Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Gabbert time.

Default It's Gabbert time.

I don't know about all of you , but I've seen enough of Stanton. The guy tries, I'll give him that but he just isn't accurate. I saw 4 or 5 throws last night that totally missed his target. One bounced before it got there, and the others were air mailed to a different zip code. Time to give Gabbert the rest of the year. We have to find out if he can take over next year any maybe for a couple more years. Were not going to the play offs this year. Time to find out who and what we have for next year. Especially at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I don't know about all of you , but I've seen enough of Stanton. The guy tries, I'll give him that but he just isn't accurate. I saw 4 or 5 throws last night that totally missed his target. One bounced before it got there, and the others were air mailed to a different zip code. Time to give Gabbert the rest of the year. We have to find out if he can take over next year any maybe for a couple more years. Were not going to the play offs this year. Time to find out who and what we have for next year. Especially at QB.
    Now that Humphries is out I would prefer Stanton take the beating for as long as he can stand it.

Blaine Gabbert isn't accurate either. His career completion % rivals Stantons

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Blaine Gabbert isn't accurate either. His career completion % rivals Stantons
    Ahhhh, the forever Gabbert hater strikes again. What's wrong with a look-see? I don't think he'd be any worse, as a matter of fact I think he'd do well, and better than Stanton. You like to just use past stats as a concrete indictment on a player not taking into account the circumstances at the time.

Scared he might be good? cuz you've been bashing him forever.
    Last edited by CardsFanJoe; 11-10-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    STH SINCE '88

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanJoe View Post
    Ahhhh, the forever Gabbert hater strikes again. What's wrong with a look-see? I don't think he'd be any worse, as a matter of fact I think he'd do well, and better than Stanton. You like to just use past stats as a concrete indictment on a player not taking into account the circumstances at the time.

I actually think Gabbert might be a decent QB. Unfortunately the same issues that killed him in the past will kill him here. Bad OL, no running game, bad WR, TE combination and we will probably have a new OC next year.

If you think he might be good with a stable situation and talent around him why would you want to subject him to the same conditions that he already failed in previously?

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanJoe View Post

Blaine Gabbert isn't good enough for me to hate on, i'll save that energy for players that are good and I'll discredit their greatness. Not for guys with career 56% completion percentages and more losses than wins as a starter. If you missed it, I said I'd start him just to end the madness that the dude could be the potentially have a spot on this team for the future in another thread.

No one is scared your son might be potentially good, I like 2 other franchises have seen enough
    Last edited by ~Main Event~; 11-10-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Blaine Gabbert isn't good enough for me to hate on, i'll save that energy for players that are good and I'll discredit their greatness. Not for guys with career 56% completion percentages and more losses than wins as a starter. If you missed it, I said I'd start him just to end the madness that the dude could be the potentially have a spot on this team for the future in another thread.

No one is scared your son might be potentially good, I like 2 other franchises have seen enough
    ^^ This a million times over. It's like Gabbert is some sort of mythical QB who is going to take us to greatness, all he needs is that one chance. He is a bad quarterback, just as bad as Stanton. Sure throw him in there but if this franchise wants to be relevant in the coming seasons, Gabbert is not the answer.

PS

Yes Stanton threw some bad passes, missed a couple of big plays but bar Fitz, nobody could catch a ball all night. I know Stanton is the whipping boy but come on, he threw a dime to Nelsen and it just went straight through his hands.
    Last edited by Kyle; 11-10-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    ^^ This a million times over. It's like Gabbert is some sort of mythical QB who is going to take us to greatness, all he needs is that one chance. He is a bad quarterback, just as bad as Stanton. Sure throw him in there but if this franchise wants to be relevant in the coming seasons, Gabbert is not the answer.

PS

Yes Stanton threw some bad passes, missed a couple of big plays but bar Fitz, nobody could catch a ball all night. I know Stanton is the whipping boy but come on, he threw a dime to Nelsen and it just went straight through his hands.
    look what the whisperer did with Luck, Manning and Roeth. Those guys were destined to be mediocre until they met the Genius.

Pretty sure Gabbert will morph into those once he's gone through Bruce's lab.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Now that Humphries is out I would prefer Stanton take the beating for as long as he can stand it.
    Point well taken. He's been paid quite well to hang out on the sidelines, might as well get knocked around a bit. If it's good enough for Palmer it's good enough for The Whisperer's BFF.

Sadly Iím afraid this wont happen until Drew gets hurt or we are only a few games away from end of season.

BA praised Stanton saying he played well. Ugh...