Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Gabbert time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    ^^ This a million times over. It's like Gabbert is some sort of mythical QB who is going to take us to greatness, all he needs is that one chance. He is a bad quarterback, just as bad as Stanton. Sure throw him in there but if this franchise wants to be relevant in the coming seasons, Gabbert is not the answer.

PS

Yes Stanton threw some bad passes, missed a couple of big plays but bar Fitz, nobody could catch a ball all night. I know Stanton is the whipping boy but come on, he threw a dime to Nelsen and it just went straight through his hands.
    Yeah, I don't get the Gabbert love. I think it comes from BA being BA (Levi Brown is elite) and the fans buying into all the local media hype. People probably started believing Gabbert was the future after the 10th time Wolf Bellowed it out. I guarantee you that no one on this board thought much of Gabbert when he was a 49er.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanJoe View Post
    My son? LOL. Why do you have to be a jerk on here? Yes, the 9ers and Jax are tremendous organizations that get everything right. They gave Gabbert tons of talent, he just couldn't get it done. Do you watch football? Do you actually watch an individual player play, or do you just look up stats and records and think you know what's going on??? You're too much Levi
    Whose being a jerk? You consistently go out of your way to ride for the guy specifically by calling me out, I present facts that clearly show he's not good and it clearly ruffles your feathers. I've seen this guy play numerous times and he can't play it's not like I'm the only one that's come to this conclusion. We can use the bad franchise excuse, we're all Cardinals fans here but let's be real, we're not exactly a model franchise here. We're currently staring dead in the face of a top 10 pick, something he's familiar with.

But it looks like a lot of you are gonna get your wish pretty soon

Chris Mortensen‏Verified account
    @mortreport
    Sources: Drew Stanton sprained knee Thursday. Blaine Gabbert starts at Houston week 11 if Stanton canít go. Matt Barkley being brought back.

What a train wreck of a season. I want to see what, if anything, Gabbert can do, but it's scary to think of a rusty and not-very-good Barkley leading the offense if Gabbert were to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    But it looks like a lot of you are gonna get your wish pretty soon

Chris Mortensen‏Verified account
    @mortreport
    Sources: Drew Stanton sprained knee Thursday. Blaine Gabbert starts at Houston week 11 if Stanton canít go. Matt Barkley being brought back.
    I thought his knee was messed up! ...Blaine "bring the pain "time...lol..lawd
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    I thought his knee was messed up! ...Blaine "bring the pain "time...lol..lawd
    Let’s see if Gabbert can do better than Stanton’s last three seasons with the Cardinals, where he “knew the system” and completed 44, 39.6, and 48.4% of his passes for 5 TDs and 7 INTs. A three year QBR of 50.

Gabberts last three years with a horrible 49ers offense and new OC’s every year, a 60.6 % completion rate, 19 TDs to 13 INTs, and a QBR of 80.3. And Gabbert ran for 363 yards, to Stanton’s -13.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 11-11-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Looks like there is a good chance we might have Gabbert for the next 2 games. I don't expect much behind this terrible O line, but at least we can see if there is any hope for the future with him. He at least is better than Stanton. How much ? Guess we might see. Still don't know what BA saw in Stanton. Guy is a career back up at best. And not a good one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Looks like there is a good chance we might have Gabbert for the next 2 games. I don't expect much behind this terrible O line, but at least we can see if there is any hope for the future with him. He at least is better than Stanton. How much ? Guess we might see. Still don't know what BA saw in Stanton. Guy is a career back up at best. And not a good one either.
    You know they say the 1st signs of dementia is when someone constantly repeats themselves..........

JosEPh

Still don't know what BA saw in Stanton. Guy is a career back up at best. And not a good one either.
    He played because he was the backup to Carson Palmer. It is sort of the reason why you have backup players on the roster.

Yeah, me neither. The Oline situation is awful followed by the QB situation. Seems like a waste of a test for BG to start at Houston next Sunday. I don't expect AP to do any better than at TNF. No one makes wine out of tap water.