Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Special teams

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Here’s a thought: Is Williams coached at all on decision making? Does Amos work with him and drill it into this head….. “PUT YOUR TOES ON THE TEN and let it go if it goes over your head!”. Something, anything, to get Williams to make better decisions.

    It’s something that should be taken for granted, but simply can’t be with a clown like Famous Amos in charge. Famous Amos and The Whisperer get no benefits of any doubts. Not anymore.

    Its 100% an Amos issue.

    Reason being that all of our kick returners have done this. Williams, Javier Arenas, even Patrick Peterson. I cant think of the other names, but its been a constant.

    All of them have regularly fielded it at the 5, and even though we've had different returners the one constant has been Amos.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    IT's called "special teams" for a reason?

    What is "special" about our special teams?

    How many punt/kick off returns for just a nice number? Not all the way, that's asking for the moon. But how about a kickoff to mid field? A dazzling punt return? JUST ONCE?

    And the kicking/punting has been well documented. Andy Lee though gets a special award although his net average if the national media looks at it is poor. But not his fault they cant cover. His kicks are high and deep.

    Just to show Amos the door would be worth seeing BA leave.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Illinois
    Posts
    603

    Default

    We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

    Well I did some research to see....

    This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

    These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

    In a nutshell, this is what it says.

    2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

    2014 ranked 21st

    2015 ranked 29th

    2016 ranked 30th

    2017 ranked 31st

    By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

    Well I did some research to see....

    This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

    These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

    In a nutshell, this is what it says.

    2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

    2014 ranked 21st

    2015 ranked 29th

    2016 ranked 30th

    2017 ranked 31st

    By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    31st ST ranking is just one rung above nothing. Or Cleveland. I was not aware of the ST 'ranking' but clearly every Cards fan is aware of the ST foul odors for years. There's no hiding Jones' consistently poor work as a coach and these grades now. What's hard for me to understand is that a bottom-third coach for 2 years is still on the payroll. How does MB and SK tolerate that guy? BA can't have that kind of authority for 5 years!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    31st ST ranking is just one rung above nothing. Or Cleveland. I was not aware of the ST 'ranking' but clearly every Cards fan is aware of the ST foul odors for years. There's no hiding Jones' consistently poor work as a coach and these grades now. What's hard for me to understand is that a bottom-third coach for 2 years is still on the payroll. How does MB and SK tolerate that guy? BA can't have that kind of authority for 5 years!


    We need these ST rankings flown over UOP Stadium and Cardinals HQ. Nice long banner!
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 11-13-2017 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

    Well I did some research to see....

    This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

    These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

    In a nutshell, this is what it says.

    2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

    2014 ranked 21st

    2015 ranked 29th

    2016 ranked 30th

    2017 ranked 31st

    By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    yeah but they are extremely well coach....i know cuz i heard it from a whisper
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    yeah but they are extremely well coach....i know cuz i heard it from a whisper
    Excellent Point!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    yeah but they are extremely well coach....i know cuz i heard it from a whisper
    A careless whisper..... who's old enough to get that one.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

    Well I did some research to see....

    This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

    These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

    In a nutshell, this is what it says.

    2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

    2014 ranked 21st

    2015 ranked 29th

    2016 ranked 30th

    2017 ranked 31st

    By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    And this year they were going to emphasize ST with particular attention to players on the bubble. They wanted good athletes to turn this thing around.

    Well we're 31st. It's easy to put this on BA because he wont fire his buddy. But at some point Bidwell and Keim have to step in and say enough is enough.

    Clearly this organization gives lip service to winning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •