Thread: Article: Drew Stanton suffered sprained knee vs. Seahawks

Default Article: Drew Stanton suffered sprained knee vs. Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks weren't the only team to come out of Thursday Night Football with a significant injury.

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton suffered a sprained knee in the loss to Seattle, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source. ESPN first reported the news.

Pelissero added the Cardinals will know more on Stanton's status next week.

If Stanton can't go against the Houston Texans in Week 11, then former 49ers quarterback Blaine Gabbert would start in his place. Stanton was filling in for Carson Palmer, who is on injured reserve with a broken left arm.

At 4-5, and without their starting QB and RB, the Cardinals are just barely in the NFC playoff picture. An extended absence by Stanton would obviously not help their cause.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ee-vs-seahawks

Well we know what happens if he cant go, a lot of us will get their wish and see Gabbert up next.

That sucks for Drew but I wont mind taking a look at Gabbert.

welp quite a few are gonna be happy(not about Drew being hurt),,The Mighty Blaine Train is getting ready to leave the station!!!WHOOT
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Only a matter of time till Gabbert get hurt behind that OL.

I will repost my original prediction that BG will play lights out, they will go 5-2 (I had said 4-1...I'll adjust to the # of games left) and he'll be anointed the starter next season and then promptly revert to JAX Gabbert.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Gabbert playing behind this awful line with no run game isn't a great situation for him but I'm glad we get to see what he can do sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    I will repost my original prediction that BG will play lights out, they will go 5-2 (I had said 4-1...I'll adjust to the # of games left) and he'll be anointed the starter next season and then promptly revert to JAX Gabbert.
    i predicted this the day we signed BG and caught a bunch of flack from............nah i won`t do that,,but y`all know who you are
    but I`m gonna stray from the original prediction because there are to many games left and Blaine will be injured also
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

No matter why it’s happening, it is good we are getting a look at Gabbert. I advocated for playing through the bye, or at most to the Seattle game, to see where we stood as a team, then either keep going for it with Palmer or taking a look at Gabbert and other players that had potential as future starters and backups. That was of course before we lost Palmer.

We know ALL we need to know about Stanton. Both Stanton and Gabbert have contracts up this year. We need to see if Gabbert is worth a new contract, as a potential starter or backup. My bet is not starter, but adequate as a place-holder for a drafted QBOF with a small shot at holding on to the job for a while and staying relevant in the NFL. Most likely as a QB2, here or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Even if Gabbert played “lights out” I’d want them to use this draft to go after their QBOF rookie prospect.