View Poll Results: LOSING - Who is to BLAME?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bidwill's

2 4.26%
  • Keim

0 0%
  • Arians

8 17.02%
  • Keim & Arians

19 40.43%
  • assistant coaches

2 4.26%
  • Players

9 19.15%
  • Fans

0 0%
  • None of the above

7 14.89%
  • Not sure

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOSING - Who is to BLAME? YOU make the CALL!

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFalcon View Post
    Consider the teams that the Cards have lost too. . .

Detroit -- presently 4-4, 2nd in the NFC North.

Cowboys -- presently 5-3, 2nd in the NFC East.

Eagles -- Now 8-1, 1st in the NFC East.

Rams -- presently 6-2, 1st in the NFC West

Seahawks -- presently 6-3, 2nd in the NFC West.

The Cardinals aren't losing to bad teams -- they're losing to good teams.

Now the remaining games are:

Texans: 3-5

Jaguars: 5-3

Rams: 6-2

Titans: 5-3

Redskins: 4-4

Giants: 1-7

Seahawks: 6-3

If this trend hold true, the Cardinals should win against the Texans and the Giants, and possibly the Redskins -- to finish up either 6-10 (shades of the Whiz's final year) or 7-9 -- duplicating last year's triumphs.
    If the Seahawks are set in their play-off speeding, they might sit their starters for most of the game. If so, the Cards could end the season with a bonus win that they might not otherwise get.

Our receiving core is awful. All of last year the only players producing were D. Johnson and Fitz. No changes going into 2017. Yet BA proclaims in TC we have one of the deepest group in the league. And what only Fitz is producing. What a shocker! Excluding Fitz I donít want to see a single guy remain on the roster in 2018.

Who gets the credit for turning a sub-.500, 5 win team to a 10, 11 and 13 win team?

We are losing for a variety of reasons. We are not a perfect team, but none ever is. The shot we took with a completely revamped roster when BA came ended, with a bunch of four year contracts like CCís ending, players like Palmer and Fitz aging, and our window closing. They made a good run and didnít quite cross the finish line. We had to let a bunch of good players go, which is why we win the comp pick bonanza next year. They tried to bandaid with 1 and 2 year contracts for vets like Dawson, Williams, Dansby and Bethea. But injuries to DJ and Palmer and Golden and Humphries and Iupati are too much to overcome when we were already on a down trend and the bandaids werenít equal to the lost talent.

Time to revamp again. This time we have more draft picks and cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFalcon View Post
    Consider the teams that the Cards have lost too. . .

Detroit -- presently 4-4, 2nd in the NFC North.

Cowboys -- presently 5-3, 2nd in the NFC East.

Eagles -- Now 8-1, 1st in the NFC East.

Rams -- presently 6-2, 1st in the NFC West

Seahawks -- presently 6-3, 2nd in the NFC West.

The Cardinals aren't losing to bad teams -- they're losing to good teams.

Now the remaining games are:

Texans: 3-5

Jaguars: 5-3

Rams: 6-2

Titans: 5-3

Redskins: 4-4

Giants: 1-7

Seahawks: 6-3

If this trend hold true, the Cardinals should win against the Texans and the Giants, and possibly the Redskins -- to finish up either 6-10 (shades of the Whiz's final year) or 7-9 -- duplicating last year's triumphs.
    Except we had Palmer at QB for most of the season and now have Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Our receiving core is awful. All of last year the only players producing were D. Johnson and Fitz. No changes going into 2017. Yet BA proclaims in TC we have one of the deepest group in the league. And what only Fitz is producing. What a shocker! Excluding Fitz I donít want to see a single guy remain on the roster in 2018.
    What's worse is that Fitz is 34 years old & finishing up his 14th season. Although he caught the most passes of his career in each of his 2 previous seasons, & is on pace to make it 3 in a row, his yards per reception have been the lowest. In other words, he running a lot more quick slant at the expense of deeper routes that he no longer has the speed to run. Jerry Rice did have 18 mostly productive seasons before his will power just wasn't enough to keep pace with the kids. All of the big plays that I've seen Fitz in the past several seasons have been the result of his will power, but how much longer will that be enough to stave off father time?

This really is Whiz all over again..i was`nt buying into that line of thinking..but i`m there now....They are who we thought they were,there`s a winner in town,the system works,No risk it..........i hope our next coach has a really cool catch phrase
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    INJURIES!

Injuries = None of the Above

It all started with David Johnson going down then the snowball effect Palmer etc Honey Badger never the same. On and On

I could Blame Arians but Players are to blame too

Keim yes him too but he doesnt kick, block or drop passes

Astt Coaches Yes Amos , Goodwin etc all blameful

Buddy Morris I miss John Lott
    Blame is an interesting word. It presumes someone did something that they could have avoided if they were less a fool.

How exactly could anyone have predicted the loss of DJ, Hump, Iupati, and Brown to start the season? Then CP is blasted with a decimated left side of the line, which eventually lead to his injury. How many teams are going to be successful with their backup QB? GB? Houston? After that you have a shadow of HB and Veldheer post injury. Get Deone back late. Injuries aren't the ONLY reason the season sucks, but it gets a huge piece of the pie.

I blame BA for ST. This is another big piece of the pie. I blame BA for not addressing RG properly. I hate his O, but I'm cool with him altering it to match AP.

In the end, bad luck has been cruel to us. Nothing you can do about that.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Blame is an interesting word. It presumes someone did something that they could have avoided if they were less a fool.

How exactly could anyone have predicted the loss of DJ, Hump, Iupati, and Brown to start the season? Then CP is blasted with a decimated left side of the line, which eventually lead to his injury. How many teams are going to be successful with their backup QB? GB? Houston? After that you have a shadow of HB and Veldheer post injury. Get Deone back late. Injuries aren't the ONLY reason the season sucks, but it gets a huge piece of the pie.

I blame BA for ST. This is another big piece of the pie. I blame BA for not addressing RG properly. I hate his O, but I'm cool with him altering it to match AP.

In the end, bad luck has been cruel to us. Nothing you can do about that.
    I kind of agree, blame is a strange word. Who do we blame for our expectations? Who do we blame for wasting time and money on a team we may or may not enjoy watching?

This is all speculation. Personally I think special teams is just one part of the piece. Clearly injury, age, drafting, who we kept, who we cut, etc., etc., etc. plays into all of. At the end of the day it's a competition and some teams win and some loss. Its a game, it's not that important. I followed and loved teams that lost for decades. How much do we want to be invested. The Cardinals organization will win and lose...BA will be gone and we may look back and say these were the best days of our franchise?

I grew up a Jets fan. They won the Championship game when I was 14. I thought it was going to be just like that forever...Guess what, Joe Namath was hurt, the team was sold to an owner that didn't care and it was oblivion for decades. Don't think that the apple falls far from the tree. The love affair with the top guy may not last. BA is just today's scapegoat.

Personally I see signs beyond the team. The league is in serious decline. There is no wrapping itself in the flag or military that will fix it. 3.5 hour games with momentum killing TV timeouts that last forever followed by penalties away from the plays that are absolutely changing momentum and the entire course of drives and games. None contact injuries that have decimated team after team.

The truth is we have been subjected to a lot of bad football this year and it's not just the Cardinals. I'm more frustrated trying to find a really good NFL game to watch that delivers. The Cardinals are just one piece of a league decaying from within.
    Last edited by Biggs; 11-11-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Where is the "All of the Above" option?

Quote Originally Posted by TnTCardFans View Post
    Where is the "All of the Above" option?
    I hear you! I had "all of the above" in and took it out along with allowing multiple selections. I thought it better to keep the poll tightly focused. People get the credit for winning so they they need to get the "blame" for losing!