Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Gabbert time.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Sadly Im afraid this wont happen until Drew gets hurt or we are only a few games away from end of season.

BA praised Stanton saying he played well. Ugh...
    Stanton was Stanton. The Whisperer belongs to an exclusive club that thinks Stanton is starting NFL QB material, ergo Stanton played well.

Stanton was Stanton, and the Cardinal receivers not named Fitzgerald let him down.

Stanton did a good job, it's not his fault the receivers aren't 7 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by maricopa_taco View Post
    Stanton did a good job, it's not his fault the receivers aren't 7 feet tall.
    Stanton did a Stanton job.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Blaine Gabbert isn't accurate either. His career completion % rivals Stantons
    Gabbert was better in college, has a higher comp percentage and QBR than Stanton and more starts in the NFL even though hes much younger. Most of all, Gabbert has been in a different offense with a different OC on worse teams, whereas Stanton has been in basically the same system all his career. Gabbert is more mobile too. Gabbert is better.

Throw Blaine to the wolves ..simply does not matter at this time
    i have to think the ones that really want to see Blaine play secretly hate him,there is nothing but another failure waiting for him behind oline #1...personally i wouldn't wish this catastrophe on anyone
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Gabbert was better in college, has a higher comp percentage and QBR than Stanton and more starts in the NFL even though he’s much younger. Most of all, Gabbert has been in a different offense with a different OC on worse teams, whereas Stanton has been in basically the same system all his career. Gabbert is more mobile too. Gabbert is better.

He's younger and was a better college QB yet his completion percentage and QBR are barely better than the guy we're sitting here ripping non stop. One's career completion percentage is 53% the others
    is 56%. One guys best QBR in a season with multiple starts is 53.7 the others is 51.7. Where is this dramatic difference that's being made that you guys are trying to act like a playing Gabbert would make? Stanton is mobile too. This isn't Kurt Warner vs Matt Leinart this is Kevin Kolb vs John Skelton. They both suck, pick your L which way do you want JJ Nelson do drop a pass.

You guys want to bring up situations constantly with Gabbert, do you think he's walking into a good one right now? Cause we know that's going to be the first cop out the moment dude throws a pick
    Last edited by ~Main Event~; 11-10-2017 at 02:02 PM.

You guys want to bring up situations constantly with Gabbert, do you think he's walking into a good one right now? Cause we know that's going to be the first cop out the moment dude throws a pick
    I never made it as a professional soccer player because every manager I didn't know what they were doing and my teammates were awful. I like this game. What could you have been if it wasn't everyone else's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Throw Blaine to the wolves ..simply does not matter at this time
    i have to think the ones that really want to see Blaine play secretly hate him,there is nothing but another failure waiting for him behind oline #1...personally i wouldn't wish this catastrophe on anyone
    Gotta agree with you but I'll go one step further. The o-line, particularly the right side, is the root of all problems - running, passing. And why should the defense bust their humps just to get the ball back for another set of inept offensive attempts? Let Stanton get broken then we can see what we have in Blaine. I'm pretty sure that next coaching staff will not retain Stanton even though he is a serviceable backup behind a good o-line.
    Last edited by WaterBoy; 11-10-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    Well, maybe so.............

BA last night said Stanton played "Extremely well"

we are stuck with Stanton. He could launch a ball in the crowd and kill a baby and BA would still say he played extremely well

Blaine Gabbert isn't good enough for me to hate on, i'll save that energy for players that are good and I'll discredit their greatness. Not for guys with career 56% completion percentages and more losses than wins as a starter. If you missed it, I said I'd start him just to end the madness that the dude could be the potentially have a spot on this team for the future in another thread.

No one is scared your son might be potentially good, I like 2 other franchises have seen enough
    My son? LOL. Why do you have to be a jerk on here? Yes, the 9ers and Jax are tremendous organizations that get everything right. They gave Gabbert tons of talent, he just couldn't get it done. Do you watch football? Do you actually watch an individual player play, or do you just look up stats and records and think you know what's going on??? You're too much Levi
    STH SINCE '88