Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of Season Actions

Default End of Season Actions

End of season I think that Keim stays, BA is fired/retires. New coach is not given as much authority as BA so Keim will be able to intervene, if necessary. Keim stays because Bidwill family is extremely loyal to long time employees. New coach pretty much cleans house of all existing coaches as usually occurs. This team is gonna look much different next year. I don't see where we assemble all the pieces for a winning season for several years due to age of current best players and the likelihood that they will choose to retire within two years, if not sooner.
    Last edited by WaterBoy; 11-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Well, maybe so.............

For me the first thing SK needs to go is get rid of BA and clean house on his assistants. Then start cutting some older players. Their signings were ok when we were in our window. It's going to take a couple drafts for this team to be competitive in the west again. No need to bring in older players. Play the kids so you know what you have for a couple years. Let them get the experience they need. Hopefully the new head coach will bring in assistants who can actually coach guys up. Not just be buddies who aren't any good as coaches.

SK also has to get it right this off season. He has to hit this draft or it might be time to look for a new GM.

i`ll be mid 60s before this team is relevant again......don`t know if i`ll make it..lol
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i`ll be mid 60s before this team is relevant again......don`t know if i`ll make it..lol
    I'll be mid, um late, no MID 50s! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I'll be mid, um late, no MID 50s! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    i am figuring a 5 year path back to the playoffs though...so maybe you are younger than you think..lol

i am figuring a 5 year path back to the playoffs though...so maybe you are younger than you think..lol
    OK so it's late 50s then. But I've become a believer that it doesn't have to take too terribly long.... look at the Rams. They toss their blowhard to the curb, find the right guy and are now in the penthouse. The Cardinals can do the same, theoretically at least.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    OK so it's late 50s then. But I've become a believer that it doesn't have to take too terribly long.... look at the Rams. They toss their blowhard to the curb, find the right guy and are now in the penthouse. The Cardinals can do the same, theoretically at least.
    looking at this team it`s had for me to imagine a quick turnaround.........hope you are right

Me too. I might have to switch back to the Chiefs. Only been waiting since 1970 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    Me too. I might have to switch back to the Chiefs. Only been waiting since 1970 on them.
    my pre-Cardinal team was the 9rs...lol...sometimes you can`t go back ...Yuch

Go on a diet, start light jogging and wait for pitchers and catchers to report.