Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Stanton REALLY injured ??!!!

I truly believe Stanton was injured....how bad, who knows at this point.

Whether it's just an excuse to start BG or Stanton really can't play....its hard to say for sure.

There is little doubt, the team is well aware of what most of the fans want.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm just glad we may get to see if BG is bum or maybe something better.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AZDream View Post
    IMO he’s not. They just can’t admit that they were pressured into benching Stanton and plugging in Gabbert, plain and simple, they had to fake Stanton’s injury as an excuse to play BG, in case it backfires.

This front office is so hesitant to own up to tuff choices.

They definitely can’t figure out major or minor problems, and they sure have no clue how to fix them and adjust.

Another fact is, they care about people’s emotions and feelings and their public figures more than winning ! Amos Jones for instance and now Stanton.

What do you think ?
    He is hurt because Barkley was signed. Gabbert will start against Houston. I think this is the only chance to try and save the season and go to 5-5. He has mobility which could be huge. I watched the comeback against the Bears in preseason and he missed a throw at the end of the game, an easy end zone read. I'm sure it's eating at him and he wants to redeem. The key to this game is Gabbert outrunning Clowney and company. He can run.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 11-14-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

On 98.7 this am Keim says do not rule Drew out for Sundays game just yet. He says how tough he is.

This is so ignorant to me. I am already upset enough that they let him play second half while hurting, when you have a perfectly healthy guy waiting behind him.

If Drew is less than 100% and you start him against Texans you are even more ignorant than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    On 98.7 this am Keim says do not rule Drew out for Sundays game just yet. He says how tough he is.

This is so ignorant to me. I am already upset enough that they let him play second half while hurting, when you have a perfectly healthy guy waiting behind him.

If Drew is less than 100% and you start him against Texans you are even more ignorant than I thought.
    This is strictly to make Houston game plan for 2 qbs, have to work harder; which is smart for Keim to say. But, from my many years of following football, a signing like Barkley; especially at the quarterback position is all the behavior I need to see.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    This is strictly to make Houston game plan for 2 qbs, have to work harder; which is smart for Keim to say. But, from my many years of following football, a signing like Barkley; especially at the quarterback position is all the behavior I need to see.
    I hope you are right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post

BA was just on 98.7 and said the same thing. They have fitted DS with a knee brace; however, whether or not he will be ready to play on Sunday is still being evaluated. If DS is healthy, he will start.

Insiders are saying that Gabbert will start on Sunday because of Houston defense and Stanton's lack of mobility. Reading between the lines, I think the team does not want to start DS and get him hurt further to the point where he cannot play the rest of the year.
    Last edited by LongTimeFan; 11-14-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    BA was just on 98.7 and said the same thing. They have fitted DS with a knee brace; however, whether or not he will be ready to play on Sunday is still being evaluated. If DS is healthy, he will start.

Insiders are saying that Gabbert will start on Sunday because of Houston defense and Stanton's lack of mobility. Reading between the lines, I think the team does not want to start DS and get him hurt further to the point where he cannot play the rest of the year.
    Drew did practice today but Gabbert got reps with first team. No need to save Stanton, we know exactly what he is.

Thats what I'm saying. This Cardinals terrible O-line stands no chance against Houston's pass rush..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    Thats what I'm saying. This Cardinals terrible O-line stands no chance against Houston's pass rush..
    No JJ Watt, no QB...they are in the same situation as us.

The med staff won't jeopardize a player's health nor their credentials in today's tort-happy climate. MDs clearly will sit DS if he's not game ready. If DS is cleared to play Sunday, then I'm confident that BA will play him all day. A healthy DS gives the team the best chance to win v. the Texans. BA said so.

If DS is cleared to play but then BG starts, all bets are off regarding this team's leadership and team direction until the axes start chopping off chucks of dead wood en masse. DS could be traded later -- that'assumes he's able to walk and some team wants him of course.