Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's Gabbert time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    1. Hes not Stanton. We want anybody but Stanton. Stanton is loathed because hes been handed an undeserved job for 3 years by papa BA.

2. Nobody expect Gabbert to win. This team has too many holes. We just want to see him play well in losses.

3. The reason we want to see Gabbert is because, in the event we dont land a draft pick QB, Gabbert will very likely be our QB next year. So we want to see what hes got.
    Watch his previous 6 years in the league. We know what he looks like when he is surrounded with underperforming players in a system he is not familiar with. Throwing him out this year will show you the same. Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Watch his previous 6 years in the league. We know what he looks like when he is surrounded with underperforming players in a system he is not familiar with. Throwing him out this year will show you the same. Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity.
    To be fair to him has he ever just sat and absorbed a system for as long as he has here?

He's had plenty of time. Rookies have been thrown in and done well.

It's time for this guy to step up.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

I for one am looking forward to seeing BG start. Stanton is awful. Not saying that BG is the next coming of Kurt Warner, but it can't get much worse can it? Oh and by the way, our defense sucks...

Gabbert looked great in preseason minus one throw, an end zone read but he kicked ***. The doubters will always be there but the fact is, I have felt that this team is a mobile qb away from being a 9 10 win team, maybe challenge Seattle for a wildcard. Seattle got hit hard with injuries. The season's not over.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    Gabbert looked great in preseason minus one throw, an end zone read but he kicked ***. The doubters will always be there but the fact is, I have felt that this team is a mobile qb away from being a 9 10 win team, maybe challenge Seattle for a wildcard. Seattle got hit hard with injuries. The season's not over.
    I'll have whatever you are on.

Gabbert looking good in preseason is nothing new, he did it in SF to beat out Kaep. Low and behold when he gets the starting gig and he has to face up actual first team NFL pressure and be under the spotlight he was trash. This is what Gabbert does, Jags fans have also seen the same in preseason and then regular season he was trash again. The quicker we play Gabbert and the quicker he reverts to type the better so we can get this notion out our heads that BG could be the next Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Gabbert looking good in preseason is nothing new, he did it in SF to beat out Kaep. Low and behold when he gets the starting gig and he has to face up actual first team NFL pressure and be under the spotlight he was trash. This is what Gabbert does, Jags fans have also seen the same in preseason and then regular season he was trash again. The quicker we play Gabbert and the quicker he reverts to type the better so we can get this notion out our heads that BG could be the next Kurt Warner.
    Gabbert may look like what some of you have seen before, but don't forget he has never had a good O-Line, or good receivers. Here he does have some good receivers and one of the greatest in Fitz. Our O-Line is beat up so when he gets sacked are you all going to say "told you so!". He has also been in a new system EVERY season of his career. Guys like Brees and Brady can't even say that, and yes if you know even a little about football you should know that isn't easy.
    He deserves a decent shot. A decent shot to me is about the rest of this season (at least as far as number of games) keeping in mind the O-Line just got shaken up again. Some of you are way too quick to write someone of due to past experiences. Many players change scenery and do well. Give it a chance. Lord knows Stanton has had many.
    STH SINCE '88

Sorry but I have to break this down.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanJoe View Post
    Gabbert may look like what some of you have seen before, but don't forget he has never had a good O-Line, or good receivers. Here he does have some good receivers and one of the greatest in Fitz.
    Tell me one receiver worth his salt who doesn't have the last name Fitzgerald because I haven't seen one this year. John Brown has been awful, Jaron is a 4th receiver at best, JJ Nelson couldn't catch a cold, Golden is a ST guy and Chad Williams doesn't actually exist. I don't even need to discuss the OL it speaks for itself.

Our O-Line is beat up so when he gets sacked are you all going to say "told you so!".
    Don't understand that logic at all.

He has also been in a new system EVERY season of his career.
    This may blow your mind, but here is goes. If Gabbert wasn't so trash, maybe each one of those OC or HC may not have got the boot. Ever thought they carried the can for a bad QB? But lets flip it again, he has had numerous systems, loads of different guys with different ideas etc and he has sucked in all of them. You thought maybe one would of got some sort of tune out of him but no, Gabbert played like Gabbert only knows how to every single time.

Guys like Brees and Brady can't even say that
    See above, they have played well enough to not get their HC or OC sacked.

and yes if you know even a little about football you should know that isn't easy.
    It's not easy but you are giving the guy a complete free pass on being terrible every single **** year of his career.

He deserves a decent shot.
    Why does he? It's not like he came out of college regarding as a Manning or a Luck, he was seen as a project QB and that project has been terrible wherever it has landed. I really want to know why he deserves a shot?

A decent shot to me is about the rest of this season (at least as far as number of games) keeping in mind the O-Line just got shaken up again.
    I really don't care about this season now after the Seahawks loss so let him play. Lets get this experiment out of peoples system so we can actually make a move for a QBOTF come draft time.

Some of you are way too quick to write someone of due to past experiences. Many players change scenery and do well. Give it a chance. Lord knows Stanton has had many.
    His past experience is that he has been terrible. He has changed scenery and was still terrible. I'm prepared to give it a chance just so people get it out of their system. So Stanton's chance to be an NFL QB equate to 13 starts, Gabbert 40 starts, remind me who has had the chance and who hasn't again?

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Compared to Stanton whos been in BAs offense for a decade and still plays like its his first day.

Thats the difference. Gabbert has had a different OC every year of his career and has struggled understandably. He will probably struggle here too.

Stanton knows this offense better than BA does, and he still sucks.

Im not a Gabbert fan. Im an anti-Stanton fan.
    Last edited by Zaz; 11-15-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Don't forget everybody, no less an authority as The Whisperer is on record saying Gabbert has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. And well all know that The Whisperer is never a blowhard clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Dude, don't disrespect me. You have been all over my opinion recently. You are not an expert so don't tell me I'm high, ok!!!
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan