backwards it blows him to saigon.
    Last edited by Zaz; 11-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

I literally just laughed when he caught the ball at the 1. Don't know what happened to heel at the 10 but just skipped the memo.

Bethel should honestly just get cut now if he's not even gonna be a ST contributor anymore, that safety was on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    I literally just laughed when he caught the ball at the 1. Don't know what happened to heel at the 10 but just skipped the memo.

Bethel should honestly just get cut now if he's not even gonna be a ST contributor anymore, that safety was on him.
    Bethal allowed his contract to be torn up or he would have been cut.

He was on a one year prove it deal.

He's back to being a ST player. He proved this season he's not a CB in this league.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post

Good one! One_Fartbeat.

Made me chuckle.

JosEPh
    What's with the NAME CALLING!!!??? Oh my!