Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Is Stanton REALLY injured ??!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    942

    Default Is Stanton REALLY injured ??!!!

    IMO heís not. They just canít admit that they were pressured into benching Stanton and plugging in Gabbert, plain and simple, they had to fake Stantonís injury as an excuse to play BG, in case it backfires.

    This front office is so hesitant to own up to tuff choices.

    They definitely canít figure out major or minor problems, and they sure have no clue how to fix them and adjust.

    Another fact is, they care about peopleís emotions and feelings and their public figures more than winning ! Amos Jones for instance and now Stanton.

    What do you think ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDream View Post
    IMO he’s not. They just can’t admit that they were pressured into benching Stanton and plugging in Gabbert, plain and simple, they had to fake Stanton’s injury as an excuse to play BG, in case it backfires.

    This front office is so hesitant to own up to tuff choices.

    They definitely can’t figure out major or minor problems, and they sure have no clue how to fix them and adjust.

    Another fact is, they care about people’s emotions and feelings and their public figures more than winning ! Amos Jones for instance and now Stanton.

    What do you think ?
    Tbh, your argument seems more emotion driven than rational.

    Which is fine but I'm not seeing any evidence that the team has faked injuries to cover up for their mistakes in the past.
    Last edited by impax; 11-11-2017 at 02:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDream View Post
    IMO heís not. They just canít admit that they were pressured into benching Stanton and plugging in Gabbert, plain and simple, they had to fake Stantonís injury as an excuse to play BG, in case it backfires.

    This front office is so hesitant to own up to tuff choices.

    They definitely canít figure out major or minor problems, and they sure have no clue how to fix them and adjust.

    Another fact is, they care about peopleís emotions and feelings and their public figures more than winning ! Amos Jones for instance and now Stanton.

    What do you think ?
    Tampering with injury info is a major no no in the NFL. No no.

    Secondly, he was visibly limping during lots of the game Thursday.

    Thirdly, if you were DS and were told you aren't going to play and were asked to fake an injury, would you go along?
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,775

    Default

    Yes, he just sucked it up and played through it doubt a back up that's been sitting that long wants to come out when they think they can tough it out. Adrenaline wore off the next day and here we are.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Tampering with injury info is a major no no in the NFL. No no.

    Secondly, he was visibly limping during lots of the game Thursday.

    Thirdly, if you were DS and were told you aren't going to play and were asked to fake an injury, would you go along?
    For what DS is getting paid I think at this point he would do whatever was asked. Knowing after his more than well paid stint as a Cardinal his football playing career is over.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by impax View Post
    Tbh, your argument seems more emotion driven than rational.

    Which is fine but I'm not seeing any evidence that the team has faked injuries to cover up for their mistakes in the past.
    What scenario would you say wouldíve been fitting for them to bench Stanton and play Gabbert other than an injury?

    This is no coincidence, and by the way Iím not saying heís not hurt completely, but he can still play.

    Btw, what past do you speak of ? This is the worst days this front office have seen since they arrived in Arizona. Theyíve never had a mess like this since 2013. People get fired over losing seasons not winning ones. You know why ? Because they canít handle the pressure and they start panicking and make sensational decisions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDream View Post
    What scenario would you say wouldíve been fitting for them to bench Stanton and play Gabbert other than an injury?

    This is no coincidence, and by the way Iím not saying heís not hurt completely, but he can still play.

    Btw, what past do you speak of ? This is the worst days this front office have seen since they arrived in Arizona. Theyíve never had a mess like this since 2013. People get fired over losing seasons not winning ones. You know why ? Because they canít handle the pressure and they start panicking and make sensational decisions.
    Worst since 2013 isn't all that bad given that those were some of the cardinals best years in their history. And Gabbert and Stanton are a wash in my book. Gabbert did ok with SF. Stanton is a little worse but has a better grasp of the playbook.

    So as far as I'm concerned they could bench him whenever they wanted. This isn't a Brady Bledsoe or Brees Rivers type scenario.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    Sounds more like he should have been pulled from the Seachicken game because he was not 100%.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,535

    Default

    If he is injured who will be the backup on Sunday?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    If he is injured who will be the backup on Sunday?
    Matt Barkley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •