Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never seen a more sickening team

Default Never seen a more sickening team

Cards have enept coaches period and it starts from the top in BA.

1. Weíve harped on ST play since heís been here and itís never Jonesí fault it always the players, blah, blah. Normally if players arenít good at doing something you put someone else in. If the current ST players arenít good then as a coach you instruct and teach not to do anything to cost the team. This group costs us every single game in some capacity the past 2 years either bad snaps, punting, punt coverage, penalties, lack of returns, missed/blocked FGs. Last night was so evident it was sad because there is no scheme. Itís just go out there.

2. We seldom talk about the WRs because they always hide behind Fitzís greatness, but the others have regressed so is this a reflection in the WR coach Drake. I mean no WR has been groomed to be consistent. Nelson and both Browns seem to be body catchers. Body catchers struggle downfield and in traffic. Doesnít help that they are poor route runners, struggle to get open, and are scared to go across the middle. Once Nelson and Smoke are bumped off stride they never seem to have that extra gear. They also never turn defensive on poor throws. Small WRs are fun when they are quick and elusive, but ours donít seem to be anything but fast.

3. This defensive scheme is beyond disgusting. Our CBs donít get up in anybodyís face to jam, our LBs and Safeties drop back in coverage and give up everything underneath. We rush 3 and play zone safe and give up big plays. Bettcher has totally made our defense one of the laughing stocks with this talent. Our young guys make plays but they defer to the veterans. Iím not sure why the continue to play Badger so much in deep coverage vs. speed guys especially not jamming off the line. Under BOWLES He was always on TEs, RBs and playing up on LOS causing havoc in backfield. Heck PP doesnít even follow the top WRs as much anymore.

Itís time for a coach that is innovative on both sides and can be more flexible to adapt schemes based suited best for the players. Just seemed like under Bowles defense was flexible and caused confusion. BA is slow to adapt or find ways make things easy on the offensive side. You do know McVay was Keims pick if BA retired last year. I guess those are the breaks.

While waiting for the orange glove guy to signal the teams to resume play, I noted the NFL Network panned the Cards owners box several times and we got to watch Bidwill and Keim stare silently at the UofP scenery. At no time during several face shots did I see those two guys talking, gesturing, or changing body position. It was like they are okay with things the way they were last night. I don't know what that could mean...no owner-GM conversations, no show of enthusiasm, no high fives after a LF 1st down? I can only conclude that MB and SK have made up their minds and are not going to invest anymore emotional IQ in this team. Arians and his staff is gone by mid January. Probably CP and LF are gone by June or July. I think MB and SK have a new team road map in their pockets. I just wish they'd share what they're thinking about the future. At least frown or grin on TNF -- even if it's #25 going down.

Relax.

As frustrating as this season has been, it hasnt been that bad.

The Skelton, Kolb, Hall years were far worse. Those teams had no shot. We were dead in the water. Whereas this team, the question is "do they show up"? If they do, we might win.

Quote Originally Posted by CashT1874 View Post

1. Weíve harped on ST play since heís been here and itís never Jonesí fault it always the players, blah, blah. Normally if players arenít good at doing something you put someone else in. If the current ST players arenít good then as a coach you instruct and teach not to do anything to cost the team. This group costs us every single game in some capacity the past 2 years either bad snaps, punting, punt coverage, penalties, lack of returns, missed/blocked FGs. Last night was so evident it was sad because there is no scheme. Itís just go out there.

2. We seldom talk about the WRs because they always hide behind Fitzís greatness, but the others have regressed so is this a reflection in the WR coach Drake. I mean no WR has been groomed to be consistent. Nelson and both Browns seem to be body catchers. Body catchers struggle downfield and in traffic. Doesnít help that they are poor route runners, struggle to get open, and are scared to go across the middle. Once Nelson and Smoke are bumped off stride they never seem to have that extra gear. They also never turn defensive on poor throws. Small WRs are fun when they are quick and elusive, but ours donít seem to be anything but fast.

3. This defensive scheme is beyond disgusting. Our CBs donít get up in anybodyís face to jam, our LBs and Safeties drop back in coverage and give up everything underneath. We rush 3 and play zone safe and give up big plays. Bettcher has totally made our defense one of the laughing stocks with this talent. Our young guys make plays but they defer to the veterans. Iím not sure why the continue to play Badger so much in deep coverage vs. speed guys especially not jamming off the line. Under BOWLES He was always on TEs, RBs and playing up on LOS causing havoc in backfield. Heck PP doesnít even follow the top WRs as much anymore.

Itís time for a coach that is innovative on both sides and can be more flexible to adapt schemes based suited best for the players. Just seemed like under Bowles defense was flexible and caused confusion. BA is slow to adapt or find ways make things easy on the offensive side. You do know McVay was Keims pick if BA retired last year. I guess those are the breaks.
    Not sure how long youíve been a Cardinal fan, but from my perspective itís been much more sickening. Thatís on an absolute basis, the more sickening stuff Iíve seen has come from bargain basement coaching staffs. Arians is an expensive brand so relatively speaking it adds to the stench but it will still have to get a bit worse from here.

Default Been a fan since the NFC East days

Those were some bad days but we werenít expected to win. The winning foundation has been laid, so itís sad to see similar traits as before. Thought we were past that lack of planning stuff and poor execution.

I agree that it has been far worse in past years. Stanton was only sacked twice. Yes he missed some wide open guys down field but when he had time he was on point. I put most of the misses on the WR's because I saw more drops than I did missed passes. Stanton also does a good job of standing in the pocket and not bailing as soon as others do. I'm not worried about Stanton yet. I can't say much for the ST side of the house but I know we are dealing a lot of injuries on the D and last night didn't help. Wetzel did a much better job this game than earlier in the year. If he continues that then the loss of Humphries shouldn't be too bad. Of course the one sack Stanton did take was because Wetzel got walked all over. (It was kinda funny but then I'd had a few beers by then).

Look, I know everyone is going to bash Stanton on this game but I truly don't feel it was all him. Other then the 3 bad misses I still believe we can win with him.

As for BA? My vote is to keep him. Change some of the assistant coaches first.

Have a great Veterans Day everyone.
    Cheers
    Cowbell maybe, More Cheerleaders? Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh

We certainly a bad team but still better than the Kolb Skelton years or the prewarner post Plummer years. Plummer years weren't even that good

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Relax.

The Skelton, Kolb, Hall years were far worse. Those teams had no shot. We were dead in the water. Whereas this team, the question is "do they show up"? If they do, we might win.
    I'd argue the complete opposite. With Skelton, Hall, Kolb, Anderson teams, we knew we didn't have the talent and had no chance against 90% of the teams. Whereas the past 2 seasons, we've had the talent and been in positions to make plays to win games yet we have continuously beat ourselves through numerous ways (special teams, play calling, catching passes, o-line, missed tackles, penalties...). And I believe a lot of this stems from BA losing the team somewhere along the way since the NFC Championship game, mainly for coaches failing to take any accountability for poor performances (Amos Jones) and continuously blaming the players.

People that need to go:

Amos Jones
    Amos Jones
    Amos Jones
    BA & staff
    Ellington
    Kerwyn Williams
    Bethel
    Gresham
    Niklas
    Amos Jones
    Both Browns
    Nelson
    Amos Jones
    Dawson
    Amos Jones

Keim on the fence depending on future coaching candidates and their demands.
    Rob Housler (Florida Atlantic) over Justin Houston (Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by CashT1874 View Post

Are you actually saying if we had lots of great players and lots of great coaches we win last nights game? That's a big assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Relax.

Please spare us. Our wins have come against teams that have combined for 5 wins.

The Titanic is going down and the life boats don't even work.

Its over here. The whole BA era is over. Starting over is not easy and might be worse then the skelton era, we don't know that yet.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.